USA United Squonkers of America

Dont own one but did some reading and it seems they dont since they decided for a precise wattage which constantly changes the voltage to maintain a steady wattage. Not opening a discussion, merely relaying info that i read here

4 Likes

Sorry guys, haven’t been ignoring you. Rather, my laptop’s been on the “fritz” for the last few days and it’s taken me this long to get the damn thing up’n’running again but all good now (fingers crossed).

@Sprkslfly yeah, it’s only showing volts while it’s firing. Must just be the “nature of the beast” I reckon. Oh well, it is what it is. Thanks mate…

@worm1 thanks for that link brother. Interesting read where I’ve learnt something new and that’s always good :nerd_face:. Understand now why it’s like that so maybe I’ll just choose something else to show in the display instead of the volts. Yeah, I’m building to the watts and not the volts so in the end, not too fussed if I have volts showing or not. Just thought it’d be good to have it show up but now realise it can’t do what I thought it could do. At least I know now. Cheers…

4 Likes

Yes, I want to replace the bottles in the Capo with a soft silicone bottle.
Also maybe have it fit in the Kanger squonks too [soft silicone].

1 Like

This is a must have for squonkers out there. The ergonomics on this bad boy is insane. Hits the Recurve on top with a force that is superb. I am now enjoying the Recurve squared. This is a damn good piece!

8 Likes

Got the Dovpo Dual Topside 200w mod and with my Hellvape Dead Rabbit RDA, it’s awesome. No cons at all :ok_hand:t3::dash:

7 Likes

@ozo Tell me a tale of the Spruzza, oh wise Asmodus wunderkind. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on the one you have, exactly. LOVE that gold with the stab wood mosiac, and Vapor Range has a killer deal on it with an RDA… I think its the Oni-one? Was wondering if you had any good/bad experiences with either mod or RDA. I’m loving the Profile RDA currently, but always good to have more, since I have only the Profile, an elderly model Doge and the Coral 2 (surprisingly good!) that came with my Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 kit. Good deal, bad deal? I think they’re asking like $35 for the kit, Spruzza and Oni-one RDA, which strikes me as an awesome deal, but only if the mod is good. BTW, I’ve become a total Vapor Range addict since u turned me on to them… now got my brother addicted as well. lol

@Skullblade789 lol You DO have the Recurve squared! They’re awesome looking, together.

3 Likes

I don’t know of a better [board] for a single 18650 platform…and get a stabwood
mod too. [squonk mod and different squonk (bottle) ? [Spruzza]
Watch for my half-ass look at some squonk shit…or should I say squonk-a-donk …
I am not up to par with our resident (awesome) reviewer @Steampugs
but I will strive to level low under his clouds, eh?

4 Likes

Which Spruzza ----
It really doesn’t matter, but I do own them all.
I love the touch screen (after getting use to it)
The ‘box’ is a bit weird until you get used to it,
and I ended up using silicone spray on it…
but the mod itself is awesome, many features,
and a perfect match with the Nefarius, and the Galatek
with dual coils, or the Oni One single coil work very well.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Quick Question:

Sitting here chuffin’ away on my VT Inbox and a question just popped into my head … the display is telling me the battery’s at 64%. What’s the lowest level you’d recommend running it down to before recharging? TIA for any and all squonk-a-holic advice. Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks mate. For the time being I might just make it a rule-of-thumb to recharge at 50% or thereabouts. I’m a creature of habit and need my “rituals” :grin:. Cheers.

3 Likes

Sounds like a good plan to me
:+1:

2 Likes

Like @anon13011326 advised, the consensus is to let them run down…BUT
it depends on the device you have them in.
For example, an early mech mod, a straight-pole flashlight, etc…probably
will not have the [electronics] to keep it from a total discharge, which would NOT
be good, whereas [most] modern devices have electronics that will cut the current off
at a safe discharge level…make sense?
Take time and [google] Mooch and ALL of his recommendations on batteries, and
there are some here on ELR. Most of his reviews are in easy layman’s terms too.
You are rightly commended to even ask such a question, kudos mate. Best safe, not sorry, eh?

Your VT Inbox will stop firing when the batteries reach a safe discharge level, maybe
around 48% or somewhere thereabout . Safety is built in, and for good reason…
not so much in the early vape days when the main rules were cast to the wind.
Not to say there are not rules of safety still to adhere to today, as there are some
strict ones, i.e. battery wrap condition, battery carrying practices, ohms law, as a few…
But for the most part, mods have been implemented with wonderful safety features,
to protect our asses from ourselves…so to speak, eh?

So chuff in faith that you are safe…and economical per your batts.
BTW, never…never buy cheap-ass batteries…they always cost more.
Again, check Mooch’s recommendations, then shop for price.
God bless you and loved ones.

2 Likes

What the hell are you talking about ???Don't-Make-No-Damn-Sense

5 Likes

Do you have one of these little boogers ?
iJoy CAPO Squonker

It has a pretty decent board [it ain’t no 250C] , but it is a nice little compact
device, especially for using outside when doing yard work, and at an
affordable price-point. [I found them for $9.98/ea in January-slow boat]
BUT…one thing really sucks about it, after the early days [in USA] of the
great Kanger Squonks and the plastic bottles they came with…fast forward
to 2018/2019, why did this Capo come with such shitty bottles???
To me, they are not worth using, period…the supplied bottles, but I
thought the mod was worth using with a {tank}, and then the search
went on for a bottle made from silicone, or a way to convert it to the
industry standard silicone bottles with a tube. Cut the SS tube, replace
the 510 unit , ??? Seemed like a lot of re-design for a $10 mod.
Never gave up, and found a silicone bottle that works.

You have options to buy them from the USA at a higher price. These came in a couple
of weeks, no worries, as I didn’t even know if they would work. Voila! They do.
The greatest thing about this little yard-work-gnome is that it takes ALL of our
favorite batteries [if you have the adapters/sleeves from other devices]
18650–20650–20700–21700
Haven’t checked for prices in months what a CAPO sells for now, and when
I bought them in January, my only option at the $10 point was the rainbow.
This has been a true defiance of the old adage “You can’t make a silk purse
from a sow’s ear” .

8 Likes

I think @ozo was truly trying to help you. I know when ozo is abrasive and that was definitely not it. Ozo is a lot like me in some senses. This was a truly to help you out type of post. I saw no real get “on you” in that post. Just trying to help out here. @ozo usually has some great info coming from his past posts and future posts.

1 Like

@anon13011326 [included]
The sad part, the part that you, David, got your knickers knotted over,
was [clearly] not even directed AT you, it was a reply DIRECTLY to @Dardy ,
and ALSO was a total agreement of what you had advised. I was in fact giving
you, David, kudos.
[Edited: Not worth the effort]
God bless you.

4 Likes

[Edited: Not worth the effort]

2 Likes

Agree fully!

Double fisted squonking fun. :rofl: These Wotofo Mech Recurves feel so dang good to hold in-hand. Just grabbed a second. Price was right!!! 8ml Cap. With the flavor banging BF Wasp Nano RDA’s and a single 21700.

Was like $25/Recurve $11/Nano $5/21700-40T with a 0.44ohm single clapton hits @ 40W Full battery (4.2V ) down to 26W low battery (3.4V). Has everything for me Flavor, 8mL Cap, and semi-good battery life. :yum:

7 Likes

I’m loving this set up. Revenant x TVL Delta with the Wotofo Elder Dragon

8 Likes