Use Tips for the Game Changer

How do you see separation when it’s milky? Really?

5 Likes

I should have said after it clears. My splainer goes wacky sometimes. :grin:

4 Likes

No problem. I think I can stop with the questions for now and get to doing. I’m sure everything will turn out just fine. This really is a boost for me. I feel more encouraged to mix than I ever have.

7 Likes

Did you have a working TV?

4 Likes

From my limited experience I would say get the speed up to about 25K gradually. Keep it off-centred to prevent any chance of a vortex. Yes - off-centred. 40 seconds at that speed for volumes of 30 ml or less should do it. Doing it longer can’t really hurt it. I am not an expert by any means.

5 Likes

Your questions raise good issues and are always welcome I’ve been struggling with how to address size and volume so I’m posting what I think will be helpful and a thorough explanation. I’ll link/edit when posted.

5 Likes

Right now it’s difficult for me to operate the speed gradually because the speed wheel is so damn tight.

Shoot, didn’t know that. I just finished another 30ml bottle and it was centered. Now what? What damage does a vortex do?

3 Likes

Good because I have another one. I can’t fit a 30ml bottle in my UC standing up. Is it safe if the cap is submerged because of tilting the bottle? And how long in the UC (or just watch until it clears?)

Also, I noticed that the liquid gets milky pretty fast. Way before 40 sec to a minute like you advised me on the first bottle. Do you stop when the entire bottle is milky or go the full 40 sec.?

lukeloop above advised not to create a vortex but I didn’t know and had it centered. What’s the consequences?

5 Likes

:rofl: Too funny! Yeah, that he just banged on with his fist.

5 Likes

@anon36682625 Is running the GC in water for 40 sec to a minute good enough to clean it or do I have to take it apart after every mixing session?

5 Likes

Yes that’s fine. I run it pretty slow.

5 Likes

I’m pretty good at fixing most things, but when I can’t get it, I fix it for good with a hammer or a fastball pitch at a brick wall. That way I won’t keep coming back to it. :rofl:

5 Likes

Yes, it’s what I do and it works fine.

6 Likes

The fact is that it’s quite satisfying to do that.

6 Likes

unitl you find a youtube video showing that one step you didn’t take. :rofl:

6 Likes

Or in my case, my wife shows me the video with a “I told you so” look. :confounded:

8 Likes

That looks like a dram type bottle. 4 drams = 15mls.

Shopping on Amazon for bottles is not how you want to spend your afternoon. No one knows what they’re talking about, the measurements are all off and no one lists the opening sizes of their bottles like a real bottle seller does. Most bottles are Boston Round types and two 15mls can be different in diameter and height. Shopping for bottles should not be this hard. SKS Bottles know their stuff but out of stock in the size I want both in drams and mls.

5 Likes

That’s what I like about Aliexpress they have just about every bottle I need. The items show product (and comparison) shots, descriptions and measurements. They use metric which is our unit of measure in NZ (which is probably pain if you’re in the US). Now, if they could just get their shipping times down to 5 days…

3 Likes

In the US we’ve had the saying, “It’s on a slow boat from China.” for a very long time. I still chuckle whenever I read someone mentioning China and delivery in the same sentence.

3 Likes

The irony is, China post is almost outperforming the USPS at this point.

When they can get parcels here in 10-15 days, including the customs wait… And it takes 10-15 days (or more) for priority mail to only go halfway across the country (NY or NJ to the Mississippi River line), yeah.

Can’t bitch about the ‘slow boat’ anymore when our horse only has three legs (evidently).

/signed
Fed up with USPS

3 Likes