USPS, FedEx, DHL & UPS (!) Vape Mail Ban, incoming late March/ April 2021: Discussion, Updates, Info, Venting, Emotional Support

Why is DHL in the thread name? DHL will send stuff from over seas 100%

3 Likes

DHL was put into the title bc they’ve had a policy banning shipment of tobacco & e-cig products for a long, long time. They’ll transport vape stuff from overseas only bc those aren’t truthfully labelled lol (which should hopefully still remain business as usual after the imposed bans :wink:). I didn’t want to leave them out of the title & have people hopeful that DHL was going to be a reasonable option for shipping within the US. Not to mention that DHL doesn’t even deliver most customer packages to their final destinations, they often hand off packages to USPS for the last leg of B2C deliveries. The only times I’ve personally ever received a package delivered to me from DHL was when I was receiving shipments for my business in a major city; anything I purchased from a retailer as a customer that was shipped to me via DHL ended up actually arriving to me via USPS.

13 Likes

Ahh DHL always comes to my Door we have a big fleet in my city would be easy for them to do business here In Denver…

5 Likes

Sure, why not?

3 Likes

Welcome from a another Denverite. I’m a very new DIY’er (about 6 weeks in) and have been stocking up for the potential “vape-ocolypse” because of the upcoming shipping and other regulatory changes. A (hopefully) 2 year solid supply of hardware, nic mixtures and flavors are snugly nestled here at home. Maybe by then, some workarounds and clarification will loosen things up a bit. I got into DIY because of the recent Denver survey that found a majority of the participants were in favor of banning all vape flavors. Who knows what the future will hold, but I want to be as reasonably prepared as possible.

4 Likes

Anyone who’s been watching, or taking part in this thread, feel free to come by the sister thread …

4 Likes

most people are utterly ignorant about vape, they are vape sheep. they believe what the msm tells them, and we suffer for it.

7 Likes

Hehe, never heard that before, Vape Sheep !!!

4 Likes

How are they not going to ship flavor concentrates, pg,vg, or battery’s. all components by themselves have many uses, I need my flavor concentrates to bake my cakes or battery’s for my flashlight. Pg and vg to make soap and perfumes. Mods and pods yes i can see that.

5 Likes

I totally agree with you. I guess if it comes from a vape supplier, it counts under the legislation and that really sucks. Wonder if Batteries Plus will get lots of requests for 18650 batteries in the near future. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

yeah, i just invented a new one, lol.

and how about this one i made up " they lie, so you buy". talking about TV commercials and salesman. i drill this into my wifes head, she thinks all that stuff doesn’t lie, but thats about all that it does.

4 Likes

Something to keep in mind is that some Chinese companies are very willing to help their customers. I was able to regularly get nic into a country that banned it. One company told me they’d put anything I wanted on the labels and shipping info. Oh, and it was all via that shipping company with the three letters beginning with d.

10 Likes

5 Likes

lol. i actually just bought one of those. it started to work for my older girl, until it smacked her in the snoot, that was the end of that. took it back. so, actually, that one is partially true, depends on the cat. my older girl is kind of a sissy.

6 Likes

no joke I’ve been wanting to buy my cats the Flippity Fish :joy: they have so many toys already tho & I need any extra “non necessities or bill” $$ for nic & vape gear rn, so Flippity Fish will have to wait lol (don’t judge me, I just spent a pretty penny on high quality wet food for them :smile_cat:).

I’m not overly worried on stocking up though, thankfully I already prepped for the PMTAs & CA flavor ban (before it got bumped back), so I’m pretty good. Not spending on PG, VG, cotton, rayon, coil wire & flavors for now, as most should stay available post-ban. Might jump on that NN sale for one last liter (or two :upside_down_face:) bc I’d rather not have to order my nic from overseas. Overseas nic will still most likely be an option post-ban for those who don’t want to or can’t afford to stock up!

I’m not worrying too much about vape gear though as our overseas friends will always be willing & able to deliver, as @natbone said! I might place one last “big” gear order after Chinese New Year, as my fiance refuses to use anything except his Caliburn or XROS :roll_eyes: I’m getting a few backup devices, lots of extra pods & a few cheap wish list RDAs/ RTAs. I’m not ordering out of panic, ordering bc he loses his vapes all the time lol. making a $2-300 overseas order makes the shipping costs worthwhile!

10 Likes

walmart has the Flippity Fish. try it, doesn’t work, take it back.

far as china goes = yeah, they will sell us their first born to make a buck. the thing is, how much of it will get past customs. yes, china can be clever, but customs is not dumb. will they care or not is the $1.98 question.

5 Likes

Customs is made up of people. You’ll find the typical bell curve there.

6 Likes

I did a price comparison between NN 40% discount and LNW regular price for nic. LNW was cheaper even with shipping. Came out to be like $5 cheaper. I ordered a gallon from LNW last night. $5 isn’t much but it went towards the Ursa pod mod and rba kit I also ordered last night :rofl:

6 Likes

Haven’t checked…, but seeing 120ml for.9.⁹⁹ @ LNW & 50ml for $10 @ NN, I’d say LNW has a better price, but NN is probably better quality

5 Likes

But LNW is what I started with & I am using their nic. atm…, my 1st order was as clear as water…, no smell or taste… so I ordered a bigger bottle & it’s off in color, but but it has no smell or taste… but I read tht u recently obtained a g.c., IIRC @mjag said u can use salts prior using the g.c. with no flavor altercations;)…

7 Likes