USPS/FedEx/UPS Shipping Ban, what are you stocking up on?

I might buy a little more wire but the only thing I worry about is flavor concentrates and I don’t think I can possibly stock up enough to make any serious difference.

7 Likes

nic and then hardware all going to be the first things. unless they alter the vg/pg and flavors, those will be safe. the thing is we really don’t know how this is going to pan out. there may literally be vape nazi’s & stasi, or they may just end up looking the other way(doubt this).

8 Likes

Oh man, you might have to hire a mixing crew and start a new small business. I hear the new admin is all about supporting small business, lol :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes

There are some things I’m not worried about so not really stocking up anymore. I already have a good amount of nic for myself plus @Josephine_van_Rijn posted a link of where to purchase nic from overseas if things get really bad here. The China vendors have never labeled their packages and know what’s coming and are prepared (as best they can be). Aside from nic, diy supplies are always legal because of the food & beverage, health and cosmetic industries. Honestly, I’m more concerned with obtaining two commercial juices that I’ve been trying to clone for years now. I even thought of sending you samples to see if you could nail down some of the flavors. I’m befuddled!

11 Likes

Yeah…Nah… :rofl:

6 Likes

What were the juices @muth ?

6 Likes

I just received my order, I got about a 5 year supply of Nicotine and VG

8 Likes

and how much would that be ? i have just under 1lt of 250mg = 10-15 years worth.

9 Likes

I already have 3 gallons of 3mg nic vg and a gallon of 48mg VG nic, I just received my order for 4 gallons of VG and one gallon of 48 mg VG nic. So I’m in good shape. I may order more before they stop shipping, but am happy with what I have for now.

8 Likes

I’m continuing to stock up on everything. I bought a few extra mods, about 10 more 18650’s and about 5 tanks. Since starting DIY 7 weeks ago (after vaping for 7+ years), I’ve bought enough pre-mixed nic-vg-pg for about 2 years, almost enough flavors for a couple of years and lots of bottles. I still need to buy more coils (not interested in wrapping) and a few more flavors as I expand my palette I’ll be checking sites for coils later this afternoon and probably order some more flavors sometime this week. The hope is the extra money I am currently spending will pay dividends over the long haul.

8 Likes

did you used to smoke ? how much $$$ did you spend a month ?

9 Likes

I was a smoker for almost 50 years. Vaping has saved me so much money, including fewer health care costs. I used to get pneumonia every year or two and bronchitis every year. Since quitting smoking more than 7 years ago, not one instance of either pneumonia or bronchitis.

I was figuring my vaping cost with a friend this morning, and I think it is about $ 50 - $ 60 per month, but that is a very rough estimate. I bought 2 packs of smokes for a broke friend this morning (first time in a few years) and it was $ 18. Was shocked at how much cigarettes have gone up in price over the past 7 years. Though I am spending a ton on vaping right now, I know I am spending A LOT less than if I were smoking. :grinning:

8 Likes

about 40 years smoking for me, started at 15. i was about $100 a month, 2 years ago, $80 a carton then. this is what i use as a vape budget. in the coming years, even if there was no ban crap, i wouldn’t be buying much = saving money.

my point = use your cig budget for the next 2 years and STOCK UP. you couldd spend $200 on nic right now, that would probably last you the rest of your life. see where i am going with that ?

9 Likes

I’m with you on stocking up. I think I have about a 2 or 3 year supply of equipment, base and flavors based on the calculator from another thread. I just bought another 65 coils and a 7 more tanks, just to feel more secure on the equipment side. Hope you have a great week, and thanks.

8 Likes

Hey… EVERYBODY… look at it like this… ur not WASTING ur HARD EARNED MONEY on a BAD HABBIT…, ur SPENDING it on an ENJOYABLE HOBBY;)… !!

8 Likes

I used to get bronchitis twice a year when I smoked. Since I started vaping 2 yrs ago I haven’t had it not once.

9 Likes

You could always buy wire and make your own coils like I’ve started doing. You won’t ever have to worry about wired being banned :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I’ve mentioned a random thought I had that RDA users could pull open a toaster and use the flat element wire in that if they are REALLY stuck.

Not that I will be that stuck like that, with 400+ feet of assorted wire over several gauges, but who knows what other people have or don’t have stocked-up right?

I’m sure toaster elements are nichrome ribbon and there’s gotta be a good 12 feet of the stuff wrapped around the internal boards of most of em.

An improvisation, if needed by anyone.

I should design an improvised vape kit from scratch: be like, old coke can filled with 9V batteries sticky-taped in series, running @ 50 volts and gives you a zap anytime you touch it… sure it might set your head on fire, but look at the vapor coming out that fucker when it works!!

The toaster element coil can just get stuffed inside the Coke can - call it an “AIO”… just don’t wiggle it or the coil will short the batteries and it will explode…

7 Likes

Funny you mention that, was noticing same thing. I’m fact, I don’t even get colds or anything anymore since started vaping.

9 Likes

I can’t say I haven’t gotten a cold either but as soon as I say it I’ll get the COVID mess

9 Likes