Uwell Stock SS coils

Was just curious. Think we discussed it before. Only time I got that flavor was when ohms were of. Was wondering if they miss wrapped the coils or maybe had mislabeled them. Disregard if it’s same on all your mods.

1 Like

Anyone used the 1.2 ohm stock coils? and do they perform ok under 20w.

1 Like

I received a pack of them by accident with my last order but I don’t use them. They work great under 20 watts and I believe the lovely @Amy2 uses them

2 Likes

Well it has been 24 hours and I still haven’t received a reply nor even an automated reply saying they received my email…

Hope is dwindling…

I had the same issue with crown coils. I think they were the ni200 coils though. Make sure to prime the crap out of that thing, and hit the crap out of it for a few minutes. The taste went away for me after chain vaping.

Broke my back along with my neck in 2008 at work and have been disabled ever since. C6 & C7 leaving me with right side spasticity. L4 & L5 in lower back left me in a chair for 4 1/2 yrs but a bit more mobile now.
So @wvsanta i understand what you have went through and are still going through. :+1:

Thoughts and prayers for your good wife my friend. Myst be terrible for her. :pray:

1 Like

Would like to see what there reply is. Re coil cotton and authorised distributors.

1 Like

You and me both!!! I kind of expected a reply by now…

As soon as I get one though, I will cut and paste their reply!

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi they don’t work well under 20 they get better around 27-29 watts but still too breezy for me to get a nice MTL hit. I’m trying to not give up on such a beautiful tank but it did fall out of rotation atm.

2 Likes

My mistake, I’m sorry… I just ASSumed they worked well under 20w because I have 1.2-1.8 coils I used to use around 15 watts, just never the crown

1 Like

@Pattie it was a tough one to bounce back from. I have busted my self up pretty good over the years but this accident really took the wind out of my sails in a big way.

Truly hope you continue to gain more mobility as time goes on.

2 Likes

Not enough umph in the teens spitty and lousy vapor. That starts to change in the high 20’s. Low 20’s still not a steady enough vapor flow wish it would I’d be happier Bc it would still be not as warm or as breezy but even with the tank dang near closed its blustery !

1 Like

@wvsanta thanks. Yeah its a long road but hopefully get there in the end. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I just got a text from DHL with my 5 new crown tanks being delivered today, I bought 1 a month ago and it has been my all time favorite tank. I am hoping that the new tank kits aren’t shipping with the bad tasting coils. Darth, Let us know if you get a response from Uwell. I bet they ramped up production with all the positive reviews they have gotten and changed something . I guess this is where we see what Uwell does by hopefully replacing or recalling or something.

1 Like

Hi all, I’ve followed ELR for quite some time but this is my first time posting in the forums. I wanted to chime in as I too have purchased 2 Crown’s in the last 30-40 days and the coils that came with them all had a very odd taste as others have described. At first I thought I did something wrong, it was almost a burnt plastic taste. I had it on the SS and the Ni coils which leads me to believe it is the cotton in them. I even soaked the coils in isopropyl alcohol and rinsed really really good, but the taste remained. I had purchased the RBA deck for them so I immediately built my own coils, also because I prefer titanium coils. I have yet to attempt to take apart the Uwell coils and try to put new cotton in to see if it changes anything.

1 Like

I think @Pro_Vapes took the stock coil apart and done a rebuild somewhere but can’t seem to find a link.

I found this interesting…

Our resident deal finder @quitter1 noticed that ecig just lowered their prices a lot and now allow 5 packs and not only 2 to be purchased.
This is where I got 4 packs that tasted like shit. I’m wondering if they are doing this because of the issue?

http://www.ecig.com/uwell-crown-coil-4-pack.html

Bid emphasis on buying lots and lots of coils NOW!
Why? I think just to get rid of them before a recall mabey?
Did the bad taste ever recede from the coil you were using?

1 Like