Uwell Stock SS coils

Yes it did finally go away but not until 24 hours later…
And I still haven’t received a reply from them yet and something tells me I am NOT going to

Thats a lot of juice to go through to “break in” a coil. Never mind putting up with the taste for 24hrs, and you still have more of the same coils. :weary:
Hopefully they will get back to you soon but don’t know what they will do for you! Big bag of free coils hopefully?

1 Like

At this point the only thing I am concerned about is, what the hell exactly I am inhaling?? Because like I said the taste isn’t your usual cotton taste or machine oil taste. It is something extremely rancid and I really want to know what the hell it is!

I don’t expect them to do anything for me and so far they are doing just that, not even a reply!
I would be more than happy to send them all these coils I have for new ones but all I really want is an explanation…

I hear you bro it would be bugging me also. You don’t really know what you’re inhaling :scream:
I know you love the crown tank and have a few of them, so you have considerable amount of time and money invested in them, so i to would want an answer from them to say why this has happened.
Will be watching closely to see how this turns out. I only have the 1 crown and mainly use the rba so coils arn’t a problem for me, but this sucks. Big time.

1 Like

Still no reply from Uwell but I emailed ecig.com with my issues and asked if their huge price cut had anything to do with it or if it was purely a coincidence.

They responded within hours;

Hello ____!

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, along with the results of your “field test!” We haven’t heard anything regarding a change in production, and while still possible it seems unlikely a bad batch would affect that many retailers. Our pricing is just coincidence, but I do hope the coils are changed back soon! Let us know if you do happen upon more information regarding these coils, we would love to know as well.

Regards,
Swenda

Sure sounds fishy to me email them a link to this thread

2 Likes

What kind of device using it on? If it’s glitching ( high watts) or glitches out of tc could singe wicking on first toot. taint everything. maybe? Hope you figure it out cause that’s a rotten experience!

@DarthVapor, I really sympathize with your situation (stock coils only), but at some point you should break this cycle a learn to make your on coils or you will always be at the mercy of what’s sent to you. It’s very, very simple to do and the rewards are tremendous. Once a coil is mounted it can be used for a couple months. With a simple cotton change you’ll be vaping a whole new set up. Sometimes the better option is to get out of a bad situation than to accept it and complain.

i’m normally a rda kind of guy but but i own a couple of tanks for work just for ease of use, after the hype about the crown i caved and bought one in black plus a pack of ni200 0.5 and 0.25 coils all from fasttech (authentic) received it two days ago only used the ni200 coil that came with so far and is working perfectly if i have any issues i’ll be sure to post it here must admit bit worried now!

1 Like

Not good. I wonder if the taste is coming from the cotton they use or the actual metal. I won’t be buying coils from them though. Thanks for sharing.

WOW…This isn’t what I wanted to read about at all! LOL

I purchased 2 crown tanks 2 weeks ago. both off ebay but from 2 different venders.
Both have been working perfectly. I’ve only used the .5 coils so far and both have tasted great with hardly any break in time at all. One is starting to give a burnt taste every now and then, so I guess its time for a new one. My mods only go to 40 and 50 watts so ive only been using the .5 coils and luckily one of the tanks I bought came with all 3 coils being .5.

EDIT: I just changed the .5 coil and it is fine. I primed it thoroughly and its hitting and tasteing just fine. By the way the TELEOS REMIXED - The Milk 2 is delicious!! I’m hoping to be able to clone that. If anyone knows a good clone recipe, please post it.

But Im concearned with your post since I ordered 3 packs of coils from fast tech a few days ago and all are .25 coils. I just received my Reuleax RX200 and have a Evic VTC-Mini ordered as well to use the .25 coils with and hopefully they aren’t like you described. I’ll post back when they come in and I get to try them.

I’m runnig a crown .5 coil at 200c 50w on my Evic mini, you dont have to use .25 if you dont want to.

Hey guys, I came on here to let you know that I opened 1 of my 12 or so packs of coils and it was perfect…no taste, nothing wrong.
I still have a shit ton of the nasties BUT it appears to be a “bad batch” and not the new norm…or so I would hope

Just didn’t want to leave everyone hanging while on my hiatis

4 Likes

Thanks!! Really good to know! I can buy and recommend with confidence. Hehe.

Good to see someone here from my neck of the woods (West Bradenton), worked in Sarasota for 12 years until 2008. Sounds awful re the coils. I’ve pretty much been building my own since I started; I have a new Crown in the box that I haven’t even tried yet with the stock coils it came with. When I ordered the tank I ordered the RBA at the same time because I really have no use for stock coils, they are way overpriced expensive. Hit me up sometime and let me know where you chop-chop so I can come by sometime and sample the cuisine. I hope you have some luck reaching out to the manufacturer or distributor as the case may be! Regards!

So how good is the RBA for the crown? Im still pretty new at coil building but have used the RBA in the subtank mini a few times. Now that im getting into TC I was thinking of trying to find some SS wire to use in the RBA’s and on my drippers. Just ordered a couple velocity clones to try out.

I like the RBA. It’s about like the one for the STM. I think it was @SthrnMixer who was talking about using a 3mm ID for it to keep it from leaking. Knock on wood, but I’ve been using it for a couple days and even top filling normally, I haven’t had it leak yet. I use 26ga 316L SS, 3mm ID, 4-5 wraps. I pull the wick up through the cap as I put it on and cut it flush with the top, then stuff it down in close to the holes.

1 Like

I need to make a retraction on what I had written before concerning the stock coils I had purchased. As it turns out the stock coils I had gotten that tasted bad were purchased from one of my local vape shops (in Misery) and a set I had gotten from FastTech. Originally I had stated the bad taste were from coils I had gotten out in OK City when I was there on business. I just located that pack (which I had mistaken for a different set of coils… the OK coils do not have an off taste to them. I current am in NC for the rest of the week, thought I may pick up a set from here and see what they are like.

1 Like

I have 2 Crowns and LOVE them but the RBA deck is awful. Although I rebuild all my own as well, this Crown is best with their coils.

0.5 coils i hate, gives a blah taste-muted

0.25 I havent yet tried. They are selling them cheap everywhere. i think there must be something wrong with them or being SS, people arent using them properly? Cant say. Not yet used any.

But the Ni200 0.15 coils, are by far the best pre-made coils i have had to date, on any device and i cant get enough of them.
I vape only desert vape juice that gunks up all coils. On rebuildables, like a Goliath or Bellus, I have to rewick every 2nd tank.
On, lets say a Aspire Nautilus using their pre-mades, I get 3-4 days of a great vape only and by the 7th, I must change the coil.

But these 0.15 coils are fantastic. I get 6 weeks on them, using the exact same desert vape that gunks up all other wicks and coils and could likely get more. It sounds impossible. If someone had told me that, I would have laughed at them.
Im on my 4th one at 0.15, using two tanks and I pull them out at 6 weeks, knowing i still have more time. i only have taken them out because I am in shock its been 6 weeks and i keep thinking, they must be gunked up and i can’t tell anymore. SO i put a new coil in but it tastes the same as the one i just took out.

I can’t figure it out but I vape mine at 435F and 45-50 Joules. All I know is that for some bizarre reason I cant account for, they just keep going and going like the Energizer bunny, for me. But as stated, these are the Ni200 0.15 coils. I get 4 from Fasttech for $9.35 where I do know people are selling the SS 0.25 for less. So, I must presume that most Crown Users are using those coils, instead of the ones i am.

Im not sure if this is helpful but this is what i do to my coils when i change juice if the old flavour is more over powering then the new.

I get a little jam jar ( ones you get from fancy hotels when you stay) i fill half with warm water the rest with vodka, i drop my used coils in it, screw the lid back on and give it a gentle swirl not shake due to the oxidised layer build on the coil that protects you from inhaling the chemicals in the wire.

I leave mine over night as its easy but you can leave it as short as a hour or two.

to get the vodka out you can dry fire (not recommended) or you can cover up the air holes (i use Bule tac) and blow into the top of the coil, this will force them liquid to come out of the side holes where juice would normally go into when in a tank.