Vanilla custard tastes not as I expected

I keep running back to the mixing cave, looking in all the nooks and crannies. I could have sworn I had that.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is the OTHER one we are talking about, right ??

1 Like

You mean GF vanilla pudding?

I have
GF vanilla crescent
GF vanilla pudding
GF quark yoghurt
GF rubharb
GF honeydew
GF Erdbeer (strawberry)
GF Lakritz (liquorice)
GF zimstern (ginger cookie)
GF gingerbread
GF melon galia
GF passionfruit
GF cheesecake

I posted some thoughts on these on the obscure brands thread… If you have any questions regarding any of these feel to ask…

2 Likes

Yup ! Swear i couldnt find it and i just recieved my recent order from them #facepalm

2 Likes

Oops, yes I mean Pudding.

1 Like

I learned this quite a while ago. It’s a road I’ve traveled during my intensive flavor research when I was searching for the best for me. I really don’t know why I didn’t stick with them, but some I tried was very good…

A very very old order… I don’t Know how I missed the Custard…

3 Likes

I see you tried the GF cookie one of my favorite flavors ever. As well as the toffee, they do have two different toffees however one was very weak and the other very very good and strong. If you do get the toffee again as i recommend it lol make sure to specifically ask for product number #1362 (Sahne bonbon)

Ignore the fact that it says 7% on the label(germans are a bit aggresive lol) you only need 0.5% as an accent, 1% as a mixer and 3% as a SF

3 Likes

If you can’t find it at Vaperstek, you can always order straight from Germany. Shipping costs are rather significant, which may explain why even local suppliers sell it at a premium price.
But… if you like good food, you spend a little extra at a good restaurant too. If GF flavors are really that good, I don’t mind paying a little extra.

Here is some info on their shipping costs (Versandkosten & Lieferzeit bei GermanFLAVOURS - GermanFLAVOURS):

Shipping costs & delivery time
Shipping costs (transport, packaging, insurance)
When ordering in our online shop, different costs for transport and packaging arise depending on the selected shipping method.
Should there be separate additional shipping costs for individual articles, these are listed in our catalog directly in the article and will be included in the order process in the total transport costs. This overview does not contain any information about article-specific shipping costs of your shopping cart. These costs are shown directly in the article.

In the order process, after selecting the shipping method, the specific shipping costs for your order (based on the selected shipping method and the specific content of your basket) will be calculated and displayed to you immediately before sending your order in a complete overview of all order data.

The following shipping methods are available in our online shop:

DHL Pickup Mon.-Fri. 2.00 pm

Order value: 0.00 € - 49.99 € = shipping costs *: 4.90 € incl. Fee for statutory age check by DHL.
Order value: from 50,00 € = 0,00 €
(all information including VAT and if applicable plus article-dependent surcharge)
Only shipping to: Germany
Note: Packing stations can not be supplied.

UPS Inland Zone 1 Pickup Mon.-Fri. 3.30 pm
Order value: 0.00 € - 49.99 € = shipping costs *: 5.90 € incl. Fee for statutory age verification by UPS.
Order value: from 50,00 € = 0,00 €
(all information including VAT and if applicable plus article-dependent surcharge)
Only shipping to: Germany

UPS RU
Shipping costs *: 59,50 € + 17,85 € per kilogram of goods weight
(all prices incl. VAT and if applicable plus article-dependent surcharge)
Only shipping to: Kazakhstan, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Belarus

UPS abroad EU
order value: 0,00 € - 99,99 € = shipping costs *: 15,00 € / 22.00 € (Portugal, Spain, Switzerland)
order value: from 100,00 € = shipping costs *: 0,00 €

(all prices incl. VAT and if applicable plus additional charge)
Only shipping to: Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden , Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic

UPS USA
Shipping costs *: 47,60 € + 11,90 € per kilogram of goods weight
(all information incl. VAT and if applicable plus article-dependent surcharge)
Only shipping to: Canada, USA

• All shipping costs are incl. VAT. Depending on the content of your shopping basket, there is an article-dependent shipping surcharge. This is shown in the individual articles. When paying by cash on delivery, an additional fee is due, which raises the deliverer on site.

delivery time
Our delivery times are given in the item description to the right of the item picture.

These are for example | Delivery time: 2-5 business days *

On the day of receipt of the money, the deadline for delivery begins. Holidays and Sundays are not considered a working day.

• Valid for delivery within Germany.
3 Likes

I have checked out the site before and would order enough to distribute shipping cost. I said would because google translates the first page to english for me but subsequent pages go back to german how do i get it to stay translated?

1 Like

For me, all text gets translated but not the text on images…
Not sure whether it’s standard behaviour or some extension I’ve got installed. I do remember having clicked a pop-up to always translate German to English. My German isn’t all that great either.
There are a couple translation extension available in the google store though.

3 Likes

K so i sorted the translate to always and it worked! I added 100ml vanilla pudding went to register and NIEN! Lol this is where im stuck now lol

Its an age verification thing that asks for block 1,2,3&4 guessing this is standard info on german ID but on canadian ID/birth certificate not so much…

Odd thing is 100ml is 33euros which is 49CAD whereas Vaperstek is out of stock of 100ml but 30ml are $10.50 so vaperstek is actually slightly cheaper. Going to email and ask for a wholesale account. I want a 1L!

2 Likes

I see what you mean…
Maybe it’s best just to send them an email at info@germanflavours.de

2 Likes

Just wanted to note that as written, this could very easily read/translate to the inexperienced as you saying that “the flavor isn’t for everyone”, as opposed to what I’m fairly sure you intended to be “Finger testing isn’t for everyone” :wink:

Lol :wink: That’s the spirit!

It’s fairly ‘safe to do’ with most flavors… But you’ll “pay dearly for it” with “the wrong ones” (sometimes for hours) :rofl:

4 Likes

Since you didn’t mention the percentage of stone you use per recipe (on average)… I’ve got to ask.

Are you mixing for a company or battalion? o0
:laughing:

3 Likes

Thank you for that tidbit!
I received a few 2ml GF samples with my Ina order last year, and haven’t touched them since I saw the crazy high percentage suggestions (most were 8% plus).

This actually gives a glimmer of interest and hope!

3 Likes

For anyone that know me here, also know it’s really not hard for me to say what’s on my mind… How an individual interpret it is on them.

Yeah, for sure… keep your fingers away of ws-23 (30%) unless your nose is so stuffed that even a scorpion pepper doesn’t clear it out. Your mouth and throat will be numb for hours and even when the feeling comes back, you’re still not going to taste anything for a good while.
(a few drops in a 30ml bottle gives you an arctic blast and instant brainfreeze)

2 Likes

Wow, I wasn’t expecting so much answers!!!

Thx everybody :+1:

I did search for the suggested aromas, but here it is not available (other then Cap or TPA) (or if it is, they have a sh*tty website wish can not be found via Google).

My regular supplier has also Cap, so to start I will order this and hope it is not so harsh.
since I’m just a starter/hobbiest, I dont want to order across borders, just for a few mils.

Once again a big cheers for all contributers, and I have some brand names in the back of my head, just in case I really need the better/other taste!

Kind regards :facepunch:

4 Likes

Shameless self promotion since I have returned to the community. Try something like this if you don’t want to waste the TPA custard: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/21974/Vagnerian%20Canape
Or adapted as a base: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/29021/Milkstone%202.0

The coconut and cream cut the harshness and you end up with a dry, less sweet subtle custard cream flavor, from what I remember. I worked with that flavor quite a bit before moving to CAP VC.

6 Likes

@et3rn1ty Welcome back, and bring on the shamelessness !!! I actually had both of those favorited, just haven’t mixed them yet.

1 Like