Vape Mail 2023

I noticed Wire Optim offers little steel core sliders last time I ordered. I know people ask about them a lot in coil making circles. For the stuff I like making, I doubted they’d be a big help.

I tested them out and found out a few things. What I’d hoped for was: That they could keep 4 core wire flat while fusing, but also no need to slide them. I kind of wanted them to just slide along without having to bump them. I could do it with 3 cores, but not 4. With 4 cores, they like to bunch up, but they also need to be slid manually. With 3 cores, you can just fly right through it making fused clapton wire. I don’t usually use that kind of stuff but they might help others with aliens or avoiding collapse. I don’t use anything on tri core alien wire so no big help there for me.

These things work great for framed staple wire. I got my ribbon and cores slid through, and could just fly while fusing… They slid by themselves, while keeping everything in place. I don’t really use framed staple wire, but maybe some of youz guys do :grin:. A few more pics:

The openings are a bit over sized. If they were super tight, they wouldn’t slide un assisted. I could fit 3x26ga cores into the one marked 27ga. It was a snug fit but still worked.

11 Likes

I have a set of those. Maybe two sets…somewhere…
Forgot all about them.

6 Likes

Thank you @DanielTheVapeMan appreciate you🙏

15 Likes

Oh but you dont take a picture of all the strap-ons i sent? Noooooo appreciation lol jk

11 Likes

TRIPLE SCORE @fidalgo_vapes !!!

5 Likes

I’m back in the whole “Gonna run out soon” situation @fidalgo_vapes. Not ready to go in on the gallon solo yet.

1 Like

Jusy talkes to Laura at NR so let me PM o
Yiu later , drvi g and appts todsy

5 Likes

I should have posted this in “what made you smile today“ as getting new toys always makes me smile!

14 Likes

Sorry to tell ya this but some bugger stolen your rda from the middle box

5 Likes

lol @Grabbo It may have been me, I actually got that one and the Drop yesterday, just wanted to include them in what In received today :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Just another idea for you and others to ponder the squonk bottle on the lost vape I’ve made the tube hole bigger in the cap on the bottle with all the probs that have been going on it seemed to restricted to me and to report it seems to of worked and now I use it more

6 Likes

@Grabbo thank you for the tip, do you mean the fill cap end or the end that goes into the RDA?
So far (knock on wood) I haven’t had any issues with my first Lost Vape Centauraus Squonk and I’ve had it just shy of 1 year with the exception of it not reading my coil at first but that went away after a week or so, I chalk it up to user error. I’ve had no leaks, no problems with the bottle not being secure at all, I use it every day more than any of my other devices by far and it’s been very reliable and, paired with my newly acquired Hellvape Dead Rabbit v3 it is a perfect vape for me, hopefully my second one will do just as well! :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

@TimWV

Hey man, how does the DR3 hit?! I have the OG version- and fucking LOVE IT!! It’s been my GO-TO for like a year. Clouds- and FLAVORTOWN! Lmk bro.

6 Likes

@D.Sims I absolutely adore the DR3, granted I’ve only had it a couple of days but man it hits like a beast and as you said, flavor for days! I bought a second one before I even knew how great it is and as we speak I’m building it now to go on my new Lost Vape Squonk.

7 Likes

All I needed to hear… Thanks bud!!

6 Likes

It surprised the heck out of me. Looking at photos, it shouldn’t perform as well as it does. It’s got huge airflow of you want it, but I only use about 9 of the mini holes open per side. I have most of the popular, top performing, dual coil RDAs. The Dead Rabbit 3 RDA can hang with most of them in the flavor department. The draw is smooth, and it’s really easy to set up. I cut my coil legs pretty short, like 4mm…

The Hellvape Hellbeast is another one that vapes pretty awesome. It has a stupid deck design, but it’s similar to the DR V3.

5 Likes

The bottle end it seemed to me to restrictive so I made it wider

4 Likes

I better check as to whether there is a hex on you regarding passing fluids.

5 Likes

The main problem i found is the spring load setup. Puts too much pressure on the bracket. One day i might take it apart and remove the spring to see if it can be used

5 Likes

A huge restock of the basics but only two of note.

A spool which I’ll use to teach @D.Sims on the key factors in coil making.

My monthly cyanoacrylate order (superglue or CA glue for others) which covers any mixed item I am asked to work on with a back up to seal wounds fast.

8 Likes