Vape Mail 2024

Screwing things in. I almost exclusivly use the impact around the house. Hanging picture frames. Installing wall mounts etc.
They both essentially do the same thing. The impact is just quicker with lot more power. The drill is for that real delicate work where you dont want to over torque something or going slow.

I know a few friends that are contractors that dont even own a drill, they just use a impact 100 oercent of the time

5 Likes

Okay that helps, thx.

4 Likes

Overall i think you will find the impact more useful since it can really do everything where as a drill has limitations. Say you need to remove car lug nuts or a stubborn bolt. A drill doesnt have the power to do that but a impact will do so with ease. When screwing things in i find the impact less likely to strip a screw even on small screws in delicatee material as long as you slow down at the end and not power through it. The drill on very fine materials can change torque settings not allowing you to strip the hole but it also on any normal ssize screwing will require you to put more pressure to keep the bit in the screw causing more stripped screws. Both have their place like i said but the impact can do everything a drill does plus more.for the real delicate stuff with small screws your gonna find yourself using a regular screw driver over a drill anyway

5 Likes

Makes sense. I find myself using manual screw drivers quite a bit. Iā€™m def looking into an impact. I just did a lot of reading on it just now, too. I do own a corded drill for those emergency battery deaths.

5 Likes

@muth heres the multi tool

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-Atomic-20-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Oscillating-Tool-Kit-with-3-Ah-Battery-DCS354PK/329079284?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&pla&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw97SzBhDaARIsAFHXUWDHaqYJglH8gecPtOjvuwYeH7xhNJD2Kb-Qh6z8HU4l8Rz2e6g0q4EaAlX1EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I got it because of the grip . It is so nice in the hand especially when using in odd angles or above your head ā€¦let me find the driver/impact combo. When i got it there was a saleā€¦Milwauke Multi tool was bulky and i didnt like the way it felt. I have lots of Milwaukee , Makita , Porter Cable and dewalt tools. As far as whats best it depends on what your using thwm for and how often you use themā€¦I had a Ryobl set forever and its still going strong. My chop saw is actually Ryobi . They are descent for the price

Here is the combo for 169 but not the same as what i got , should work just fine though

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-ATOMIC-20-Volt-MAX-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Combo-Kit-2-Tool-with-2-2-0Ah-Batteries-Charger-and-Bag-DCK225D2/322138483?g_store=&source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&pla&utm_source=google&utm_medium=vantage&utm_campaign=23663&utm_content=25314&mtc=SHOPPING-RM-RMP-GGL-D25P-Multi-NA-DEWALT-NA-PMAX-NA-NA-MK862089001-23663-NBR-5704-NA-VNT-FY24Q1_Q4_Dewalt_D25P_PowerTools_RM__AON&cm_mmc=SHOPPING-RM-RMP-GGL-D25P-Multi-NA-DEWALT-NA-PMAX-NA-NA-MK862089001-23663-NBR-5704-NA-VNT-FY24Q1_Q4_Dewalt_D25P_PowerTools_RM__AON-71700000117510291--&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw97SzBhDaARIsAFHXUWDjO928KgwKBgtfqXTZRIAoIOoJshGjfr70kPlCsYS23afpN27NvhgaAm_eEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

This is the one i got on sale

DEWALT
20V MAX XR Hammer Drill and ATOMIC Impact Driver 2 Tool Cordless Combo Kit with (2) 4.0Ah Batteries, Charger, and Bag

4 Likes

Those multi occelating tools are awesome. I have the 18v ridgid one. Great for undercutting stuff like jambs etc and cutting blind boxes in drywall

Ryobi dont make bad tools. I have a few like their miter saw. They are not really on the same level as the main bunch but certainly not bad.

My favorite is the ridgid collated drywall gun attachment. Thing plows putting up drywall and so fun to use

5 Likes

Ya gotta love DIYEjuice where you spend more for shipping than you do for the stuff you actually buy. LOL

6 Likes

Whereā€™s this from @McDuckie ?

3 Likes

Diyejuice in Canada

4 Likes

When you think about it you canā€™t blame them.
They arenā€™t in charge of the shipping rates.
I always grab a bunch of shit from them to make the shipping more reasonable

4 Likes

Hey @STR8V8PING what is the name of that Oreo cream that you were taking about? Iā€™ve tried over the years at developing a Maple Cream Oreo. Much to my wifeā€™s dislike. She hates the maple smell. Iā€™m wondering if that Oreo cream would blend well with FLV Maple Bar and a touch of FLV Caramel for a good potent maple cream.

4 Likes

I hear ya. :rofl: it really doesnā€™t bother me too much. Itā€™s only $$$. I usually have a large list of wants and a small list of needs. This time the needs won. Iā€™ve found that If I buy a lot of stuff that I want then I realize that I really donā€™t need most of it and end up giving it away. So Iā€™m actually saving by not buying a lot. If that makes any sense. :thinking:

6 Likes

Sterling cloud aka apex flavors vanilla cream cookie filling. Lb vienna cream is a good oreo cream too

5 Likes

Where did you get this?

4 Likes

@wllmc I actually scored it on amazon., and transplanted it into a Bull City Flavors 120ml PET bottle.

5 Likes

lol cool I was like who ripped off Lorann :rofl:

4 Likes

You did that lorann label?

4 Likes

Same label, on new bottle.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got a 16oz unopened bottle of Butter Rum.

6 Likes

6 Likes