Vapor Flask v2 Reads Titanium Wire

I recently did a build on my Magma RDA which I was using to test diy juice. I made a Fused Clapton with a titanium core so I could get a pure taste. I started with my mech mod but it had no wattage control so I put it on my VF2. It ask if this was a new coil and I clicked yes. I proceeded to adjust wattage but it was in temperature mode. To my surprise it read the titanium and regulated the temp. I think this is real big news that there is more than one wire type that can be used on Temp Control Devices. Titanium gives the purest taste of any wire type that I have used and it’s less tempermental with TC devices than Ni200.

5 Likes

That is interesting. Not so much the temp control, for me, but using titanium wire. Where would one purchase said wire? I love 316L but if there is something better out there im all for it.

I found some on Ebay. This is grade 1 / 25 gauge. The same type that I’m using.

1 Like

Nice, decent price too. Going to have to grab some. Thanks!

1 Like

Pulse it low and slow, don’t over fire before it’s wicked. It will decentergrate.

1 Like

Yes, titanium wire will work in most TC-devices, but when you set the temp you gotta halve it - so if you want 450oF you should set it to 225oF - at last that’s what I read (or something to that account). And it makes sense, because titanium’s temperature coefficient of resistance is 0.0038 whereas nickel’s is 0.005866 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @daath, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it reading. And reading it on clapton is doubly surprising.

2 Likes

So, how is a temperature controlled clapton?! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m having multiple vaporgasm! ! ! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

http://www.vaportekusa.com/joyetech-evic-vt-vw-full-kit-5000mah/#oid=1002_51
I was thrilled to see this and thought wow titanium… I’m psyched to get more wire for my bin…

1 Like

Is this it? Wasn’t sure of the thickness?

1 Like

that’s the one.

1 Like

This is the first time I’ve seen TiO2 advertised.

1 Like

Titanium coils will last longer too, won’t they?

In my experience, they don’t get gunked up as easily as kanthal :smile:

I can recommend zivipf.de, not the most cheap shop out there (take off 19% Vat of the price) but holds every imaginable wire one can look for with all the details one can need.

I have 150 ft of this Tio2 and it’s as advertised and it’s local to me. Seller ratings and all. Can you get any better than Grade 1?

1 Like

I spoke to some Greek vendor, that deals with the greek TC mod VIR that uses titanium wire. He said that the alloys were best, as they produced the least amount of titanium dioxide (the white powder)… He said that with the alloys you were inhaling much less of that… So, I don’t know… :smiley:

1 Like

I have breathed more Tio2 in 1 day on a regular basis than you’re ever gonna get from that tiny iota from firing coils. I like to think of myself as an expert of the effects of Tio2 after 30+ years of working with it… and I mean nose hairs are white with Tio2. We just blow it out and go. If it was bad believe me they would make us suit up. In my 30+ years I’m sure I have handled well over 100 tons through my hands. That small amount wouldn’t even register on a scale unless it went -.0000 But to each his own.

Yeah, I’m sure it’s fairly harmless - My point is just that why breathe it if you can avoid it? :smile:

1 Like