Very Sad News My Brothers and Sisters

Thanks @Dan_the_Man, @fidalgo_vapes, and @SthrnMixer. I am saddened by this loss, and will keep Jesse, his friends and family, in our prayers. May he rest in peace.

14 Likes

Thank you @woftam.

11 Likes

Thank you again for providing the link @fidalgo_vapes, just signed the guest book.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/jesse-thomas-obituary?pid=197623838

11 Likes

I was in contact with jesse all thru this it started over a year ago when he vaped he said he got heart burn so never seen about it well after a year he had a hard time swallowing food and drinks. So he went to hospital he was diagnosed with throat cancer.

He then began treatments of Chemo and radiation for 8 weeks he was tube feed all thru this as he could not pass food due to mass in throat…

well after a few weeks after treatments he tells me he is in a nursing home I then thot oh boy this is not good they are just making him comfy Well later on he finds out it has spread to his hip area had a mass there also he told me he was just skin an bones now since all he was fed was by tube

then he complained about his back hurting bad but did not say it was cancer or not but it did spread to his bones he said

so at this point i knew this was not good we just humored him when he came online talked about every day things and i was in the process of making him some CBD ointment to apply to his hurting areas

then there was no contact he was not online for a bit …so after like 3 weeks i wrote his parents an ask how he was never got a reply so thinking the worse I did a search in the local papaes there in the Obits and there he was. I knew for some reason this was going to happen My jaw dropped and i had a heart ache …

this is the obit
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/buckscountycouriertimes/obituary.aspx?n=jesse-scott-thomas&pid=197623838&fhid=4602

I myself made a donation to cancer research in his name so some day this will stop

now jesse was a stand up guy loved to tinker with his PC an do mods to it also other DIY projects loved to mix also

he had some nice mech mods he loved his tubes he would polish weekly we always laffed an joked with the group we hung with online he will be missed greatly he was a big help here most times an had many friends here and loved by all

here is jesse an dog his best friend

he was always telling us stories about him lol it was actually his parents dog he lived with them but he had him most of the time as he would visit him lol

I coul;d go on for hours about him but this best I could do for now

he will be missed dearly in our little group we had thet chatted every day it seems empty now with out him but to us he will be there always in spirit an heart

thank u every one for your kind words on him I know we will all miss him

Alan

23 Likes

Thank you @AlanS.

10 Likes

Was looking back @worm1’s stats, and didn’t realize he joined December 2016.

12 Likes

Really sad to hear this. He was a good man.

14 Likes

I’m saddened to hear this.

I’d wondered what was going on with him, as it has been a bit since I’d seen him post or toss a like.

Jesse was always a pleasure to interact with and talk to. He’s definitely going to be missed.

13 Likes

Thank you for the share @Dan_the_Man, I have noticed his absence and I am very sad to hear this.
That’s the downside of forums, people drop off and you don’t know what happened. :cry:

13 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.

I wonder if it’s possible to have a list of members we could just go and lookup? Is that even possible?

12 Likes

Probably not my dear, especially not with all these restrictions when it comes to travel.

10 Likes

idk exacctly what you mean. but it is possible, no travel reqquired.

11 Likes

My bad, what I meant was, I would love to have a list of all the members that interact on the forum. The list would be for me to go and look through to see who I haven’t heard from in a while so that I can make a post or dm asking how they are doing.

:wink: :hugs:

12 Likes

I get it now, excuse me but it’s still Monday :grin:

9 Likes

Such sad news. I will miss @worm1 and his contributions.

13 Likes

Very sad to hear, prayers go out to @worm1 and his family. When I see a cloud in the sky I will know Jesse is vaping a tasty flavor.

RIP Jesse :pray:

15 Likes

The closest way that I can think of offhand is going to be a very short list. But it’s better than nothing.

In your user panel, you can see who’s posts you ‘like’ the most often, and those that have ‘liked’ yours as well (usually fairly similar, but not always).

Click on their icon (same as you would on their post), and you should be able to see their last active/post date.

11 Likes

I don’t know HOW, but this post showed up as a recently posted to thread, and I clicked on the highlighted link, and it took me to one of @worm1 funny posts.

9 Likes

Very sad to hear that.

10 Likes

This is so sad, thank you guys for the sweet memories & gracious remembrance of your online friend. I didn’t personally interact with him, but I definitely recognized his username & avatar from being a serious lurker here. I hope he is resting in peace now & that everyone hurting from this loss can find their own ways to grieve & remember their friend. I absolutely loved that his obituary mentioned his online friends, filled my heart up to see that’s in reference to a lot of you guys & the DIY community he was a part of.

12 Likes