VSO Flavor Tasting Notes

When the first 4 flaves came out I absolutely thought the Strawberry was my fave …

4 Likes

Great review as always. Would you add any other BB’s to this when building a recipe, or just use it solo? Many thanks.

4 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes now that I’m almost done with the first run, it’s interesting that Shane was able to put his personal touch, or uniqueness into most of the fruit flavors, and it sets them apart from the pack.

Thanks very much @Steve68. The BB could indeed stand on it’s own, but you could also temper it or boost it with a few other flavors, but it would really depend on what you were after as far as a BB note.

3 Likes

Huckleberry (VSO) 5% (8-31-20) – OK everyone, LAST single flavor test ON DECK. I did save this one for last, despite torturing @SwaggyShane over it, hehe. OK, what the HELL is a Huckleberry. If you look it up, you may get quite a few different answers. Can look LIKE Blueberries, but they ain’t !!! Alright, now that the dust has settled on that, let’s see what’s what here, for science and stuff (yes, I said STUFF, I have to post this on multiple sites). When Shane said he threw an extra one in the basket, I didn’t know what to expect. I know you guys are probably get sick of hearing it, but dammit, this one is UNIQUE !!! My initial reaction (beyond WOW), was it was like riding a Blueberry sled, down a hill full of Blackberries !!! Yes, you read that right. OK, seriously though, this has elements of both Blueberry and Blackberry in a ONE, TWO assault on your senses. Despite more chain vaping, the melding of those two main elements could not be shaken. As many other of Shane’s creations, this one as well, is fairly complex, in so much that it really keeps you guessing with different elements peeking out at you from time to time while vaping it. At 5%, if seemed all but perfect, rich, full, and just IYF (In Your Face) delicious. Sweetness might be a tick above mid sweet, but it suits this flavor. Nothing off putting, artificial, except for the undying desire to KEEP on vaping it !!! I think this is a NEW release from VSO, and it’s very worthy OF being released. I think simply saying Blueberry and Blackberry doesn’t really come close, but it’ll have to do. This flavor vapes great, and finishes with a tart kicker, that really drives this one home. If you are in the market for a DIFFERENT blueberry-ish, blackberry-ish, darker berry-ish vape, this one SHOULD be on your must have list. Handily closing out this series, with a 10.1/10. I have to give this a + 0.1, because it’s just too damned good, not to.

8 Likes

Alright folks, let’s summarize this flavor run here. I had heard some scuttlebutt about VSO recently, and started looking for some info and reviews, and didn’t see enough, so I picked up a box full to do JUST THAT.

All in, these flavors impressed me, and I kept comparing them (in ways) to the original Medicine Flower. Not as strong as MF, but the natural’ness of them, could not be denied. Clean, accurate, and very natural tasting. At FIRST, I scoffed, when I had to scoop up 30ml bottles, fearing, “Well, what if they suck” ?? LOL, well THAT didn’t happen, and quite frankly, now I’m GLAD I have the mid sized bottles of them.

Many of them, have a certain “uniqueness” to them, that DOES set them out from the pack, and that’s not easy to do these days. No one wants a Strawberry, that tastes just like all the OTHER Strawberries they have, etc. If you like what you’ve read, reach out to @SwaggyShane at VSO, or in the UK at Chefs Flavours and pick some up for yourselves.

As always, feel FREE to post YOUR thoughts on them, right here.

Stay tuned for some my VSO One Shot Reviews, coming SOON !!

Thanks for reading …

4 Likes

I did… Not a fan…(about the custard one shots.) Wasn’t a fan of any of the one shots… Birthday cake tastes like bubblegum to me…BUT it could be my buds…lol
Agree with op about the fruits… Not potent enough… But authentic and tasty none the less… and will be repurchasing some of them again! The Espresso is very good.

7 Likes

Hmm, when I’m happy with it I’ll let you know. Nothing too complicated.

4 Likes

Many times @muth, THAT, is what makes it great !!!

3 Likes

Well, I have 5 picked out with Huckleberry as one of them. Even though you gave SB big kudos I left it for later only because I am so strawberried out from my first 2 years of vaping almost nothing but strawberry. I almost passed up the coconut because I’ve tried so many and have flavors I need to use BUT I can’t resist a good coconut. Thx again for all your help. And a shout to @marsh8 for the encouragement on the Espresso. That’s definitely in the cart.

5 Likes

Oh oh, @SessionDrummer @fidalgo_vapes I see that VSO is in Sulphur City, LA. Idk what the impact of the hurricane is there but I hope everything is okay with Shane and his business.

4 Likes

Shane is good and everything is intact …Hes is further up North , like a few states further

5 Likes

That’s great, I’m happy for him. One of our members on another forum had to leave his home.

Since you’re here I wanted to ask you and @SessionDrummer how you organize your flavors. I’ve been grouping them by brand but it doesn’t help me prepare any faster. I was thinking maybe by flavor profile. What’s your strategy?

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try it solo first, and go from there. Just tried to get VSO Strawberry after reading your review, as I suffer from the ‘strawberry blind’ curse. Needless to say they are sold out. Seems I’m not the only one to have read your review. Thanks again.

3 Likes

@muth than you very much.

As far as organizing, I have tried ALL manner of organizing, including by STRAIGHT flavor names, which turned into a jumbled mess. The ONLY way that I can keep mine straight IS by MFG name, then alphabetically. I’ll get a pic later, but it’s like muscle memory Muth. Just group them by MFG, and alpha, and start using. After a short while, you’ll start to get used to where the MFG’s are located, and so on.

Everyone’s different, and stash sizes will vary, but at least for my mega hoard, it was the only way to go.

3 Likes

@muth, you must do us all a favor, once you get that Huck and Coco, you gotta post up where YOU stand on them. Love to hear YOUR thoughts.

2 Likes

Thanks very much @Steve68. I’m not SB blind, so once you get it, you’ll have to post back.

2 Likes

Will do. Just tried Chefs and they have sold out. So it may take a while. Damn.

3 Likes

Well shit @Steve68, that certainly sucks.

2 Likes

Yup, that’s how I have them organized now, by brand and alphabetically. Truth is, I’m running out of space again (with gear, as well) and have a bunch in boxes. The boxes are marked by brand but it’s no fun sifting through. Time to clear out more drawer space.

3 Likes

I organise by Manufacture…Ive tried other ways , but have always went back to manufacturer…Its never easy when you have to go through 100s of flaves …Example WF i have their complete line and their all in the same bottle so its very hard to find something Unless its in 4oz bottle

3 Likes