VSO flavors / Best Before buy dates/ Flavrz strength etc

That safe is where he keeps his top secret recipes. I bet he has some bangers all locked up.

5 Likes

LOL, not sure if Iā€™ll be picking up 1Lā€™s hehe.

5 Likes

They might come in handy if you have people with pods you cater too. All i know though and this is the bad thing about over diluted items and here it is.
I buy stuff from a place here in the uk that sells big bottle of concentrate. They are manufactured for companies that sell commercial juice so the you need 20-25% of it. The problem is this over diluted concentrates dont have the shelf life as others concentrates do as they degrade faster. And i know this from the 3 500ml bottles i bought only 1 is still useable but its barely hanging on because i added another 3 concentrates to it. And that was only bought 6 months ago. And as the flavor started to weaken i had no choice. So i wouldnt recommend a litre unless you would be using it all quickly

5 Likes

The largest Iā€™ve ever bought is 120ml, about 5 or 6 of them. Add in another 5 or 6 Flavorah @120 ml cuz the price was $3.99 for 30ml or $5.99 for 120ml.

5 Likes

Which one was that mate, we have so many recipes in our system and have been developing a few custards as winter approaches here for various clients. Can not remember the one I gave you

4 Likes

Yeah @SessionDrummer put it on here no Dm ing sharing is caring :flushed: :innocent:

3 Likes
1 Like

Not correct for all Flavrz flavour concentrates 1) they have a best before date of 2 years from manufacturer, 2) Flavrz concentrates are not diluted, 3) without actually trying our concentrates it is not accurate to compare them to others that are made for ingesting only.
Whilst I understand what you are saying, most resellers buy in bulk supply aka 1 gallon unit and rebottle back down to other sizes. This is generally not done so using labs, and leave open the possibility for dilution on the original flavour concentrates.

Again with Flavrz flavours this would not be the case

2 Likes

I have gotten those before from a vendor here. Rebottled but weak as f***. Claimed they were brands but since found out that may not have been the case either. Apparently rebottled in a uncontrolled warehouse with no thought to clean room or environment controlā€¦

6 Likes

VSO flavors are just great blenders, I like working with them as much as Flavorah. I donā€™t get any floral from them, there is a slight alcohol note from some but not all off the shake, probably because they are ethanol extracted but my adv (Cappuccino SC) is alcohol based so Iā€™m quite used to it. A little steep and good to go, (I do not steep anything ā€œcap off ā€œ). The only one that was a little rough for me, alcohol taste wise, was the Butter Rum Raw. But mostly Iā€™ve been sticking to the Non Raws as I find them easier to mix with even if I have to mix higher %, but I have so many OG non Raws itā€™s just easier for me and the steep time is less. I did pick up enough Milk and Toony in raw form to dilute enough for probably 600ml thoughā€¦

8 Likes

And we could tell you EXACTLY who that is ā€¦ but we donā€™t need to. It is ashame as most new or even older diy mixers getting the concentrates from that source will never know the difference.

3 Likes

Yes, I know you can. Hopefully they will be out of business soonā€¦

2 Likes

I dont want to get in a back and forth at all. But i can slap a best before date on anything doesnt mean its accurate. I am talking about my own personnel experience with over diluted commercial used concentrates. Even the company i bought them from said they are only half a shelf life of 6 months to a year. So i highly doubt you found some magical way to give you a two year lifespan i say congrats. But im sure most places you sell them to use them up rather quickly so you wouldnt know. Weak= short life span. As the flavors will fade within the pg mix. Ill take the word of the company i have bought from as they do sell regular concentrates and commercial eliquids. They know what they are talking about. They been making liquids for businesses in the uk for years. The only way to truly find out is to let it sit just leave it there all by itself and test the bb date. Until then you really dont know what the shelf life is.

4 Likes

Sorry but have to disagree, and whilst you may have some knowledge on the matter does not mean that you have the correct information. For ALL Best By dates have to comply with Food Labelling, Food Safety Standards and in our case ISO22000.

To set you straight ALL FOOD INGREDIENTS must be fully LAB tested to COMPLY with any Standards.
We do ours inhouse and they are audited under that various STANDARDSā€¦ yes there is more than one.

There is NO GUESS work (why have one at all if this was the case or your statement was correct about fading??) on a best by date, they are lab tested under BS/ AS or relevant standard (British Standards or Australian Standard etc). Best By dates are about food safety and compliance.

Whilst we agree with you about flavour fading over time, this is a USER ERROR issue. As the flavours WOULD not have been stored correctly or to the manufacturers specification. Yes this happen but it is always an issue with USER ERROR not reading the label or instructions.

3 Likes

I think you are confused on when best by date is. You are just taking a written response. Best by a certain date gets them covered if it goes bad or before. So for example you buy bread which has a best by date. So you buy it on the 14th bbd is 18th but even after keeping the bread bag closed securely the bread is now hard on the edges working its way towards middle. Now even though you keep the bag secure and remove the air from it its still happens. Why? Because you introduced air into it when you opened it. You have now started the degradation of that product. As with concentrates every time you squeeze the bottle to dispense the said concentrate you introduce air into the bottle. Its not user error its just the chemical make of the concentrates that degrade quicker when they are not in their true form. So if you refine the hell out of your flavorings at cost reducing process and the end you refine the shelf life of that said flavoring. All i am trying to explain when you refine them to the point you need 15-20ml to 100ml and suspended in pg the flavor will fade. Many fw concentrates i have used at 15-20% and unfortunately the flavor does fade if i dont use them in a timely manner. They will lose there potency once that bottle is opened.

2 Likes

Again why there is a best by date ā€¦ Appreciate your point of very, though will have to disagree with your point of view

Best By date and Used by Dates

1 Like

You missed raising one UK point: BBD (Best Before Date) is required on all consumable products regardless of how much merit it has after that date (so many have opted for the 2-3 year range). For example, honey and Lea & Perrinsā€™ need to list a BBD but honey never fails and Worcestershire sauce only improves with age.

3 Likes

Because it is mandated by government for food safety. You are selling a food product not a vaping product.

4 Likes

Best by date is not a guarantee. Its just a saying. Its just a regulatory marking. Look all im saying is you really put me off everything that revolves around you and your concentrates you pointed out over and over it would be USER ERROR!!! The fact is that was such a business response as the customer is at fault. And thats wrong. Its obvious you never understood basic chemistry. Wish you the best bud. But others who you sent these concentrates have not been as favorable as sessions reviews. And honestly using his high profile name to push your stuff might not go as plan for you. But again wish you luck

3 Likes

I can see your reasons to be unhappy. Although, I just suggest having a short break to gather your thoughts in order to distance yourself from emotional responses.

7 Likes