What are ultras?

It was my go-to for a while, there’s no question to me it’s the most natural tasting form of blueberry of all I’ve tried.

Thing with me is, I found over time that I wished it was a little more ‘preserved’, like a jam or jelly, rather than simply naked blueberry. I have gotten away from it in favor of WF Blueberry Jam (SC) lately. That is right between the eyes perfect blueberry preserves. Definitely my kind of blueberry.

When I started mixing I was told to aim for 20% flavor. That fell by the wayside very quickly though. I really don’t think of concentrates/extracts in terms of strength really. I just use the % that works best. If it’s 0.05%, great. If it’s 8%, great, whatever. Like you, what matters is the finished product.

5 Likes

The only pure cinnamon (vw) I’ve tried can be smelled before I open the bottle and it’s the only one I daren’t get handshake on (well, that and saffron, but not so much). Maybe it’s a similar strength?

2 Likes

I bought the blueberry to keep my DIL off cigarettes and all she wanted was a cereal with blueberries on top. The fresh aspect worked for that.

3 Likes

I swear that morning only exists because we did something really bad in the past. Two of the worst words together: morning appointment

4 Likes

More coffee drip, less drip coffee?

3 Likes

I wonder whether it would help with ‘coated tongue’. Pretty much nothing tastes when that’s in play

4 Likes

I love my coffee like I love flv :stuck_out_tongue: :coffee: :stuck_out_tongue: a bit too much! :crazy_face: :rofl: :laughing: :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

It’s probably easier for you than anyone to keep track, FLV is all pretty strong so your always gonna be close by a couple % lol

5 Likes

but it is at a point I want to dump every single one of my recipes and start all over again…
it might just happen that way. :wink:

I do have some plans… but its a hard choice. The recipes are all good… but I am not going yet another direction too. Will see. :stuck_out_tongue: :coffee: :desert_island: < now if I can just find my hammock lol… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I owe that tip to JimiD on VU, he saw me post about trying it at a higher % and yuck. I use it as a cake booster and give it a few days to steep. Even at that lower % it will over power other cakes for a few days until it settles. Works well with JF Yellow cake

6 Likes

Some things needs to be clearly stated to avoid the confusion and since newbies are reading this.

• Ultra means only one thing - that it’s about a very high concentrated flavor and nothing else!
  • Ultra does not mean that concentrate is any better or superior to the others.
  • Ultra does not necessarily mean that the concentrate is actually any different than non-ultra (it often does since other processes and ingredients are used, but not necessarily). Concentrates of some brands consist of 95-99% PG as a flavor carrier and brands add it for easier mixing and selling more while keeping the price low; while some others don’t dilute their flavors that much with PG/VG/EA. So, if you had a flavor of one brand, one non-diluted to be used at 0.2% and the other diluted to be used at 2%, you wouldn’t know the difference in taste or anything else except different % of that flavor should be used ofc. Or another example: a one-shot brand may be using only FLV and MF flavors and only 1.4% flavors in total would be used, but the one shot they are selling will require 15% mixing - it just means they added PG/VG on top of the flavors to allow easier mixing for vapers and cheaper price of their one shot. The flavor would be exactly the same in your mix.
5 Likes

It’s not a made-up term, at least! I deal with these in my day job.

7 Likes

Perhaps… but at least I have the right to say I can disagree with all this and just go on and say I appreciate all thoughts etc…

I also know… I do not use anything to fluff out my shots… I just sent off a 15ml of nothing but flavors, usage rate is 2.25% to a dear friend of mine… not 14% :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Ultra to me, means the “Cadillac” or top of the best you can use… for our flavors… both in taste, and in usage amounts. If it means anything else to anyone else… at least I can say it is your interpretation… and yeps… I still like my coffee whit a lil cream and sugar :wink: :coffee: :tada:

4 Likes