What Are You Listening To? (Part VI) 2022/23

Oddly (Maybe I should say ‘normally for me’), it was a day when scatological matters came up a lot. After explaining to others who became rather red-faced, I reminded them that Scatman isn’t linked to the aforementioned predilection so we can still rejoice in that:

7 Likes

A local band…

6 Likes

Loved it, though I found it hard to ignore Techno Viking vibes:

5 Likes
2 Likes

You need some milk for your honey:

4 Likes

Which band are you listening to?

Oh, and welcome to the forums. We have had a problem with bot accounts of late, so we’d appreciate it if you introduce yourself:

7 Likes

I’ve been prepping Mrs. Squirrel for watching Weird: The Al Yankovic Story. Oddly satirical covers and parody don’t tend to be included in the Chinese educational system.

And, as I have included a parody of ‘Happy’, then I must include Gave Gorman’s breakdown of the traditional and Pharrel ones:

10 Likes

I’m listening to one of my playlists.

As the loss of others is on my mind, I am starting here (when we formed a group decades ago, most decided to join the 27 Club in their excess, or ‘checkout’ - resulting in me and a Czech Satanic artist left as the only ones left standing).

6 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

P!nk looking her damned finest ever.

3 Likes

What an outstanding music video. Such raw emotion from both the song and the visuals. The first time I saw it I was speechless. One of the few times a “cover” is mind blowing.

I had a similar reaction to seeing “Sound of Silence” from Disturbed on Conan.

9 Likes

This is another exceptional one. When it comes to this song, I sometimes find it hard not to hear one of the many One Song to the Tune of Another versions of it on I’m Sorry I Don’t Have a Clue.

I’ll see if I can find recordings of them but, listening to I Tawt I Taw a Puddy Tat to the tune of Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah! and The Laughing Policeman to the tune of Tina Turner’s Simply the Best should give you an idea of how brilliantly mental it is.

6 Likes

Not got it yet but this one was rather fitting: Hurt to the tune of Singing in the Rain.

5 Likes

It was also the final song for the last scene in the last episode one season for ‘The Blacklist’. It was so well done all I could do was sit in utter awe.

To set it up, the two in the backseat are both shot up and near death. Red, the dude wearing the hat, has found them and gotten them to a car.

5 Likes

Minus Nancy but that voice carries her… :heart:

8 Likes