What are you watching? 2022/23

https://www.amazon.com/Doc-Martin-Season-1/dp/B000RVLSBW

4 Likes

Doc is a great series. One of my old favorites. Good find SD!

3 Likes

Fun movie! Easy to pick apart, but still fun.

2 Likes

And they liked Samwell Tarley from Game Of Thrones so much, they wrote a modern-day version of his character into the script :grin:

3 Likes

Just watched the first 3 episodes of ā€œHope Streetā€ and am enjoying it.

Also watched the first episode of ā€œThe Responderā€. Very well done, but it may be a bit too dark and intense, even for meā€¦and I usually like dark and intense.

2 Likes

Here is another Canadian fellow I rather like, heā€™s a Cognitive Scientist and I donā€™t know what that means but it sounds smart.

And the poem:

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Waiting for it !!!

6 Likes

Looks like a good one

2 Likes

Van der Valk was suggested by a friend. Watched a few episodes (they are 90 minutes) and have thoroughly enjoyed them.

4 Likes

Iā€™m a bit late to this I know but we enjoyed the first season. Weā€™re about half way through the second and itā€™s not been as good as yet.

5 Likes

Great series!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been following Corey Goode and heā€™s one of the producers of this movie. I find his familyā€™s history with the military and secret space programs fascinating and literally out of this world and hard to believe but I like this kind of stuff!

https://youtu.be/_YlPx0-ebVU

2 Likes

Season 1 was great. A wonderful watch !!

3 Likes

Just watched this on Prime, not a bad film and I quite like how Liam Neeson and Guy Pearce played their charactersā€¦

Interestingly, it got quite bad reviews but I didnā€™t mind it at all.

7 Likes

Noticed that tonight and have put it on the watch list.

4 Likes

Finished watching series 2 today and trying not to spoil it for you but for me it wasnā€™t as good, although there was one scene I didnā€™t see coming.
Started the first episode of series 3 but still too early to understand the link.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. Sometimes the second season of a unique series loses something from the first season.

4 Likes

The Buddhist lay organization I belong to helped in the making of this short documentary on automated Killer Robots. I thought you might find it interesting, disturbing and informative.

And if you would like to sign a petition against the use of these killer robots:

The Soka Gakkai International (SGI) Buddhist network has been an international member of Stop Killer Robots since 2018. Hayley Ramsay-Jones, director of the SGI Office for UN Affairs Geneva Liaison Office and representative of the Stop Killer Robots Working Group on Intersectionality, advised the filmmakers on issues related to representation, race and gender.

3 Likes