What are you watching? 2022/23

Probably my favorite Rush concert. Love how the rowdy Rio crowd often acts as a fourth instrument.

5 Likes

One of my favorite bands of all time!

4 Likes

@robrrt1 they put new meaning into crowd participation.

2 Likes

It’s Neil’s fault, I’ve got this kit …

9 Likes

Even as a southpaw myself, it always takes my brain a few seconds to comprehend a kit like this… and it took me a few more seconds to find your hi-hat :grin:

4 Likes

Hehe @robrrt1, at the risk of further derailing this thread, it’s safe to say I DO, and HAVE had a Rush problem since Permanent Waves, and it’s never let up. I owe (as MANY other drummer’s do), a huge debt to Neil Peart, that can NEVER be repaid. May he rest in peace.

As far as the SouthPaw’s, we’re the only ones in our RIGHT mind…

7 Likes

Tony Iommi was a Southpaw also.
Great guitar player

5 Likes

Just seeing that opposing floor tom started a groove in my head

2 Likes

I don’t try to imagine the state of (heavy) rock music had Tony not lost his fingertips in an accident

4 Likes

I Agree absolutely amazing band. I met Getty at a Tim Hortons coffee shop in Toronto Ontario many years ago. I was star struck and everyone else was like oh it’s just Getty Lee. I guess he goes to that location every morning for coffee and to read. They have such respect for him that no one really bothers him. He just like a regular guy having his morning coffee. I actually felt bad for asking him for an autograph. He was really cool about it though. He asked what my favorite song or album was (the whole 2012 album). I bought a ceramic Tim Hortons coffee cup and he autographed it.

9 Likes

I am an avid music fan- and just a “little” bit of guitar player. By chance, do you have any footage of you playing @SessionDrummer?!

I think it would be COOL AF to see it if you do!

5 Likes

Hehe, I get that a lot @D.Sims. I’m not a big YouTuber or as I call it “Look at Me’r”, hehe. I also try to maintain a fair amount of separation from THIS thing that we all do, vaping, mixing, DIY’ing, and other things I do. I’ll hit you up.

4 Likes

Oh, now THAT explains a hella lot… :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Just watched the first episode of “The Silo” and it has grabbed me. If you are into dystopian future sci-fi, give it a try.

5 Likes

@Cary1 that IS a great series.

3 Likes

For some reason I like watching those discover channel gold mining shows. Been watching sweet tooth and some Ted lasso.

4 Likes

Excellent feel-good choices.

4 Likes

Has anyone watched :point_down: (still waiting for this one to land on torrents)?

3 Likes

Excellent Movie Buckets of Blood & Gore Galore.
“Mommy’s with the Maggots now”

8 Likes

Not yet @Mikser, but now I WANT to.

2 Likes