What are your current experiments?

Same with mine. The scraping around the door seals that is. Minor issue at best.

4 Likes

Check this out @KC111

4 Likes

Now is the time to tell me if I should cancel my order and pick up one that has an even lower temp control if you don’t think -11 F is low enough. Thanks for the link, going to read it now.

3 Likes

No no @KC111 let your order roll. You’ll be FINE !!!

3 Likes

Maybe someday, I will get myself a back up so I can just transfer the nic so I can defrost the other :rofl:.

4 Likes

HVPGH

Tommboy

Mar '21

I’m not an expert but have read and spoken with many people about this. When I first started DIY, I always broke down everything into glass Boston Rounds. Of late whilst preparing for this prohibition I spoke with a vendor that told me they shipped the nicotine in freezer safe containers topped with argon for maximum freshness. My bottled supply has fared exceptionally well, but I too am not going to purchase a separate freezer, and the cute jugs are definitely freezer space saving friendly. That said I have about 2 liters or so as packaged saved in my freezer. I usually make a point of opening and tasting the product before storing, but in this case I have made an exception and straight away put them away for long storage. It is also nice having the original labeling, sealed bottles for who knows… YMMV

4 Likes

It’s just a guessing game, and the super low temps (unless you step up to $5,000.00 plus) are very small, so it’s really splitting hairs at this point.

Keeping it in a dedicated freezer, is ALL you’ve got to do. As we’ve discussed, shared freezers can work, BUT, with people going in, and out, in, and out, are not ideal.

But let’s be honest, SOME people leave their NIC sitting out, at room temp !!!

I would never do that, and I have TOO much to risk that. My plan (way back during the LAST NIC crisis), was to load up on gallons, put them in 500ml Wheatons, with Argon, and stock up, untill I ran out of room, JUST to be safe.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I shouldn’t say this, but that’s what I did. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My shared freezer now is an auto defrost, my last freezer was a manual frost, so hubby got rid of it, darn it.

4 Likes

Will do that next time I have extra $ to spend. I just hope this freezer lasts some time before it gives out.

3 Likes

I remember that thread. I chose to disregard it.

3 Likes

Gasps, LOL. Is he definitely wrong, though?

3 Likes

Plastics have come a long way. I agree glass is superior, though.

3 Likes

Well, I’m sure they told him that, and they may indeed top off their bottles with Argon, but IMO, plastic is still plastic. I was still concerned about air penetration, and leaching into the NIC.

I don’t think if you vape NIC stored in the freezer in plastic would grow you a third arm, BUT, once you start buying gallons and gallons of NIC, it wasn’t real hard to just push to glass, for safety, peace of mind, and an attempt to maximize it’s lifetime.

3 Likes

Sounds good, hard to believe that plastics is just 1 molecule away from being butter, LOL.

3 Likes

Can you please post a link of your -45F freezer?

3 Likes

The specs are wrong (or inaccurate) on the Amazon listing. Once I saw the temps people were actually hitting, I ordered one. Got it, then picked up a second one …

4 Likes

So what we have will store colder than -11F?

3 Likes

5.0 out of 5 stars
Super Cold- Great For Botanical Extractions

Reviewed in the United States on July 4, 2019

Verified Purchase

This little freezer gets super cold! Just three hours after plugging it in, the temp on my regular thermometer was buried past the maximum -20F marker and the digital thermometer read -32.8F. This is a great little freezer for doing botanical extractions. Will keep your alcohol and material super cold to prevent picking up unwanted waxes and lipids in your extraction.

UPDATE - The specs for this freezer are definitely wrong or are for the normal setting. After 24 hours I got a reading of -40.5F inside the freezer on the maximum temperature setting.

4 Likes

Our company has 4 of these units, they work well for three to five years. They hold temp -15 to -20 without any issue, but expect to replace the unit in under 5 years…

I’m convinced, LOL.

4 Likes