What Are Your Favorite Vanilla Combinations?

I just got that for a recipe. It’s good solo? Nice, can’t wait!

5 Likes

Yes please @anon84779643 :pray::pray::pray:

6 Likes

oh yay!
Nine flavors I get to order!
Jeesh!
The trouble is, I know if you posted it that it kills.
Just don’t know of I can pull the trigger on all that.

3 Likes

Those recipes and flavors are not running away… it’s OK to take small steps and not buy everything in 1 go.
You have to realize that most of us have spent quite some time building up a stash. Not everybody has the budget to buy 500 flavors in 1 go and even if we could, it makes no sense. You can’t possibly have the time to test all those out at once, make recipes with them and vape all that juice before the flavors pass the best-before date (not that the liquid goes bad, but flavors can over-steep).

Don’t fall for the rabbit hole, be reasonable and you’ll find a way to balance it all out. Take small steps and slowly but surely you’ll get there.

13 Likes

Everything @anon28032772 just said is so true… If I took everything I knew today and started over i would probably only have 50 flavors or so… Maybe 100 and i would never need anything else as far as Flaves go…

8 Likes

sure… :stuck_out_tongue: hehe!! :slight_smile:

if I had known what I was getting into way back when… naw… I still wouldn’t change a thing :wink:
Experience and playing with your flavors are big players in the mixer you will be in a few years.

5 Likes

Would be great to hear what you think. When I first got it the SFT at 3% was not good but then used the RFSC VIC at .5% with the RF VG version VIC at maybe 1.5%, can’t recall exactly. This was in a mix but the RF VIC flavors came through nicely.

I have to try some SFT on it again at the same % you did. I am finding a lot of RFSC flavors that work great as compliments at low %. I think when they first released we were all mixing them too high or expecting them to be great single flavors. I like there base flavors not the banana cream pie type one shots they have.

4 Likes

People’s taste buds are fascinating. Idk if I’m seeing a pattern here. I have a friend who will try any brand but is a diehard INW fan. However, when she tried SB (SC) (RF) she made it her #1 SB. HIC is FA all the way and SmokyBlue is Flavorah. She says she doesn’t know why but it works for her. Me? I’m still testing…:roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Funny, I was just getting ready to give the 2 week update and read your post!

I finished a tank of the 2% VIC RFSC sft just now and it is smooth. Medium bodied Cream with a nice warm Vanilla note. I need to test it again with my evening tastebuds, mornings are a little iffy on catching nuances for me, having coffee in the routine and needing to get the engines running. But, it’s very nice and satisfying. I haven’t tested the lower %s yet.

Edit: @fidalgo_vapes, it seems like it is really good, but if you have a great VIC already, might just hold off on this one until the whim (or a great sale!) brings it to you.

This is a case of my newb mistakes coming home to roost. Whatever I was mixing this with was probably way overblown and I incorrectly blamed the VIC. At 2 years experience, I’m still a newb in many ways. I’m getting less lazy about sft’s now, though, and need to revisit more of the flavors I think I know. I’m really glad i don’t have 400 flavors!

10 Likes

It does just work for me, saves on shipping, I buy direct so everything is always in stock, and I just can not beat the taste flv has. I know where I like each flavor and with all this, and I save on shipping as I don’t have to go thru all of the re-sellers to find certain flavors. It’s just a huge win for me :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: I did not have my coffee this morning… was running on fumes :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Thanks for the notes :+1:

I have a 120ml bottle of the VG version (Gremlin closeout special) along with 30ml of the SC VIC so my cheap ass is gonna find a way to use it. I do enjoy the recipe I made with it and can really taste the VIC. Gotta use it more as it is enjoyable for sure. Since I got a lot of the RF VG flavors during that Gremlin closeout I am finding they work out better as well as accents at low percentages. Still higher than RFSC but if I use the SC at .5% then I will use the VG version at 1.5% for similar results.

@anon84779643 nothing wrong with that, who doesn’t want to make there life easier? I personally can’t do that as I have favorites from most flavor mfgs out there, wouldn’t be satisfied to keep with just one brand. I definitely have my FLV favorites, milk and honey, sweet coconut, vanilla pudding…etc. They do make some flavors that taste nothing like the name such as Toffee and a couple others that are head scratchers regardless of percentage used or 1 drop per 30ml. Just as long as we are not smoking though, that’s what is important.

10 Likes

I never was fond of the other manufactures and in fact questioned a few newer manufactures…
guess I am just super picky… :wink:

6 Likes

Yeah, I am super picky as well so will buy as many different flavors and settle on what works best for me. Sometimes it might be 2 or 3 favorites for different flavor profiles, say a Pineapple for authenticity, another for candy and maybe a 3rd which might work better in a pina colada or something.

Different strokes for different folks though, you do you Smoky :+1:

12 Likes

I have no certain brand I can really, put a shameless plug on (not unless they got some big bundles of cash, witch ain’t gona happen), I love them all, except CAP, I about puked all over my screen when DIYORDIE waynewalker announced the CAP was the best flavor company out there… I think he is bought and paid for, and full of shit…

8 Likes

Thx for your honesty, Mix and Hope. Being newer to this than most of you I sometimes have to rely on what I can find out there. I have learned some handy mixing tips from Wayne but mostly about technique and organization, not so much flavors. I heard his claim about CAP and it surprised me. Although I think he tried to purge himself by saying it was because they have the largest collection to choose from and are readily available :unamused: Personally, I didn’t bother to check his claims. I’ll figure out for myself what tastes good. I’d also be hesitant to make claims in front of a large audience about what the best ever top 10 flavors are. Even if it is based on a certain criteria. I would imagine he runs out of topics and ideas to present from time to time.

6 Likes

Hey @anon84779643 My PG came a day early. Woot!

Now I have to start all over again. Argh!

5 Likes

Party time at your house… :slight_smile: :partying_face: haha!!
Oh my let the fun begin!! I can not wait… bouncing over here… but have to head to the PO… had a few recipe requests I am sending out! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I will be mixing on your enthusiasm. I could easily procrastinate without your encouragement.

6 Likes

I need to release my H’s white gold recipe soon…
that one, oh my gosh is a dream!! Just a final check :smiley:

5 Likes

My name is eStorm and I am a Vanilla Junkie.

There’s not one application I personally could think off, where vanilla won’t be a good idea. It enhances everything not only in vaping, and it’s so versatile and not just a bakery ingredient.

Therefore it shouldn’t be a surprise that I throw it in all my juices, depending what I am aiming for, I’ll pick a specific vanilla to compliment whatever I am going for.

I don’t layer all of them, but if I want a “in your face” vanilla, for example let’s say vanilla ice cream with the ice cream being the main/primary flavor and not just a secondary or accent, then I’ll have to layer two, three and sometimes even four different vanillas.

I make sure that I use vanilla that is a top note, middle note and back note in these cases and not stack 10 high top note vanilla on top of each other, and hope it works out lol.

There’s also plenty of bakeries, creams, fruits that have vanilla in them, without the name it even indicating, those flavors are great as “fillers” or a light accent (mostly at very low percent) without having to grab a “real” vanilla.

My favorites just to name a few and I have them always in stock are:

(WF) vanilla cream extra
(WF) Tahitian vanilla
(WF) vanilla ruyan custard
(TFA) Vanilla Deluxe
(TFA) Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
(TFA) Vanilla Bean Gelato
(Flv) Vanilla Bean
(Flv) Smooth Vanilla
(Flv) Vanilla Pudding
(Inw) Shisha Vanilla
(Inw) Vanilla Cream
(LB) Vanilla Ice Cream
(Cap) Sugar Cookie V2
(FA) Vanilla Bourbon
(FA) Vanilla Ice Cream/Gelato
(FA) Vanilla Tahity

There’s like tons of other good ones, but yes these I have always in stock and use the most. And yes some are not just “pure/plain” vanilla as explained above.

You can take any of these as low or high you want, without getting even getting a off note, that imo makes them even better. I do would recommend not taking the flavorah ones all the way up, even so you could, but it will be very overwhelming because they are extremely potent in comparison to the other ones! but if you wanted some vanilla right in your face, that’s your chance lol.

I personally never was a fan of holy vanilla. I liked their holy grail tho, but now that it’s reformulated, I won’t repurchase it. Plenty of other vanilla out there, that no matter how you use them, will be a great addition. So not sad about holy vanilla lol.

Find one you like I would say and try them out in some recipes, or replace them with your current ones, take an up higher/lower and see how they work for you.

12 Likes