What books do you like to read?

True but that won’t stop me! No matter what they say I gotta watch em!

5 Likes

7 Likes

Same here, always watch SK movies, series etc.
There are some good ones!!
Most of the time I like the books more tho :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Lately, been reading a bunch of different things:

Science Fiction:
Warhammer 40K Dark Angels Omnibus 1 and 2.
Warhammer 40K Space wolves Omnibus 1 and 2.
Warhammer 40K Blood Angels Omnibus 1 and 2.
Warhammer 40K Ultramarines Omnibus 1 and 2.
Warhammer 40K Soul Drinkers Omnibus 1 and waiting for 2 to come down to a good price.

Fantasy:
Terry Goodkind; Sword of Truth novels all of them.
Ursala K leGuin, Wisard of Earthsea novels all of them.

Non-fiction:
Dave Cantebury’s Bushcraft 101, Bushcraft Cooking, and Plant guide. I love these for decent knowledge.

Fiction/Non-fiction:
Max Brooks World War Z. A great book to listen to as well.

7 Likes

The Mist.
That story really creeped me out, not sure I want to see it :sweat_smile:

Read all of those too :+1:

I had to look around a bit to make sure it was @Lostmarbles who recommended The Passage trilogy by Justin Cronin.
Indeed it was.

I read the first two, started on 3 and had a bit of a break. Too busy.
I picked it up again a few days ago.

Now when I started reading them, there was no corona. The situation has changed, it’s a bit weird. I still think I prefer corona over that one.

7 Likes

Whatever you do, Do NOT read The Hot Zone by Richard Preston. Non-fiction that will keep you up nights.

7 Likes

Well written book, though @Lostmarbles. I reread that a few months ago… Chills, man.

5 Likes

An excellent book. Very eye-opening as I didn’t know all of that actually happened. There was a mini-series made, unlike “Outbreak” which was very loosely based on it, but I haven’t seen it.

4 Likes

Now you’ve done it. Do NOT tell me what NOT to do because then I WILL :grin:

8 Likes

Pretty much any humor writer… However, my all time favorite is David Sedaris. :smile: I can re-read any of his books and never get tired of them. Fortunately, he writes for the New Yorker on occasion, so I get my dose of David in between his book releases. :wink:

Laughter is truly the best medicine! :laughing:

9 Likes

This I know :wink:

3 Likes

I’m going to have to check him out.
Every read Christopher Moore? Haven’t ready anything from the past few years, but his older stuff is just gold. “Lamb” is one of the funniest books I’ve ever read, but many find the subject matter to be wrong.

4 Likes

I’m trying to finish the Jeff Vandermeer series - I read “Annihilation” and “Authority” and I am about halfway through “Acceptance”. Weird series. So far I liked the first one best :stuck_out_tongue:

I am also reading “Moonwalking With Einstein” by Joshua Foer - pretty cool so far.

Also I won a copy of Stephen King’s “The Outsider” but it’s in Danish, so I might let my kids read that and order the English one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just sent Christopher Moore’s “Lamb” to my kindle along with David Sedaris’ “Let’s Explore Diabetes With Owls”, as I could use a bit of humor - it’s been a while since I read a funny book :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

To answer your question… No. However, I’m still discovering new writers every day… as everyone should. :grinning: Thanks for the heads up!

3 Likes

If it’s anywhere close to Monty Pythons “Life of Brian”… I’ll put you in my Last Will & Testament. :laughing:

4 Likes

READ IT!!!
Some books will make you giggle internally. This one will have other people telling you to shut up.

4 Likes

So today I got to the end of book 3 from the passage trilogy by Justin Cronin.
It was pretty weird, first two books I read before the pandemic, the last one during.
The eeriest thing was that the vampire virus in the book was transmitted to Humans by Bats :scream:

I’m now waiting for the day Corona victims turn into vampires. :vampire:

9 Likes

Vampires, zombies, werewolves…it’ll be total anarchy

6 Likes

Still waiting for the new King book, Amazon been SLOW lately, says arriving today but not shipped yet!

5 Likes

I’m in the process of re-reading the Pendergast series by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.

A combination mystery, slightly paranormal, procedural police/FBI drama action series.

Very interesting if it’s your thing(s) lol

7 Likes