What day is today?

I just took this pic. Not bad for all organic 5gallon fabric pots!

13 Likes

Seed mail!

7eastgenetics.

11 Likes

Organics!

15 Likes

Apparently it’s “We know” day …

8 Likes

16 Likes

Today is the day I got myself a new house to move to. I’m going from a small, dank garden in a corner to this.

This is brilliant, garden on the south side.
This lady is going to plant some seeds this spring. Incidently, Zaaiersweg translates into sowers road and I’m gonna sow me some weed.
Once the house is done and I’m getting my hands on that garden, most of the tiles are going to disappear. Fruit, veggies and grass, the kind you don’t walk on. :yum:

15 Likes

I’m so glad you got that house!
I’ve been stalking you here today to see if you had confirmation yet :grin:

9 Likes

@Josephine_van_Rijn I can’t wait to see what you do with the garden !!!

11 Likes

Congratulations on your new home @Josephine_van_Rijn, I wish you all the happiness for the future.

11 Likes

Thank you! I’m extremely happy already and I’m not even living there yet.
I’ve been eyeing these kind of houses for a long time. Fat chance of getting one in the city.
Then I got this fat chance… :grin:

12 Likes

Thanks girl, me too! It’s nothing like Australian properties, I would love that, get myself a couple of horses.
For a house in the city of a small country it is heaven.
I might get some chickens, or maybe I get one of those outdoor cages and get some guinea pigs.
I like their whistling. I’ve got birds already so it would be a nice addition. I can’t wait to go.
It will probably either be on the 21th or the 28th, depending on when the floor is laid.
Patience is not my strong suite. Time will pass! :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Hey congrats to you and best of luck! :smile:

7 Likes

Of October? That’s stuff all - you’ll be there in no time!!

3 Likes

I know, but I’ve been on the renovation list since 2009, sitting in limbo. I just want to go now.
Everything is ready to go, just waiting for the floor. I have to bring the papers over today.
I’ll ask if I can sign the contract straight away, before we make an appointment to look inside the house.
I’m not gonna say no! As soon as the contract is signed, I get the money to move with in my account, walk to the shop and order the floor.
If I could do that today, I’m certainly gone the 21th. :partying_face:
This whole situation is weird btw. Not only was I told I was getting the house on the same day that I got my dog five years ago.
My very best friend used to live on number 111 and if the silly cow hadn’t killed herself, it would have been her birthday today.

4 Likes

Oh, that makes sense, that’s a long time.
I’d be signing quick-smart too!

4 Likes

I handed over the required papers this afternoon. No signing of a contract today. It goes through a different department.
They will probably mail it. Tomorrow morning at 11 I’m going to the house to check everything inside.
That is to say, if the key is where it’s supposed to be.
It occurred to me this afternoon that it doesn’t matter if I can’t move in for a few weeks.
After signing the contract I will get the key. I can walk over with the dog and do some painting and start on the garden.
I didn’t even think about that in all the excitement. :woman_facepalming:
I definitely want that garden done when spring comes so I can plant.
The weather is glorious for the time of year so I will take advantage of that.

9 Likes

Seems you have some time to get the basics how you want them. Better than painting with boxes & furniture everywhere.

6 Likes

Very interesting @dianaadr… Let’s hear more about it?!

8 Likes

Shrinkage is real!

12 Likes

7 Likes