What day is today?

Aw, that was my first legal cocktail. My dad took me out for my birthday and ordered it for me. It was delicious!

4 Likes

JOB is where it’s at :joy:

3 Likes

Today is harvest day! Exciting, but a touch of sadness. Gave this thing a lot of TLC. It’s going to be like dismembering a buddy…lol.

But I’m sure I’ll get over it. :wink:

8 Likes

Don’t cry dear! You will get a lot of THC in return.

9 Likes

A little bit of both I think :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Just have a smokey eulogy, and remember all the good times.

4 Likes

Take pics!!

4 Likes

Indeed, @D.Sims needed to see the harvest of young growth.

Do they need to wear schoolgirl costumes?

5 Likes

I never thought I’d utter these words…

Too much weed.

Just kidding, but the bud trimming process is a very long, and very tedious task.

Now you tell me! 4 hours into it, and maybe half done. I’ll see what I can come up with lol.

11 Likes

Lol gardening is work for sure. One of the most important processes is manicuring and curing.

If you dry it too fast you’ll lock in the green taste. It takes 10-15 days for the chlorophyll to stop any of its activity.

9 Likes

The finish line is in sight! Man, this is some tedious snip snip snipping!

11 Likes

Pardon the delayed reply. Things were a bit sticky around here (as you’re well aware)!

Took 17 hours to trim. It’s a fine line between being meticulous, and going insane…lol. I erred on the side of meticulous vs sloppy. I was planning on another 4 to 5 weeks for drying and curing. Sure, there’s excitement to see how it turns out, but I’m in no hurry.

Like mixing for vaping, I know patience is the essential ingredient to success. The buds are ‘steeping’!

8 Likes

That’s an impressive anomalous plant which magically appeared in a rather specific growing location.

Well done on such incredible luck.

6 Likes

Thank you! It was great fun! It had been 35 years since my last attempt. Things have changed since then.

One thing stayed the same. In that grow 35 years ago, my oldest daughter who was 3 yrs old at the time, wandered downstairs to see what dad was doing. I was watering the plants, and doing some crop maintenance. She surprised me.

What are you doing, daddy?

Umm…errr… watering Mom’s tomatoes. We want them to be ready, to plant them in the garden. So, she helped me water the plants.

Fast forward 35 years. While we were on vacation, recently, she was elected to baby sit the plant. Giving it water & nutrients a few times, that week.

When we got back, she said she felt part of her life had come full circle, since the watering the tomatoes days. We had a good laugh.

She’s a good scout!

11 Likes

A fine tale.

With my own monster I addressed it with it being a complex plant which I’ll tell you about in 12 years.

She’s very comfortable with my lessons and understands that some things are out of bounds. Though I do train her on responses if a boyfriend does something dodgy. Escaping liability from him resting his balls in vodka being a lesson which Mrs. Squirrel was eager to learn about after.

6 Likes

Gosh that’s a lot of time trimming. Way more than I take. Usually it’s about an hour a plant if indoor plants. Out doors when they are huge a day a plant lol

One indoor plant per hanger usually about 4oz fit a hanger

10 Likes

Yeah, it took longer than I thought it would. First time trimming. The last time I grew, dry it as is, roll it up and go…lol. I was just too nit picky in the beginning. Got better as I went along.

Also decided I was spending way too much time on the little popcorn buds. More & more began finding their way to the trash bag. Next time I’ll know what to spend time on, and what not to.

5 Likes

I do hope you kept the contents of that trash bag. You can make some nice butter with it and make some cake. Stems and other debris are also very suitable. Still very sticky with THC.
It’s a shame to waste!

5 Likes

I hate to say it brother but looking at your white hairs your plant was no where near ripe.

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing actually.

3 Likes