What do you really hate? (II)

That DOES suck @anon70102222.

3 Likes

The lawn survives a genocide for a few more days…

4 Likes

Hehe, lucky lucky lawn !!!

3 Likes

If your lawn was killing itself, why bother mowing? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

It’s my mower that commits the rampage, at least from the lawn’s perspective.

5 Likes

Having to shop for a new battery charger. My LUC V4 lasted for a little over three years, but I’d read that the quality had gone down with the newer version so I splurged on the Opus. It’s on the way out after only a year. Poop. POOPY poop.

Anyone care to make a recommendation? I had Nitecore chargers in the past and hated them. Ran too hot and took way too long to perform a full charge, hence the LUC. Any other ideas?

3 Likes

My first Efest LUC V2 has been charging a 18650 battery (or sometimes two) daily for almost one year (usually just one at a time @500 mAH rate, sometimes two at once at a @500 mAH rate flowing through each battery). I picked up a 2nd (spare) Efest LUC V2 for the future - but have not had cause to deploy it yet. I leave mine powered-up continuously (possibly easier on the circuitry to stay at a constant temp).

I read a fair number of (negative) scary Nitecore reviews (involving overheating, fires, etc). On the other hand, a (mutual) friend reports having used a Nitecore model for several years without issue. I originally bought the Efest LUC V2 because I could not find one single incidence of such a (negative) “scary” review about (that particular) model. Did not explore the Efest LUC V4 (thus did not check reviews).

4 Likes

What happened to the opus? Mine still work fine after 2 year or so.

2 Likes

The fan starred giving out, so I bought a replacement and swapped out the bad fan. Now it seems like the batteries don’t get a full charge, even when the charger lists the cells as full. I don’t know if they’re at full, since I can’t find my damn multimeter… moving makes for a fun time of “Where the hell did THAT GO!!!”

EDIT: the cells are only three months old. Eight pairs, all purchased from a reputable company(illumn.com) so unless I got all bad cells I’m thinking it’s the charger

2 Likes

@paingawd, @delltrapp that was the failure on my 1st one, maybe 2 years old, can’t remember. Bought 2 fans, haven’t used them, picked up 2nd Opus, and it’s been flawless.

I’m thinking that I probably just got a bad unit. I really like the additional functions on the opus over the luc. Might just try again and see if I can get a better one.

2 Likes

And that’s what keeps me coming back. 2 years isn’t bad, as I kept it loaded almost daily, it had a hard life. 18650’s up to my 21700’s it did so, with no complaint.

2 Likes

I’ve had my two Nitecore i4’s in nearly daily service for 4.5 years with no issue. I added an external fan that is on whenever they are on. Keeps everything at room temp at all times. I wonder if that’s a reason they’ve been trouble free. Or luck.

2 Likes

1 Like

It’s this thing. Sits across the top of both and blows right down on them.

CAMTOP USB Desk Fan with 2 Adjustable Speed 5 inch Small Quiet Personal Table Fan for Office and Bedroom(Transparent) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XY5C7V6/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_BeTREb3AP3VG0

2 Likes

A little from column A, a little from column B…?

2 Likes

Probably so. I’ll take luck; I rarely get any, besides bad. Anyway, if anyone cares this is how I cool the setup.

3 Likes

Maybe,but I use older setups thou…i still have kanger bcc mini tanks & MTL RTA’s

2 Likes

Hate it when I’m cleaning wire to wrap coils and it springs back into my fingers! It’s adding insult to injury as I wracked the hell outta my hand on Friday while taking the E-ticket ride off of a ladder.

Friggin OW!

5 Likes

Been awhile since I heard that one.
Be careful and take care of yourself!

4 Likes