What do you really hate? (II)

A wonder cure for covid 19.

4 Likes

I hate hatred

6 Likes

Thank you again @muth. Very kind of you. No leaking, BUT, no rain since “suck day”. Already contacted insurance co., and one of their large project teams, and my tree guy is at least getting the tree off the house, 1.5 days thus far. Gotta tarp up before the next big rain coming, so here’s to fingers crossed, I can plug the holes first.

9 Likes

Sucks to hear it SD. I’d say ‘at least it wasn’t in the winter’, but there’s really no good time for something like that to happen. Keep us posted.

8 Likes

Been there, done that lol. I pulled the barrel off a dripper to juice it up while in the middle of a conversation. My next vape left two coil burns on my lips. I hated that.

9 Likes

What will you use?

5 Likes

Well I may NOT be doing it, depends if the Ins. Co.'s approved guy shows up, but I had planned to get a big tarp, nail it over the ridge, and lay over entire portion of roof, with hangoff to protect the drip edge. He’s calling me back.

8 Likes

Good luck with that. Trees on roofs suck man. My mom was living in a trailer while building their house, and a tree bigger than yours there fell right on the living room/kitchen area. The upper cabinets were touching the countertop, and a 10" diameter limb stabbed through the roof, through the couch, and on through the floor. Crushed the trailer like a pop can. Fortunately they weren’t home, but it was two months before they could move into the house.

10 Likes

Thank you @LordVapor.

I hate getting follow up storms, right after the previous storms. Not sure if there were any nados, but straight line winds, have re-wrecked the top of the state.

https://www.delawareonline.com/picture-gallery/news/2020/08/08/path-and-aftermath-delaware-tornado/3325818001/

https://www.delawareonline.com/videos/news/2020/08/07/bear-couples-home-destroyed-after-tornado-rips-roof-off-house/3322701001/

6 Likes

Hope everything’s alright

6 Likes

Thank you @St3v0.

6 Likes

Summer in the Coachella Valley. 120F today. Sucks man, just sucks.

8 Likes

Ugh! I know. I have friends in SoCal and they’ve been telling me.

6 Likes

Along with everything else that’s going on, my company was ransom hacked last week for 2 million dollars.

5 Likes

Still waiting for your check to clear! :wink:

Nah, kiddin’ of course. That sucks. Hope you got out of it OK.

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer, that sucks big time mate. Hope the insurance people don’t stuff you around. That happens here a lot. At least you and yours are safe and were not hurt.

5 Likes

Place I worked for recently had the same sort of thing, not as much ransom though.

I was working there for 2 years as a casual cheesemaker, wanted to go permanent as others were offered, didn’t happen.

When they got hacked they asked if I could fix it for them, still no offer and nothing extra for doing it. I laughed and quit 2 days later…

I really hate a’holes!

11 Likes

Well, the irony of it is that our company is barely in business because of the nature of our service (special needs students and adults transportation). Don’t know how the owners are handling it but if it were me I wouldn’t pay 2 million dollars to get my company up and running when we have no business to begin with. Right now they’re operating by phone. Most of us are on UI.

8 Likes

Thanks a lot @Ianc13.

5 Likes

Good grief! You guys okay? My friend in LA had to leave his home after hurricane Laura. He’s back but no power. I remember as a child in Florida, one hurricane per season was a big deal. Now it’s one after the other.

5 Likes