What do you really hate? (II)

Snow is really pretty and I enjoy seeing snow fall. Just don’t like the mess it creates :rofl:

8 Likes

You are a good neighbor and hope you are appreciated. For about 7 years, I lived next to an elderly couple and always shoveled the sidewalk in front of their home when doing ours. Just seemed like the right thing to do.

7 Likes

Me too, we haven’t had snow in years. My dog has never seen it.

Talking about the dog, we had to turn back this morning when we went to the park for our daily frolic.

No snow but slippery like f%ck :flushed:
I hate having my daily routine disrupted.

We have to wait now til the temperature goes up and the ice disappears.

I haven’t seen any of those cars driving around to spread that shit over the roads to make them safe.

It’s a lockdown right? They’ve closed the schools to force the parents to work from home, so they will only be too happy when the weather prevents people from going out at all to get some fresh air. :nauseated_face:

7 Likes

Looks like we are finally getting some snow in Denver later this week. Woo Hoo !! I had a retired racing Grayhound that loved playing in the snow. He thought it was cool to run fast down a snow covered hill and then “stop” and continue to slide.

6 Likes

FRIGID weather.
Cold, I like.

But this is bullshit!

And that’s a high of 11°F

6 Likes

We are getting frost. Icy roads so I did a shitload of shopping today.
Which is something I hate too btw.

I have to see how that goes with taking the dog out to the park.
I bought some gadget years ago to put under my shoes with spikes for better grip.
See if I can still dig them out of the mess somewhere.
Cleaning up, another thing I hate.

6 Likes

Found it :grin:

8 Likes

Those readings are typical of my winter here in New Zealand - except they are in celcius!

5 Likes

True, but 0°C = 32°F if I recall correctly…
(so it’s still colder than y’all! =P lol)

Too friggin’ cold!

6 Likes

Yup, we don’t suffer the frigid temps where I live. Winter generally 38f overnight and up to around 58f during the day. No snow, but get a few frosts

4 Likes

Not trying to ba an asshole but…
It’s going to be 77F here tomorrow. :sunny: People are still wearing shorts and flip-flops over here.

Best thoughts to all family members out in the midwest, east coast and anywhere else in the world that’s getting hammered by the weather. Stay safe y’all.

4 Likes

I wear shorts in the 40’s…
Flip-flops I’d not wear as a matter of principle lol, but if I did, I’d probably stop around the 50° mark (I like warm feet :stuck_out_tongue: chuckles)

Indeed! And TY!
So far, power’s been good in our area.
Praying it stays that way.

6 Likes

Ahhhhh, why not…
Tomorrow is going to be 41 here.
Celsius
About 105.8 F for you guys! :grin:

7 Likes

10f here now, morning. it was -8f the other day. i would move south if i could.

6 Likes

Tell me about it. I hate those things. Always slapping at the feet…argh! Not a fan of shorts either for that matter, but far less annoying

5 Likes

-8 celsius tonight. It hasn’t been this cold in years :cold_face:

6 Likes

We’re pretty blessed in the mountains for … summers at least and this summer has been nice and mild - only a handful of 30+ days with the average ~20-25°C most the time.

Winters though: we get snow and the wind chill coming from Mount Victoria is just fuckin ridiculously cold.

So cold, even the two duck down jackets worn on top of each other don’t stop the wind blowing away your body heat constantly, then you sweat like a pig anytime you step indoors.

It wasn’t until I moved here 5 years ago that I got to love merino so much and winter here will see me wearing two complete layers of macpac thermals under whatever clothes: two leggings, two tops, two pairs of socks and… well no only one underwear but I even wear merino boxers, then the warmest wool or synthetic layers over those.

6 Likes

And that’s why I live where I do… give me heat and a mild winter anytime over snow. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

i thought australia didn’t have snow/cold winters ?

4 Likes

Most of Australia is either temperate or hot with pretty mild winters.

Katoomba’s 3,000 feet up though and 4 hours inland from the coast/Sydney, so we get pretty nasty winters.

3 Likes