What do you really hate? (II)

Easy: they own everything.

5 Likes

Mastercard issue at Chefs is solved now! I already made an order. But thereā€™s moreā€¦ :grinning:

Use code MASTERCARD20 for 20% discount

(not sure if itā€™s account specific; i think they created it while talking to them; if not working then just ask if MC issue is solved already; code probably wonā€™t last long)

7 Likes

Fixed it for you. :wink:

5 Likes

Ta for that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up @Mikser. Yeah, all good now and order just placed. Unfortunately the code didnā€™t work BUT the postage came down by 3 quid (not sure why) so canā€™t complain. My faith has been restored :smiley:. Cheers.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s what i thought; i didnā€™t even ask for a discount, i just asked if that MC issue is solved so i can make an order and they were so nice to offer the code by themselves (so if someone else is making an order, you can try it since thereā€™s nothing to lose). Youā€™re right, the postage is much lower now and it finally allows making small orders which is great.

Note. if they donā€™t offer you this 20% code, then you can still use their ordinary 10% code TheKitchen

5 Likes

Chefā€™s web site is a pita to use.

3 Likes

I agree, but theyā€™re one of the best companies to deal with re customer service, they have the best overall prices in Europe and no other company in the EU has the selection they do.

6 Likes

Is Chefā€™s listed as a vape shop? I ask because flavor concentrates should not be considered a vape product in the overall scheme of things. Itā€™s a food and beverage product.

3 Likes

This is off the vape topics but something I really hate.

I feel the need to post information about the Gray Wolf slaughter in Wisconsin. An environmental biologist was interviewed on the radio yesterday. He explained that the canine operates in pacts that depend on an alpha male or female. When a pact is intact it can successfully hunt down its prey. When a pact is disrupted by the killing of its important members it breaks down, sometimes disbands into smaller groups and struggles to hunt its natural prey. Thatā€™s when a broken pact of wolves will go after easy prey such as cattle and other domesticated farm animals. They are hungry and desperate.

This is the backwards irony of slaughtering wolves to save the humans domesticated animals. Iā€™ve had it up to here with human stupidity and their complete lack of connection to nature. Nature has had its own checks and balances since time beginning. Then we stepped in and screwed it all up.

7 Likes

I have a personal story to add to my above post. When I moved into my neighborhood there was a ā€œgrandfathered inā€ Gray Wolf living across the street. Most people thought he was a Siberian Husky. He was already an old man when I met him but he developed a crush on my small dog (Terrier/Basset Hound). He would come calling for her in the middle of the night with his beautiful, haunting howl. Heā€™s gone now but when he was here we had no problems with coyotes snatching our pets.

8 Likes

Human progress is the process of getting nature out of the way. It sucks but living in caves sucks even more.

5 Likes

It doesnā€™t have to be that extreme, lol.

4 Likes

If it comes down to a choice between a wolf living in my house or me, Iā€™m taking me every timeā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes
4 Likes

As per my post above, Iā€™d take living with Chanook (the neighborhood wolf) any day. He protected everyone he befriended and kept the coyotes at bay. Since he passed away neighbors pets have disappeared. We have a bad coyote situation here.

6 Likes

Progress has an answer for those coyotes.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fthegunzone.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F03%2Fbest-coyote-gun.png&f=1&nofb=1

3 Likes

Iā€™d share my neighborhood with a friendly wolf any day. Maybe even a meal.

5 Likes

Right, nothing like having a wolf on your side :rofl: All the Pitbulls and Rottweilers skedaddled when he decided to take a walk around the block.

4 Likes

Though I would never want to lose my pet to a coyote I have to give due respect to a wild animal who is trying to survive in an encroached territory by humans. I handle it by keeping an eye on my pets, unlike some of my dumbass neighbors. If weā€™re smart weā€™ll leave the growing turkey population to the coyotes.

5 Likes