What do you really hate? (II)

Very true words and my sentiments exactly.

I’m a few years younger than he was and I’ve come to the conclusion that if I can retire and see my kids happy and well on their own feet I’d consider myself very lucky.
I’d like to live longer but quality of life is also important to me.

We’re supposed to be living longer these days (before Covid anyway) so I suppose there’s hope.
Unless our government moves the goalposts again and increases the retirement age.
Taxed while you live and they hope you drop off the perch soon after. And to rub salt in they tax you when you’re dead too.

8 Likes

That parts of California have turned into this. Ever wonder where your missing vape mail might have gone ? Maybe it’s in LA.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/LincolnHeights

Snap 2022-01-14 at 20.24.57
Snap 2022-01-14 at 20.24.31
Snap 2022-01-14 at 20.23.54
Snap 2022-01-14 at 20.23.36
Snap 2022-01-14 at 20.23.14

4 Likes
1 Like

This is not a “hate” but just a sense of loss. I learned early this morning that my main spiritual mentor, Thich Nhat Hanh died. Not unexpected at 95 years old, but his teachings and books put me on the path I am on today. Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by Martin Luther King Jr, but they didn’t give out a Peace Prize that year. He is one of the few people I’ve met who could change a room just be walking in, before any words were spoken. Mindfulness is now a commonplace term in so many areas of life, but he was a true mindfulness master. And was very engaged (peacefully) in a variety of causes during his lifetime, including the Viet Nam war, rebuilding bombed villages and rescuing boat people. He will live on in the memory of many, including many who are not Buddhists.

13 Likes

Very understood…

Rare, but not extinct.

2 Likes

The past is gone, the future is not yet here, and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with life.
THICH NHAT HANH

8 Likes

THIS:

What the ever-loving hell has gotten into people!!! This whole spate of banning whatever makes certain people uncomfortable is really scaring the hell outta me…

8 Likes

You and me both, brother. It’s scary to think how fast this and other madness’ have taken root. I wake up and wonder if I’m in a parallel universe where every day is opposite day.

6 Likes

Couldn’t agree more bud.
The whole PC/sensitivity bit has gotten WAY out of hand.

Shit like this is partly what led to book-burning etc. :nauseated_face:

7 Likes

13 Likes

We are turning an entire generation into coddled and weak adults. Just yesterday, I read that they’re making the SAT easier because it was too stressful for students. Life is stressful and we are removing the opportunities for our children to experience and learn how to deal with the world.

The world has many hard people. If we keep on this path, this country is in trouble.

9 Likes

Outstanding @dardy, I’ve got to share that one.

2 Likes

I hate that I wasn’t able to say good but to the big guy. Big Purrs lost his battle with diabetes yesterday.

11 Likes

Very sorry for your loss. :candle:

7 Likes

So very sorry @stankhammer

5 Likes

Sad to hear that. Our pets become true family members :pray:

7 Likes

Agreed, family members indeed. Sorry to hear that.

6 Likes

Hard times create strong men.
Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men.
And, weak men create hard times.

G. MICHAEL HOPF, “Those Who Remain”

7 Likes

@Stankhammer So sorry to hear about the death of one of your family members. Big Purr looks like you gave him a great home. We don’t often think about diabetes in our pets, but it happens. I used to dog sit for a friend of mine and one of her dogs lost his vision (and eyes) because of diabetes. He handled his insulin shots like a trooper. But it eventually was his cause of death. My heart goes out to you and your family. Grieve fully and keep the wonderful memories.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone. Sir Purrs a lot. Or Big Purrs was one of three kittens that where found at the cottage with no mother to be found. We kept all three. Miss Bobby and Lady Lucy where his siblings. Lady Lucy is still holding it down.

8 Likes