What do you really hate? (II)

Well that’s probably the BEST THREE POSTS IN A ROW, that I’ve ever seen @Ianc13, @paingawd, and @Lostmarbles.

6 Likes

Not really a hate, but we had a bit of snow in Denver. When it happens this late in May, there is always a lot of damaged trees. Driving around today I saw so many trees with fallen branches (some of them 6-8" diameter). About 20 years ago it happened in late April and there were more than 1 million trees damaged in metro-Denver. Not sure what it will be this year, but it is a mess. Also knocked out some power lines and though we never lost power, we were without internet for about 6 hours today.

6 Likes

Water issues!!
Every place the missus and I have lived has had some sort of major leak. First apartment? Tub upstairs blew out the ceiling three times before the cheap bastards replaced the damn drain. First rental home got 1/2 of the roof replaced(Who the almighty hell only replaces half a roof???) and SURPRISE!!! Rains came and had a waterfall out of the fuse box. Previous Paradise house decided to puke raw sewage from the shower drain on the day of my wedding. Figured with the Camp Fire that our bad water ju-ju was over, but…

When we had our solar energy system installed two years ago, apparently one of the crew ran his drill into the P-trap for our washing machine. Ever see what a two-year long water leak does to OSB? Bloody hell…

6 Likes

Man @paingawd, I can tell by your details, you do know the bad water ju-ju.

3 Likes

could’ve sworn I had read an article saying that Brazil was not going to be apart of the WHO treaty, so this is kinda interesting.

4 Likes

My lease is up on my place, I can’t sign for month to month on my place because I’m disabled and my mother can’t co-sign because she had to retire early… Not sure where I’m going to live because Disability doesn’t help people out, they have to move on my dime. So for 1200 dollars rent and 3-400 bills with the 1600 I get at the EOM, I gotta figure out how to get into a new place.

4 Likes

That sucks , if you have already fulfilled yiur lease with No issues why wont they just sign yoi to another year without co signer ??

3 Likes

Yikes, that sucks d00d. I hope you find something and it all works out.

3 Likes

Well, they say because I have no job, despite getting AISH (assure income for the severely handicapped)… Honestly it seems like it’s illegal to be honest, but yeah… Ever since I got this place I’ve been on disability and they’ve required me to have a co-signer.

6 Likes

That stinks Joel. I hope something turns up for you.

4 Likes

That does sound terrible @anon44012888. I had to research the AISH as I was unfamiliar with that Canadian program. Like @fidalgo_vapes said, and I’m sure it doesn’t help, but if you’re getting guaranteed income, and you have a good record of on time rent, I don’t see why they wouldn’t or couldn’t re-up the lease again. Same guy, same income, same risk ?

6 Likes

Joel, so sorry this is happening to you. It sucks to not have a stable place to live. Believe me, I know and feel for you.

3 Likes

Amazon: I had an age check @ 7am and told them that I need a break from 9:30 - 16:30 to teach. I’m still trying to get a manager to understand the issue: 7 managers have joined and 6/7 have failed to try and talk.

1 Like

Fixed, though had to go into teaching mode. I think Tom Baker is the best reflection of my style:

3 Likes

Well the comfort cat case. Why it annoys me is as follows:

1. I struggle with depression and anxiety.
  2. a cat was assigned to an individual to minimise anxiety.
  3. The supermarket refused service as the cat wasn’t a ‘guide dog’: The animal which is exempt from rules surrounding pets.

So, lets break it down. You have a cat and that reduces anxiety. You want to take the cat to a supermarket, which is an anxiety ridden task. But, you think the stress of going to a supermarket will be reduced by the cat. Although, as you are someone who suffers with anxiety, you have already mentally considered that having a cat in a supermarket will probably compound your stress.

The claimant seems to have missed a key detail and a standard aspect of anxiety. Just getting them to explain, in court, what is likely to happen with a cat in a supermarket would unravel the case in minutes.

1 Like

So annoying me, as a rights based case but any rights case needs a law to be the ‘cause’ to start the claim. No law, no logic and trying to use a Gen 4 right alone as a cause when the UK has left the EU.

I was baffled at why this was a story today.

1 Like

Well if the person came to my place of business they would get and answer and an explanation that goes something like this " A support animal and a service animal are 2 different things .

6 Likes

Exactly. And, you need a law to be broken to use a human right in UK law. Refusing a comfort cat breaches no law, so they have no cause to start a claim. I’m confused about why this was on the news at all.

1 Like

Going for a pee in the early hours and having the birds start singing. It made me ponder making a space for nests away from the roof above my bedroom, then a duck decided to join in its full rapey tones.

3 Likes

Having the neighbouring Muslims to shout when chatting. Most know that I am an ex-Methodist preacher trained by Jesuits and Franciscans but I know my Qu’ran and Islamic law: The prophet suggested soft and quiet discussion, mainly as he was worried about his mental health before his wife’s cousin told him that his mad messages could be from an angel. But, you’d be killed for saying that: what the cousin said to him.

1 Like