What do you really hate? (II)

That’s what I dislike about iPhones and Apple in general. They decide what you can and can’t run on your devices. My wife uses an iPhone and a iPad and can’t do half the stuff my Android devices do…

No disrespect intended on your choice @Sevencasper :hugs:

3 Likes

OMG, I know but I still keep buying them :woman_facepalming: it seems easier than trying something new but they hook you in!

None taken, I need a “try before you buy” :grin: but I’ll need it for at least six months to get used to it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

@Sevencasper of course I’d LOVE to tell you it’s a GREAT TIME to buy a NOT iPhone phone, hehe, but obviously that decision is up to you. Personally I always prefer a more OPEN sandbox, as opposed to a closed one. I’m very sorry to hear that.

4 Likes

@Ianc13 my wife TRIED to switch over to Apple a while back, but between having to purchase ALL of her music all over again, to compatibility issues, and lack of the direct ability to run what she had/was been running, it didn’t last long.

4 Likes

BREAK the cycle @Sevencasper !!! Use this as a catalyst…

3 Likes

My wife started on Apple and when she tried to swap to Android it annoyed her too much. Same as what happened to your wife but in reverse. Still, she is not a “power user” so it works for her.

4 Likes

Same Same!
I tried a samsung phone and deleted all my photos by mistake!
So went back to apple.

4 Likes

Well I just might have to… hubby has the same issue with everything being not available on his/my old iphone…
I’ll just have to see what’s out there…

If anyone has any recommendations, I would be very grateful :hugs:

4 Likes

Well you have to (kinda) use, what you’re comfortable with. My (personal) biggest issue with the Apple ecosystem, is it feels like a closed sandbox to me. If you want to go outside, you’re kinda screwed, and possibly like @Sevencasper mentioned above. It’s like the training wheels never come off, even if you WANT them to.

I know that way back in the day, Apple/MAC really had a stranglehold, on the video editing, image editing, page layout market, and rightfully so, as they (and Adobe with a few others) were really all by themsevles, and doing it right. As time marched on however, and things got ported, and opened up, that seemed to run it’s course.

I do use an iPhone and iPad for work, but very often times, have to use a PC / Laptop in conjunction with/to, due to other limitations. I also ironically have a personal iPad Pro, but that was quickly relegated down to watching vids/movies at the pool, and even THAT has come to almost a dead stop, due to overheating issues. Go figure. I tried, but it just didn’t work out that great for me. Maybe better for others, but when I read @Sevencasper’s post above, it kind of activated my PTSD regarding everything Apple, etc.

4 Likes

@Sevencasper well THAT certainly sucks. It’s 0427 here, so TOO early for wise cracks like, “Move back over to Android, and just DON’T delete your photos !!!”. :slight_smile:

I hope they sort out the recent issues for you.

3 Likes

@Sevencasper just like MY personal notes on flavors are GREAT for ME, they may or may NOT be great for you. My rec’s may or may not be the best for you either. What kind of rec’s are you looking for ?

3 Likes

I know the most RECENT reason I just can’t embrace the Apple was a recent issue wherein we (my co-workers and I) were trying to edit/change/make signatures for email clients on the iPad and iPhones. I couldn’t believe it, but about EVERY single tutorial on how to do this all started with …
“Create your signature on a laptop, then copy/paste it into your iPad/iPhone”.

???

4 Likes

:open_mouth: Well that is too early full stop…

Good point - I don’t really know :thinking: I think I’d best go have a looksee what’s actually out there!

^^^^ … & therein lies my problem.

I think they all say that, had to do that for gmail too!

Thanks SD, I will have a look and maybe come back for recommendations with some specifics :+1:
I hope the rest of your day is a good one :hugs: (I’m off to have dinner :grin:)

3 Likes

Who is your plan through @Sevencasper? I got a Samsung A30 a few years ago from Harvey Norman for around $350 which was fine out here reception wise on Telstra. My wife uses a iPhone SE 3 which was around $700 from same place. I now use a Samsung Note 9 as I like the form factor. My wife’s phone is still getting OTA updates without an issue, my Note has just had it’s final update…

4 Likes

I have no plan :upside_down_face: and am free to pick and choose.
Thanks for the info, I’ll start with those and see what else is about and what might suit :hugs:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Good thing I just ordered my Cthulu AIO from Steam Island before that date :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah im hoping to get my muji cotton tomorrow as i wont get it till saturday or monday because the strike. Took me 4 days to get my chefs order lol. I had a discussion about it with the mail carrier and he went into deep detail why they are striking.

3 Likes

I literally had NO CLUE across the pond, that this was going on. What did he say it was about ?

1 Like

The royal mail is not like the usps. Its a a company full of shareholders. So royal mail made £750 million last year and they havent had a proper raise in years. The shareholders took £450million of the profits leaving very little for employees. They want them to start walking the routes and stop using vehicles for the routes to generate more incoming then outgoing. And royal mail has been in discussion to outsource the delivery of packages to another delivery partner. Which in return would cut back on mail carriers hours. And once they do that what prevents them from outsourcing mail deliveries to a cheaper alternative. So they are trying to strike to get more money and show royal mail that they cant survive without the carriers

7 Likes