What do you really hate? (II)

2 Likes

Well reach out, help people out if things start going southā€¦ Good to have a couple jerry cans on hand or if you have a slip tank even better.

4 Likes

The action group Viruswaarheid (virus truth) has stopped yesterday.
Their bank account has been closed, ING! The government has labelled them a terrorists organisation and told the bank to eliminate them financially.

Three court cases against it to no avail. :face_vomiting:
Whoā€™s next?

2 Likes

I wonder if itā€™s true?

3 Likes

I admire your persistence @Joel :+1:

2 Likes

I used to point my finger about 2 inches away from my brother to instigate him to try and hit me, Iā€™d hover it around his face and be like, ā€œIā€™m not touching you, Iā€™m not touchingā€ you.

2 Likes

Phillyā€™s on a roll ā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why itā€™s called ā€˜The City of Brotherly Loveā€™

3 Likes

Itā€™s become a cesspool, or in laymanā€™s terms, a shit hole. No offense to the good people in Philly.

3 Likes

I got a letter today from the energy company. They are going to work on the network on December 12. Between 8 and 4, they think, no electricity.
Depending on what they find :slightly_frowning_face:

Itā€™s going to freeze the night before, so thatā€™ll be fun. We had porous gas pipes in 2015, they came to check in December and did the actual work in July, when it was warm.

This all feels so very deliberate, it is making my blood boil.
Iā€™m going to phone them up on Monday to give them an earful :ear: :facepunch:
Bastards!

3 Likes

Fingers crossed for you @Josephine_van_Rijn.

3 Likes

What I also learned in that letter, is that solar panels do not work during a power out.
Iā€™ve never seen that mentioned in any of the sales pitches for these things.
I thought that one of the benefits was that you would have power :question:

3 Likes

@Josephine_van_Rijn itā€™s for the safety of the lineman ā€¦

Do Solar Panels Work in a Power outage?

In many cases, solar panel installations will not power a home during a power outage.

This is because most solar panel systems installed for residential and commercial uses are grid-tied without energy storage.

Grid-tied solar panel systems work in a two-way relationship with the utility grid. When a grid-tied solar home needs power, it will first use the power being produced by the solar panels. If the solar panels cannot keep up with the power demands, it will pull power from the utility grid.

When the solar panels produce more power than the home can consume, it will send that excess power to the utility grid. This is the two-way relationship we mentioned above.

However, this is where safety becomes a concern. In the event of a power outage, grid-tied solar panel systems must shut down or have some mechanism to isolate themselves from the utility grid.

This process is called anti-islanding, and it is crucial in protecting the lives of utility workers. If solar panels are allowed to keep sending power to the grid during a power outage, this puts lineworkersā€™ lives in danger if they are working on those lines.

For that reason, grid-tied solar panel systems do not produce power during a power outage.

So, how can a solar homeowner or business use their solar panels to power their home during a power outage? The solution is energy storage in the form of battery backup.

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing they donā€™t offer battery backups on the solar installations over your way ?

2 Likes

That was a long story :laughing: Thanks!
It just said in the letter that the inverter from the panels donā€™t work.
Your explanation makes sense, I just never heard about it.

Iā€™ve no idea, I live in a rental house, itā€™s not my job to get these things on the house.
I just have a foldable solar panel with battery :grin: That will work during a power outage. I just canā€™t plug my fire into it.

2 Likes

I hate getting older and my senses declining. I need glasses to read but often donā€™t use them. My hearing was damaged in the Air Force over 40 years ago. The VA has given me top of the line hearing aids, but I donā€™t use them. Also, my attention span has shortened a bit or I donā€™t look at things as closely as I used to. Maybe I have that disease that affects the brain, I canā€™t remember what itā€™s called though.

Anyway, I just got an email regarding my Hiliq shipment due the 7th. I finally noticed the address and itā€™s my old UAE address. I used them a few times while there, however Iā€™ve also received a delivery from them since Iā€™ve returned. I guess I assumed that I made the US address the default but the UAE is still the default. That sucks. I just sent a message explaining it and offered to pay for shipping a new order. So much for saving a few bucks.

5 Likes

Is it going DHL ?

2 Likes

Fedexā€¦probably in Dubai right now.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks my guy, appreciate your laughing emotes, I donā€™t need acceptance but itā€™s nice to know other people are laughing at my posts aside from myself.

5 Likes