What Do You Really Hate? (III)

Glad your ear infection is on the mend. Ear infections can bring anyone to their knees when the pain hits. Keep healing and feeling better.

4 Likes

Well what you have described here is exactly what happened in the video that I posted above without a shadow of a doubt.

3 Likes

https://dailycaller.com/2023/05/13/homeless-vets-displaced-illegal-immigrants-new-york/

7 Likes

I hate that I have to drive a class A RV through PortFUCKINGland Oregon in the next week.

4 Likes

I don’t know if anyone else has had a look at the all new singing and dancing All The Flavors website but to me it looks like a confusing mess and not user friendly at all.
Gone are most of the choices of personal preferences in your account settings like recipe privacy instead making the user go through each and every recipe they have and then choosing wether to make them public or private. Also gone is the way to choose your default nicotine preferences in your settings leading you to more confusion by adding a “formulation” that is separate to the rest of the recipe that you add at the very end and then you can only choose the actual strength of the nicotine like 72mg only if you make a batch. I’ve never really used or liked ATF much in the past unless it was to make a recipe that wasn’t available here on ELR but I won’t be doing that in the future and would rather write it down on paper and copy it here on my beloved ELR, it would probably be a damn site easier and faster too.

6 Likes

Yep, formulations are a PITA. The blue theme looks good, but there’s no option to switch to something lighter. At first, it didn’t have flavor totals, but they brought that back, so they have that going for them, which is nice.

The recipes have not actually been marked public, but a third option “shareable”, which is confusing because the recipe is shown as shared.

And what tf does this error even mean
Screenshot 2023-05-15 07.08.10.png

7 Likes

I haven’t used ATF in a while, but after @Lucas_James_Holden did his pro’s/con’s list, it doesn’t sound good for the re-design.

5 Likes

That happened to me when I was saving someone else’s recipe, how was that my error when all I did was try to save a recipe that was created and shared by someone else as I didn’t change anything to cause it. I just abandoned the whole thing after a while.

4 Likes

Well I didn’t find many pro’s that’s for sure. It’s just a bloody confusing mess in my eyes and it pales in comparison to our good old ELR.

4 Likes

I think that must be a coding error

5 Likes

I agree. Their previous website was far from perfect, but their new one is a perfect… miss.
I bet large large large majority of users would want to have the previous version back. I hope they fix it soon as it was my prime source for inspiration and searching for recipes i’d wish to mix.

7 Likes

5 Likes

I’ve used one mod and one tank (though I did have to replace the glass once) for my ADV for the past 4 years. Last week, during the rainstorm here in Denver it fell out of my jacket pocket while jumping over a fast moving stream on the curb. Water was moving so fast, it just took off down the curb…never to be seen again. Luckily I have replacements for my Eleaf Istick Pico and Kanger Subtank Mini, but it still made me sad. I know I use out of date gear, but I try to be a frugal, simple guy who takes care of his stuff. I should be thrilled that I got 4 years of use from the same mod and tank and that I have backups (and backups for my backups).

10 Likes

I second that I stopped using ATF over a year ago after getting hacked twice. I had a look at the new ATF when Wayne talked about it on noted. I think I’ll stay with ELR.

7 Likes

I’m with you, Cary. Out of date is my middle name. I think the last tanks I purchased was the Doggystyle, back in 2018. KFLs, Ego Ones, Nautilus Minis, and yep, some STMs as well. Everything is bottom fill. Backups & parts, for my backups.

Sorry to hear about your rig being washed away, that sucks. I retired my first evic mini mod, after 7 years of faithful service, and it bummed me out. Glad I have 8 more in the stash.

Good, reliable gear has no expiration date, in my book.

7 Likes

Thanks. I try to find what works for me and stick with it. Great to hear your stash is about like mine.

4 Likes

After a long week, the excessive verbification of English has made my goat look as concerned as it should be in late September.

Why hell are people using ‘burglarized’ in British English when ‘burgled’ has had that gap filled for centuries?

Although, the one that I’ve heard over 80 times this week is ‘addicting’. Coffee is not addicting - it is addictive: as it’s a characteristic of coffee, so it is a bloody adjective. If coffee is ‘addicting’, then what addictive thing is the coffee trying to make me addicted to? And, if the drink has developed sentience and is scheming against us, well that is an existential threat which we should have already noticed.

11 Likes

Tina Turner just died.
What a bummer. I saw her in concert around ‘85’
That lady put on a great show.
I’ll miss her

11 Likes

She was a tad odd in her later years but she’ll be remembered for her powerhouse songs.

The best Bond song, movie and game:

8 Likes

Aww man…I didn’t know till I read your post. She was certainly a force. Like her or not, this woman showed the world how not to be a victim. RIP Tina.

7 Likes