What Do You Really Hate? (III)

A thread Joel could really get into.

8 Likes

You know @d_fabes I thought about that, AFTER I posted it, hehe.

7 Likes

Though we have a break from the backward Leo J.

5 Likes

Drove from West Virginia when it was 87 degrees (30.5 c for those with the superior measurement system) beautiful blue skies, to Nags Head Beach In North Carolina where it’s 60 degrees, damp, cloudy, and cool and very windy, not the greatest start to the beach trip! Also eating the BBQ I made the other day which is far better than some BBQ here and they are famous for it! :thinking:

6 Likes

That’s sounding pretty impressive. Have you tried any local hole in the wall BBQ joints ?

4 Likes

Oh yes, I used to live here in NC when I was working and have eaten a lot of Carolina style BBQ, I love it and it’s my preferred style of BBQ, and I’ve eaten some that was incredibly delicious, the best being from a very small takeout only restaurant that looked like a run down outhouse, quite possibly the very best I’ve ever had. Of course I am biased on the side of my own but I learned how from around here. Also true Eastern Carolina BBQ is whole hog with the thin, vinegar based sauce :drooling_face:

4 Likes

@TimWV I still LOVE vinegar based NC sauce, BUT, am slowing growing fond of a red, tomato based Texas style now.

4 Likes

I too love the tomato based sauces but the NC sauce just seems to enhance the flavor of that smoked, rich pork like no other for me and it always takes me back to my childhood and the happy simple times I had growing up.

4 Likes

Being asked to examine a story in the news: I don’t hide the fact that I view ‘The News’ as dying in the late 90s, dead in the 00’s: with a social media focused variant of current affairs replacing it.

Here’s a sample of ‘News’ using the most viewed news broadcast in the UK at the time. Younger members may find the sharing of information confusing and akin to a documentary rather than the begging for tweets.

5 Likes

65 bottles. Worst part of SFT.

9 Likes

All looks double plus good to me.

We better ensure that we have the latest dictionary and our bottles of Victory Gin to hand.

7 Likes

The marxist/Maoist revolution happening right now

3 Likes

And where’s that happening?

5 Likes

Here is a quote from one of the drivers

Queen theory, critical theory, critical conscience is Marxism. The dismantling of the family unit, religion, etc

4 Likes

Are you supporting acceptance of homosexuality, or are you against it?

Frankly, your statements lack any internal coherency or overarching linking logic which would help others to understand your point.

A quote which you assume to be impactful needs to actually make sense in the language chosen to present it.

4 Likes

The rinse cycle …

6 Likes

An annoyance of learning. Though count yourself lucky as you don’t have to clean out bottles after testing mixes for wielding plastic and palettes after using inks.

5 Likes

Most likely a bot I haven’t seen anything else from them except that post.

6 Likes

Well, that’s me dead if I go outside.

4 Likes

Sadly bots are getting to the level of non-native speakers: At their current level, it is harder to distinguish them from someone about to take their first IELTS exam.

4 Likes