What Do You Really Hate? (III)

I just read a study done in the US and according to it, vaping causes adults to handle hand grenades! :crazy_face: :rofl: :exploding_head:

8 Likes

It’s worse than that, it vaporises your brain completely. Handling hand grenades is probably just among the first noticeable side effects.
God only knows what comes next. I might be lugging cruise missiles through the area.

7 Likes

Waiting at the hospital to see/speak to a dr :frowning:

7 Likes

No bueno @Sevencasper. I hope everything is alright bro!!

6 Likes

Hoping everything’s ok.

6 Likes

@Sevencasper did you mean you ARE waiting to be seen ?

2 Likes

Dealing with snakes working for corporations sucking people dry. I have almost lost my voice from literally screaming at a woman through the phone a few days ago.
I have one of those toilets in my house for sad old cunts that can’t get up from those kiddy bowls any longer.
You have to apply for these things at some care organisation that deals with all of that, and if they approve, the corporation will place it in your home.
So I asked about one for my new home when I was there signing the contract. She told me I had to apply for one at the WMO.

If they had been interested in the people they rent houses to, they would have known that some judge has decided, and he knows all about it because we all know judges scrape through the month on a minimum income, that people living on a basic income are perfectly capable of paying for adaptions in their houses that cost less than 29000 euros.
Since my brain is still not fully functioning, see the grenade episode, it didn’t occur to me at that time, that I already have one of those toilets in my house, that was approved years ago, so I said that I would look into those plastic toilet seats they sell.

So I mentioned it to that woman on the phone and asked her if their corporation could have the decency to remove the special toilets and other things people have gotten because they really need them, and put them in their new houses.
Offer it to them before they move as a service, not make them plead, beg and fight for it.

She told me that I already said I would get the seats. The ones you have to check all the time to make sure it’s still solid before you fall off and break your neck.
When I told her that wasn’t the point, she started quoting standard procedures at me. What it came down to was that she was perfectly fine with people getting their special toilets smashed up by some renovation company to be replaced with one they cannot use, because you know, procedures.
I was so furious I completely lost my temper. After which she hastily offered to see what she could do for me, which made me even more furious so I ended up screaming even louder.
She ended up telling me she was going to end the conversation.

Apparently the woman thinks everybody is like her, when I’m alright everybody is alright.
Now I hate having to scream at people. In the 21 years I’ve been dealing with these non humans, I’ve lost my temper twice. She was the second one.
I happen to care about my neighbours and what happens to them.
This woman with a headscarf doesn’t give a toss about anyone but herself.
That’s the reason I call her a woman with a headscarf. If she had been a Muslim, she would have know the meaning of the word compassion.

I had to see her this morning for the pre-inspection of my house.
She shook my hand when she came in. If you can call getting a wet wipe over your hand a handshake. I felt a little sick when I felt that warm fish touching my hand.
I thought I would see her again on the 17th at the final inspection, but she told me that’s another department.
I felt a weight falling of my shoulders the moment I heard that. I knew I was extremely fucked up the last couple of days, but put it down to the stress of moving.
It was dealing with the rattlesnake that did it. :smiley:

7 Likes

So what will you be sitting on at the new place. The old tried and true or new shiny plastic? You just gotta keep saying by George Costanza’s father from Seinfeld ‘serenity now’.

5 Likes

Well, since I have the luxury of having two toilets, I will be sitting on the old and true downstairs and use the plastic one upstairs. I will have one in reserve in case I finally grow some fat and break the thing.
100 kilo is the limit. I’m around 48 so I still have a lot of eating to do.
I have as much trouble gaining weight as other people have losing it.
Being bombarded with emails from people who want to kill me by losing 20 kilo in two weeks doesn’t really help to cheer me up.
The video did. Thanks!

6 Likes

Thanks guys, things have not been okay. I had a splitting headache/migraine 10/10 pain on the weekend.
Went to hospital on Sunday, pain relief x 2 at hospital did nothing.
Dr diagnosed nerve pain & possibly shingles, no rash was visible at that point.
Sent me home with pain relief & anti viral meds. Told to come back if further concerns.
Rash developed on right side forehead Monday.
Tuesday had new psych appointment that could only be rescheduled in a month.

Wed woke with right eye almost completely swollen shut. Not sore though but thought a dr should check.
No dr available in town this week!
Advised to go to hospital for nurse to review (no dr at hospital as local dr is responsible for on-call at hospital).
Nurse reviewed = wait to speak to dr on duty in next town, could be by phone, video call or maybe will have to drive to the next town.

Yes, this was two hours after seeing the nurse.

After 6 hours @ 5.30pm the dr phoned & said I needed to have Urgent review by ophthalmologist- go to emergency department in city.
Come in in the morning for some scripts.

Thurs, got scripts spoke to dr who said that if I could find a private ophthalmologist who would fit me in, he would arrange a referral ( to save sitting in ED for hours).
Travel to city (3hours). On way rang private eye clic at hospital where ED is to see if they can see me. Yes have dr phone registrar, they can triage me & make an appointment. Left msg with dr to phone registrar.
Ph dr against n when arrived, has he spoken to registrar? No, told you to got to ED. :woman_shrugging: wtf - whatever….
Registered at ED, explained situation…did the dr give you paperwork for us? No :woman_shrugging:

Expected wait time at ED 2.5 hours. After 4 hours, announcement made that wait time is now 6-8 hours!

Thankfully I got in soon after the announcement.
Examined by registrar “the dr could have had you reviewed by an optometrist in the first instance to save you the trip” :roll_eyes:
“No you shouldn’t be taking the steroid he prescribed you” :roll_eyes:
There is no eye involvement :smiling_face_with_tear: (apparently that’s quite painful, so likely I would know).
Go home, continue with antivirals & have optometrist review in 7-10 days.

Arrived home midnight Thursday.
Spent yesterday on the couch.
Swelling is starting to go down today.

7 Likes

Oh no, that all sounds horrible. Sorry you’re going through it, and I hope you get some relief soon.

7 Likes

Thankyou :hugs: I hope so too, I’m just taking it easy now & keeping my fingers crossed that everything will will resolve from here.

6 Likes

Same here @Sevencasper

X

3 Likes

Being all excited about getting the linoleum on the floor, waiting for them to turn up to be told that half of my linoleum turned out to have a fold in it and couldn’t be used.
I’ve been stamping my feet as loud as I could, told them put something else down that they have in store, I don’t care, just do it today. They found a shop that had a roll of something similar, but the best they could do was tomorrow afternoon, somewhere between 12 and 8.
If I wanted the same kind, it had to be ordered all over again. That’s another 8 days waiting.
It will be a surprise what they turn up with tomorrow. Since I’ve been living on the bare wooden planks of this house for 21 years, it will be a step up, no matter what it is.
Fortunately there’s not much heavy stuff for upstairs, I still have to buy most of it. I have a roomy shower, my nephews will have to stash it in there until the linoleum is down and I can put it in.
I thought I was going to have a heart attack hearing that news come out of the guys mouth.
They had it wrong first and said they didn’t have any for the living room. That would’ve been much worse.
Where would I leave all the furniture? Outside in the pouring rain?

3 Likes

I hope they got it done on the second try.

3 Likes

They better turn up this afternoon or I will have that heart attack. The burial ground is just on the other side of the road, so I won’t have to move far. :grin:
I want to put my bed up when the stuff is laid and get a decent night sleep. I can finally stop running around from one house to the other.

I went with the dog most of the time and walked around 7 kilometres a day. Until I started to walk like I was drunk and was forced to take the bus the last few days.
I’m exhausted. It doesn’t help my recovery. Things have worsened. Dizziness, hearing has gone down, but I still manage Connections :joy:

5 Likes

Sounds like you needed a trailer for your electric bike :grin:
th-3651202668

Please look after yourself, I know it’s hard, you have lots to accomplish but Fudge needs you :hugs:

5 Likes

Fortunately my nephews had one behind the car. They did all the heavy lifting. It was hectic. When everyone was finally gone I was in tears. I was so looking forward to living in this house. I had it all pictured in my head. There I was sitting in a room full of boxes and bags. Not something you can call home. I had connected the computer but internet isn’t working. I heard plenty stories about connection problems after moving house. I will have to contact them. So now I am messing around on the phone. I never use the phone for this stuff. Just for what it was originally intended for. Really don’t see the point in messing around with a tiny screen when I have a large one.
I was so tired that I connected the speakers the wrong way. I worked with computers for years ffs and couldn’t even figure out how to connect a cable. I was on the phone with my daughter, crying. Yesterday, when I started to unpack and all the familiar things started to appear I started feeling a little better. I slept very well. Got myself a decent matrass. Now I have to figure out how to do this shit on the phone. I haven’t got any further than tekst. Got a brilliant nameplate on my house, a gift from my sister. I have no idea how to share via the phone and I am too tired to try to find out. Got a lot of work to do, so it’s probably a good thing that I have no Internet. I would just waste my time playing games.

7 Likes

Good luck getting settled @Josephine_van_Rijn, and you’re probably right about the internet.

6 Likes

Hey don’t worry about all this, it will all still be here when you’re settled.
Just focus on getting settled :hugs:

6 Likes