What Do You Really Hate? (III)

@Ken_O_Where I know you said before, but WHERE are you guys located ?? Up by the Great Lakes ?

2 Likes

Yeah, i would LOVE to have one join our family. You mentioned cujo, lol, one of the only movies that ever terrified me. Fortunately im old now and understand everything from hollyweird is bullshit.

Im up in the Keweenaw Peninsula, at the bottom. Tons of lake effect snow which means its almost always heavy and wet.

3 Likes

I had a malamute for about 12 years. He was a great dog. But be warned: they love to run away. I talked to other people who had them and they all said the same thing. They don’t do it to get away from you, they just want to run.
When I got him from the pound he was sitting on top of his igloo dog house in an enclosure that had not only walls but a chickenwire fenced ceiling because he could climb the fence and get out. Apparently, there were some Great Escape fan on staff because they called him Steve McQueen.
He loved to cuddle. It was his favorite thing (besides escaping). He also loved the cat. Would spend hours licking him, much to the cats annoyance.

8 Likes

ROFL, i love that. We had talked about fencing in an acre for dogs but i aint sure i can go running after one anymore, i might need a lazier breed!

4 Likes

Well we just got an update:

Southern Houghton County

Severe Winter Storm Warning

Tue, Apr 2, 2024, 8:00 PM EDT

…WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM EDT /7 PM CDT/ THIS

EVENING TO 2 AM EDT /1 AM CDT/ THURSDAY…

• WHAT…HEAVY SNOW EXPECTED. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 12

INCHES, HIGHEST EXPECTED IN SOUTHERN HOUGHTON AND NORTHEAST

IRON. WINDS GUSTING AS HIGH AS 45 MPH, STRONGEST WINDS EXPECTED

ON WEDNESDAY.

• WHERE…ONTONAGON, GOGEBIC, IRON AND SOUTHERN HOUGHTON

COUNTIES.

• WHEN…FROM 8 PM EDT /7 PM CDT/ THIS EVENING TO 2 AM EDT /1 AM

CDT/ THURSDAY.

• IMPACTS…TRAVEL COULD BE VERY DIFFICULT TO IMPOSSIBLE. PATCHY

BLOWING SNOW COULD SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCE VISIBILITY. THE

COMBINATION OF WET AND HEAVY SNOW ALONG WITH HIGH WINDS MAY

CAUSE TREE LIMBS TO BREAK AND DAMAGE POWER LINES. THE HAZARDOUS

CONDITIONS LIKELY WILL IMPACT THE MORNING AND EVENING COMMUTES

ON WEDNESDAY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…

IF YOU MUST TRAVEL, KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT, FOOD, AND WATER IN

YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

Thankfully im not a few miles Southeast as they are talking up to 27 inches. So if im gone for a few days its because we have no internet again.

EDIT:
Well shit, we just got added to the 17-20 inch group. With those kinds of winds involved im almost certain to be offline for a bit. Wouldnt even be an issue if it was fluffy snow. I guess bright side is that there is no possible way she can say no to a snowmobile now. Maybe i shoulda put this in What Made You Smile Today…

5 Likes

Damn bro…Your living in the Ice age over there lol

4 Likes

Old Mother Nature is just making up for the El Nino that stole our winter, all at once, lol.

Even the main power company, that covers most of the UP, sent out warnings of a possible grid failure. Never seen them do that before. So glad i got a propane genny.

6 Likes

You all stay safe. Storms have been nasty and more frequent lately.

5 Likes

Well i just though i was gonna die. Got a hiccup right as i took a big vape and it sucked all the vapor i was exhaling back in. I hate when this happens although only happened to me a few times ever. I was coughing and gasping for air for like 20 min. Starting to subside except for the left over tickle behind my tonsil now that keeps making ne cough. Man that was rough lol

8 Likes

Man, I hate that. It’s happened to me during the early days of mesh. That was a nasty experience. Hurt from the throat and thru the nose. Glad you got your breath back.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I know man. That was crazy. It was pretty big here. Things were falling off my shelves

3 Likes

Lol the emegency alert on my phone is a little extreme

3 Likes

Here in CA, a 4.7 is just an excuse for the oldies station to play Shake Your Booty by KC and the Sunshine Band.
Of course, you get a little rain and snow here, and everyone is screaming Armageddon…

11 Likes

True. The news really going crazy with it. Its been on every news channel all day and had the whole emergency managment team on air giving briefings.they even closed the airports Lol. It wasnt that bad but it was pretty cool. Its only the second earthquake here in 100 plus years. The firat one was in 2012 which was a bit bigger. Thats the one that destroyed the washington monument.

4 Likes

Oh wow, didn’t know they were that rare on the east coast. Here in SoCal we probably have a bunch of 3.5 or higher weekly if not daily. Most native and long-term Californians don’t think twice about earthquakes unless they’re 5 or above. Hopefully, you don’t get a bunch of aftershocks.

3 Likes

Yea cali is earthquake cental. The faults here havent been active for like 200k years. I guess there was some damage. 4 houses by my brothers house burned down because a gas pipe broke. Nothing is built for earthquakes here

4 Likes

Oh damn. That’s horrible. Fire scares the crap out of me. I’m in the desert so there not much to burn, but we’re in a valley so when the surrounding mountain forests burn, all the ash falls and fills the bowl. Breathing can be difficult.

3 Likes

While explaining the fires to the insurance company do you tell them it was because of an earthquake, Broken gas pipe or something else? Bet most people don’t carry earthquake insurance on the east coast.

3 Likes

I have no idea. We just had another pretty big aftershock

2 Likes