What Do You Really Hate? (III)

Agreed …

4 Likes

Sixty years old and both in their fifties is no age at all. Hearing about such sad news always makes me think of the families. Suddenly gone like that is so cruel to all.

From an extremely selfish standpoint it also makes me think about retirement etc too. You try and save a bit and go without now for the day when you no longer work but I’ve heard of so many people that I used to know or work with who didn’t make retirement. Is it best to enjoy what you’ve got while you can or keep squirreling a bit away and keep your fingers crossed?

5 Likes

@Gazza7 that sounds like THE plan Sir.

2 Likes

If I don’t get to use what I’ve squirreled away I have plans to donate to a worthy cause of my choosing. Non of my efforts will be wasted.

5 Likes

I got more information on our friends who passed away at home but not enough and there’s still a great mystery to this story. Sadly, by the time a neighbor had called the police because of the smell, one of their two dogs had passed away. The other was found severely dehydrated and was adopted by a friend of theirs. Both the dogs were 14 and 15 yrs old. A toxicology report shows an overdose of something but what I don’t know. Neither one of them were known as drug takers. The only other info we know is that they had been screwed over by their contractor for thousands of dollars and were both stressed out, not getting along and not sleeping. Did someone offer them pills that could have been tainted? Don’t know. We do know that they wouldn’t kill themselves over this nor would they do so without making plans for their pets. They loved their dogs. Sigh, hopefully we’ll know more soon. This is disturbing to all who knew them.

5 Likes

Toxicology report showed opioids. Still doesn’t tell us much, They weren’t into drugs and Bob was many years sober from alcohol. Nothing adds up.

4 Likes

Sounds just plain rotten. Sad when folks we know and care about pass away.
One of my nephews is in hospice and is expected to pass soon. It feels crazy to think that I’ve lost two nephews, one niece, one grandniece and now another nephew in hospice.

5 Likes

That’s too much death for people younger than yourself. I’m so sorry to hear about this @Cary1 It must break your heart. It breaks mine just hearing it.

6 Likes

Stress of my wife going in to the hospital for shoulder surgery at 7am tomorrow morning…

7 Likes

Godspeed @Ianc13.

5 Likes

Hope all goes well with Mrs Ian

6 Likes

Hope for a quick recovery and hope she doesn’t have too much pain afterwards!

6 Likes

Praying for the most skilled surgeon…and not hungover from Father’s Day :open_mouth:

3 Likes

4 Likes

What is this @SessionDrummer ?
Your new mixing and testing area?

6 Likes

It’s his flavor storage center with automated drone retrieval.

10 Likes

LOL @Pastorfuzz, and @Lostmarbles, trying to make sense of a train wreck. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

First floor of what? What kind of place is that? Oh, are those cubicles? An office space? And I think I see a conference room.

2 Likes

Hehe, I can’t say @muth, but let’s just say, it was a MESSY mess on the site plan.

1 Like

I love, love, LOVE the use of one-shots / stones, especially for recipes that you sell, or mix up regularly. Just open ONE bottle, instead of ALL of the bottles. I probably run around (16) 120’s or larger, and I KNOW when they’re running low, but I HATE having to get ALL the flavors out, fill them back up, and THEN subtract from the spreadsheet. :frowning:

Yes, yes, the BANE of mixing. Keeping everything topped off, keeping the records up to date. Oh, and ADD to that, hehe, updating the spreadsheet with NEW flavors TOO !!!

6 Likes