WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (II)

Awesome! Loved the slamming the hat down bit.

3 Likes

Had a blast at a drumming circle last night. My first time with this group of folks. During the break (after about an hour) the main person said she was worried that I would be someone who would “take over” or “over play” when I showed up with my large Remo Djembe. But she said that after about 20 minutes, she realized I was just “one of the gang”. I thanked her for letting me know and that as a percussionist (and vocalist), I was taught to be an ensemble player whose job it is to make the folks around me sound better. We had a great time and I met some fine folks. We’ll do it again at the Winter Solstice.

8 Likes

I’ve seldom done any drum circling @Cary1 but sounds good that you proved the “main person” that you would indeed “Serve the Song” as it were.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer It is a blast. Everyone has hand drums and other hand percussion stuff (and foot bells and foot tambourine for me). Folks took turns setting the pace and rhythm and everyone joined in. It morphs and changes as it progresses. I am looking forward to doing it again.

2 Likes

Is this a drum circle?

5 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Except the world recognizes natural immunity. We don’t. Because everything in this country has to go through the pharmaceutical companies. Natural immunity is the best kind of immunity. We shouldn’t fire people who have natural immunity because they don’t get the vaccine. We should hire them! Yes? …

I saw it today, people outside alone, walking with a mask. It’s so stupid. It’s an amulet. A charm people wear to ward away evil spirits. It means nothing. Can’t we get people to understand the facts more?

Listen to this. For unvaccinated hospitalization risk - unvaccinated. 41% of Democrats thought it was over 50%… Hospitalization rate for the vaccinated is actually 0.01% and the rate for the unvaccinated is 0.89%. So in both cases, the correct answer is less than 1%. They thought it was over 50%. How do people, especially of one party, get such a bad idea? Where did that come from? …

We’ve got to get back to life. Look at sporting events. All three sports are playing now including basketball, which is inside. Nobody seems to be having superspreader events. I mean, you know, it was great. It was so much fun having a pandemic. But, you know, buh-bye.

6 Likes

28 coils in 5 minutes …

14 Likes

Vandy Vape seems to have UPPED their game with the B3 MTL …

5 Likes

Just seeing Riley peacefully sleeping on his paw

8 Likes

Cracking open Nic from 2017. 100mg/ml VG on the left, 100mg/ml PG on the right. They both pour clear.

7 Likes

Kind of looks like mine

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/i/status/1575156353865510912

6 Likes

Wonderful person and I hope that cat finds it’s owner or is rehomed with the fellow.

5 Likes

7 Likes
4 Likes

Decided to start using dual coils

8 Likes

10 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes