WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (II)

Not only did we share Johnson Creek Tennessee Cured, we shared dentist appt days. Had 2 crowns put on today. $700+ later (even with insurance). Now that I can chew, I can’t afford food…lol.

9 Likes

Sorry that has been your experience. I have gotten my dental care at University of Colorado Dental School for the past 6 years and have been thrilled. My former dentists and periodontist said I had to have LOTS of work done, but I couldn’t afford it, even with good dental insurance…about $9,000 - $10,000 co-pay. I got all the work done, including some additional oral surgery and it cost me about $4,500 co-pay. It took longer, but every dental student I’ve had has been fantastic and same true of most of the supervising dentists. I’ll be texting one of my dental students this month to, again, thank him for designing and crafting my partials for the 3 year anniversary of having them. I was invited and went to two of my students’ graduation to celebrate them and got to meet their families. Well, now I’m rambling, so I’ll stop !!

6 Likes

Absolutely. Dentists are like doctors, always get a second opinion. I had a guy tell me once that I had 6 or 7 cavities and he wanted to take care of them right then. I haven’t had a cavity since I was a teenager. I went to a second dentist and he said, your teeth are great.

Bloody wankers!

7 Likes

I should give more backstory. When I was referred to the school by my local dentist, in 2017, I needed a procedure that I couldn’t afford, otherwise. The students were great and so were most teachers. They drew up a proposal plan of work that i might want to consider having done in the future. That was all well and fine but as time passed the school went through changes and the directors who were so phenomenal, left. That triggered a red flag for me. Since then, I get contradicting opinions on what needs to be done for my teeth. There are too many other variables involved to mention but the bottom line is I’m not getting that feeling of confidence I used to have there. I also knew that when they started major renovations back in 2018-19 someone was going to have to pay and that would include the patients paying higher prices.

All in all, I’m happy with the work that has already been done but I think it’s time to take a break from this school. 5 years of 3 hr appointments is enough for me right now.

5 Likes

Just think, that would have been 6 or 7 of your healthy teeth drilled into and compromised. Besides, what dentist does 6-7 fillings in one sitting? One who doesn’t have any other patients in the waiting room? I’m glad you followed your gut and got out of there.

4 Likes

No doubt, he would have F’ed me up good if I had let him. People like him should be dropped off in the middle of Montana smothered in peanut butter during the grizzly mating season.

8 Likes

Yep. Sometimes when leadership changes, it doesn’t go well. I’ve seen that happen at other organizations, just sorry it happened at a dental school. That can affect a bunch of folks dental care for years to come.

5 Likes

Yup and these particular leaders were very much admired by the students. Whaddya gonna do, things change and you just have to roll with it.

https://youtu.be/u_vkKozA8OI

6 Likes

Final tally… 9 from 10 :tada:

14 Likes

That’s not too bad at all. Last lot we had only gave 6 out of 11.
Congrats :smiley:

7 Likes

Um, certainly not the second heatwave we’re in. How do things look where you live? My yard is dead and even the trees are dropping leaves like it’s fall. I’m trying not to get too depressed by my environment. 2/3 of my state is in severe drought. What’s happening in your neck of the woods?

3 Likes

20170804_160046
We Canadians speaking Canadian!:blush:

10 Likes

What a dip shit, the guy lives in Alberta… A single pot hole, which there are millions on our roads will DESTROY that thing

3 Likes

There’s 2 seasons in Alberta, Winter and Road Construction

4 Likes

By the way, I had Popeye’s yesterday and that’s hands down the best Fast Food Chicken Sandwich

5 Likes

We’re at 97 in Denver today. So far, this has been one VERY hot summer. We had a few days last week in the 80’s and it felt like heaven. Good news, Denver’s water supply is at 92 or 93%. However south of us, they are considering water restrictions. I can only imagine what it is like on the west side of the Rockies. Huge draught. I think Lake Mead is at the lowest level since Hoover Dam was build and it initially filled.

My smile is taking my first photography class last night. Was fun and I learned (and relearned) a bunch. I think I will take part deux.

6 Likes

If you cant read the license plate says “Ontario” lol

4 Likes

License plate says ur wrong eh…lmao!

5 Likes

Air bag suspension, on the bump stops when parked. Would be higher when cruising… I once had a Fairlane that was similar.

2 Likes

Again @anon44012888
Don’t take me too serious…I’m just having fun pokin at ya! Always in good faith…I AM just joking around with you! Eh?? I’m really not a dick!

3 Likes