WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (II)

:rofl:

8 Likes

My girl and puppy

12 Likes

Letā€™s just call it ā€œWhat has made you smile YESTERDAYā€ for me. Well, as if anyone DIDNā€™T notice, things got a little HEATED in the (yeah, yeah) Single Flavor Testing thread, hehe. Now what made me smile was I got into it pretty heavy with @anon84779643, and @anon28032772. Now NORMALLY this would turn into BAD BLOOD, increased threat level, etc, etc., but yesterday, was NOT that day. I think all 3 of us get heated, not because of a lack of self control, but more to a passionate level of involvement. Sitting down for a client Skype call, and in the middle of it, see the phone ringing, Itā€™s SMOKY !!! Uhh ohh, hehe (kidding), so I called her back, and we talked for quite a while. You guys KNOW itā€™s a party when you get TWO larger than life personalities in ONE phone call. Needless to say, hehe, it was a blast, and as is almost always typical, there are just some things that you CANā€™T sort out via typed messages alone, you gotta be face to face (or on a call). She brought up some points that I had missed, and thatā€™s always a good thing for me. Great call Smoky.

I also PMā€™d @anon28032772 and we chatted a bit there as well. He as well brought up a few things I had missed.

SO, whatā€™s the moral of the story. Fight it out, but then get drinks, and make the call afterwards. Itā€™s what adults do, or at least some of us.

Good talking to you Smoky and Suom.

11 Likes

Did she talk about how cute I am? You donā€™t have to reply. I know she did.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Bet you did too. :wink:

5 Likes

Sharing is caring, Sdā€¦ itā€™d make me smile if you could jump on that taste thread and spread the knowledge you partook last night from both @anon28032772 and me :stuck_out_tongue: :crazy_face:

It was so good for me too, I needed a towel! :stuck_out_tongue: :crazy_face: and a big long drag off my zero nic juice :wink:
I for one have one more week of zero nicā€¦ to make a month of nic free vapingā€¦ Score! :tada:

I hope I feel like you understand now tho, seriousā€¦ @SessionDrummer
The stupid shit to go thru while trying to attempt to teach others is worth it, for the most part.

and yes @Phil_Fishā€¦ it was all about you, you cute lovable sexy beast!! :hugs: :tada:

4 Likes

Very cool! :grinning: However, what would make me (and all other ELR participants, Iā€™m certain) happier would be if certain folks would ā€œfight it outā€ in a PM or via Skype the first go roundā€¦ rather than clogging up the threads around here on ELR with crap like weā€™ve seen over the past couple of days and weeks. Some of what weā€™ve witness was NOT very adult-like. That crap needs to stop! :rage: Whether certain individuals are knowledgable or not about DIYā€¦ who caresā€¦ this forum doesnā€™t need the crap weā€™ve seen in print as of late! They need to get their act together or donā€™t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

10 Likes

Youā€™ve reached the maximum number of likes. Please wait 49 minutes before trying again.

You heard me hitting on my 18mg LOL.

Yeah it can be, and sometimes you have to cater the teaching to the student.

2 Likes

Well yes @Kinnikinnick, in hindsight, clogging up threads it less than ā€œidealā€.

5 Likes

Itā€™s the ā€œless than idealā€ situations/convos which drive people way from ELR. The instigators do not have it in their genes to be ā€œidealā€. They will always create ā€œless than idealā€ convos, because, at their coreā€¦ thatā€™s who they are. Sadly, theyā€™re unable to change. :confused:

Our Mods should NOT have to delete massive blocks of convos from threads because folks canā€™t communicate like adults. This is whatā€™s happening NOW. It didnā€™t used to be like that! Why is that? Iā€™ll tell you! Simply putā€¦ Lack of decorum.

Thatā€™s a fancy word for ā€œbeing niceā€. :wink:

7 Likes

lmao I sure didā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:
We need to touch back up on that tooā€¦ when you get some time :wink:

I do not cater or teach very wellā€¦ not something that is a high priority with meā€¦ I am bold and blunt, I call it like I see it. I am not a teacher, but I can show by exampleā€¦ and even that is part of teaching. There are some things that one has to do in order to learn -on their own- . Failure to learn means you are stagnant and will stay that way until you really want to learnā€¦ One has to be ready and open minded. Otherwise it is just like preaching to a wallā€¦ :crazy_face:

3 Likes

What has made me happy todayā€¦ I have my wood sanded and ready to play withā€¦ I like to burn thingsā€¦ so today is day one for my new wood burnerā€¦ :wink:

Back on topic. thanks! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, lucky for you I am. Iā€™m very good at reading the room, and changing up whatever I have to depending on the audience. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This makes me happy too! thank you @SessionDrummer :wink:

3 Likes

My husbandā€™s smile, when he tasted the Chicken and Dumplings I made today. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I like to smile! (Just need to know where to send the old metal Thermos!! lol) :wink:

Man I love me some good olā€™ chicken and dumplings!! :drooling_face: :fork_and_knife: :bowl_with_spoon:

8 Likes

Can a day really be bad when you have Chicken and Dumplings :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

10ml in the rain gauge :smiley:

11 Likes

Fresh veg from the garden:

12 Likes