WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (III)

When I have a bit more energy, I will dig through the 3 boxes of gear I have collected over the years.
Who knows what will turn up. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Just place a speaker on either side of his head cranking out Whole Lotta Love and you’ll have a pic of what my early 80’s was like.

Deep shit indeed.

8 Likes

At least you can remember the 80s…

6 Likes

Wouldn’t call it remembering. More like disjointed flashbacks.

7 Likes

Same here :laughing:

6 Likes

I already know because Whole Lotta Love was released in 1969 :crazy_face:

8 Likes

Wait, what is this 80’s time period? Did they actually exist? I’m lost :person_shrugging:

Again with this 80’s fantasy…. For the love of my sanity was this really a time period? I was sure we went from 1970 straight into 2000, have I missed something?! :fearful: :scream:

6 Likes

Very true but I wasn’t listening to LZ heavily until my junior year in HS. Well that and my intro to the sticky-icky …
It was during that time that I concluded that having two Fisher loud speakers, with 15in woofers, on either side of my head sounded better than headphones.

8 Likes

That just means you chose to live your life to the fullest! Lol

7 Likes

Ey, what’s that you say?

7 Likes

Hey you all, don’t you know the saying, “If you remember the ‘60s’ you weren’t really there.”

7 Likes

Mine was Judas Priest…

7 Likes

I’m afraid it was. It’s when I got married. I must’ve been out of my mind!
Nothing the 90’s couldn’t fix, fortunately. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Back in ‘69 I was doin’ Flintstones vitamins, man. I was trippin’ on Dinos.

6 Likes

I just went through a ton load of attys, organizing and dusting off the shelves, trying to make things fit. I dug out a Serpent Mini 22mm and am using it. Now I want to find a bubble glass to fit it. I can’t take these 2-3 ml tanks. Otherwise it works pretty well. I found some old cherished items that you’ll never see again like the Big Buddha mini RTA.

6 Likes

I remember the original Buddah and not being able to find one, but I did pick up the Temple. Way too much for me. First hit knocked me on my ass. I think the 12mg nic hit went straight to my head. I sold it that same day. There was another monster RDA around that time too. I think it was the Alliance? Never bought it but I think it was capable of 6 or 8 coils. That thing was massive.
Funny how things have changed. Back then it seemed that bigger was better. If you could disappear in the fog, you won.

8 Likes

Oh wow, I would have bought the Temple from you. But I wouldn’t have used 12mg in it, that’s for sure. I can only handle 3mg tops in an RDA. The Big Buddha RTA is only 18mm diameter and the best flavor banger RTA at the time. It juiced up from the bottom screw like a KF and many others at the time. I’ll take it for a whirl again.

4 Likes

I sold it years ago. I think I had only been vaping a couple of years at the time. I think it was a 30mm and looked awful on every mod I owed.
I always wanted a Pirate King Mod/RDA setup. Wish I would have pulled the trigger on one. I thought it was the perfect setup in all its gaudyness.

5 Likes

Oh the 30mm. I never could get into the 30mm RDAs. I don’t remember the Pirate King, got a pic?

5 Likes

Guess I was mistaken about the mod, it was only the RDA.

5 Likes