WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (III)

Basically but news is acting like its the end of the world. Suprisingly there was a lot of damage around from it though. East coat infrastructure not built at all for earthquakes.

8 Likes

Photos speak a 1000 words

12 Likes

11 Likes

12 Likes

Headed to the greenhouse we usually buy from and this homeowner was across the street. He had ~25 Maple trees tapped. This pic shows about 5 of them (Small white sap buckets)

12 Likes

Brst pic of the eclipse i can get with my phone. It was a little over 90 percent here. It was about just where you couldnt see the sun

Zoomed in 200x

15 Likes

I love it.

7 Likes

Lol, this thread is called, “What Has Made You Smile Today?” You must hate NJ :rofl:

5 Likes

I screwed up with the eclipse glasses this year and was scrambling around at the last moments to no avail. I was heading home empty handed with a very bummed out family member waiting for me when a stranger reached into his pocket and pulled out a brand new pair of glasses and gave them to me. If he only knew how that one small action made someone’s day. It’s the little things that restore my faith in humanity.

11 Likes

A friend visited not too long ago and she brought a small jar filled with a sweet mystery liquid. Couldn’t believe she tapped one of her own trees in the backyard. I never even thought of trying that. I’m a maple syrup lover but it does take a lot more work than tapping a tree to get a premium syrup. I think it takes something like 40 gallons of fresh sap to boil down to one gallon of rich, dark syrup, iirc.

9 Likes

9 Likes

First bath of the season yesterday. It was 68° finally SPRING!!
Except another nor’easter tomorrow into Friday :woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

Yea! We got about 92%, it got dark enough for our street lamps to pop on for half hour or so at 3:15! I didn’t get a filter for my camera lens’s so no photos. Pretty cool though :sunglasses:

8 Likes

So many clouds in Toronto

10 Likes

Pretty much the same at my place in the burbs.

But the BIL took this downtown TO looking toward the lake.

7 Likes

Nice I was in Austin Tx for the eclipse in the path of totality. We only caught a 10 second glimpse due to the clouds.

7 Likes

We got a letter from our internet provider today saying the the last of the temporary above ground cables have been buried so hopefully no more disconnections. But the speed increase was considerable:

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 22-12-20 Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

From way up here in the UP to Chicago. I was maxing out at 50 last week. The nerd in me is giddy and the adult is saying that ill only ever max it out during speed tests, lol.

8 Likes

Better than mine, but I am on 5G with 3 bars out of 5.

6 Likes

Using speedtest.net . This is my wifi from a desktop in my house. It’s a fiber connection all the way to my router. 1 single strand of cable from my router all the way back to Bell’s equipment.

EDIT: This joy/speed costs me $90 monthly after taxes, but with 2 teenagers in the house, it’s worth it.

8 Likes

In the long run, it might be cheaper to get rid of the teenagers. I regret keeping mine for so long.

12 Likes