WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (III)

Once they’re done they’ll only be half the men they used to be :neutral_face:

5 Likes

No, I did not have a LED shower head on my bingo card

4 Likes

So i had a bbq today and one of my friends was vaping a disposable which was unflavored. It was a super strong aroma of cotton candy in the air so i was like are you vaping cotton candy or em and hes like no its just unflavored nicotine. I tried it and i swear it had to be pure EM in that thing. I just found it interesting that they would call that unflavored. Im guessing they dont count em as a flavor and if so they must be using EM as a sweetener or as the actual base. If they are using it as a sweetener then id assume they are using em in the flavored ones too.im not sure what brand it was. I think airbar

4 Likes

Mike Portnoy, Danny Carey, and a whole lotta “F Bombs”.

Fives, and Sixes …

6 Likes

I love this and thx for posting it. Long ago when I was a student a Berklee I used to practice a lot with my drummer friend, Chris Henderson from Philly. We were studying jazz but he was losing his shit over a James Brown song called Popcorn, a drummer’s nightmare. He had to explain to me why it was nightmarish by playing the recording maybe 2-4 bars at a time so I could hear how the time was changing from bar to bar. That’s when I really started to appreciate all kinds of music. The mind blower was how the average listener just heard music that they enjoyed, never realizing that behind it was sometimes a complicated, nearly impossible rhythm to play. My dad always said that the pros make it look easy :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Well, today is my birthday and I was treated to the best ice cream in the universe at:

I got “Grapenut” flavor which tasted like a velvety vanilla, malty ice cream
packed with real crunchy Grapenuts. I almost chose “Graham Central Station” so I could report back to @SessionDrummer about graham cracker ice cream flavors. Lol, next time.

9 Likes

@muth I had NO IDEA you were at Berklee. One of the BEST, best, best guitar players I’ve ever played with got his Masters from there, and it showed.

And AGAIN, I had NO IDEA !!!

I didn’t recognize the name, but I did recognize the groove. A whole lotta back beats going on, on the snare. Very NOT easy to get right, keep smooth, flow, and funk.

I’m going to CRACK A BEER now @muth. Nothing could be more true.

6 Likes

Happy birthday @muth l

8 Likes

You’re very welcome @muth. I can NOT say I’ve ever tried to learn it, but Danny just has a crazy sense of time. Watching Mike “Break The Code”, especially the 6-6-5, and the 3-3-4-3 was most informative.

Timestamped to 10:32 …

6 Likes

Happy Birthday Lady!
I’m having a large Malibu and Coke for you

9 Likes

It’s your Birthday ?? !!!

7 Likes

Happy 29th Birthday @muth!! :birthday:

8 Likes

Happy Birthday Muth :birthday:

9 Likes

Thx for all the warm birthday wishes everyone :smiling_face:

9 Likes

He had about 5 singles out around the same time with Popcorn in the name. I can’t remember exactly if this is the one or not. I remember Chris saying that the hard part was that it never stayed the same throughout the song. In other words, the beat didn’t simply repeat itself every 2 measures or so. Idk, so long ago I don’t remember but it’s fun just thinking about it.

5 Likes

:birthday: Happy Birthday :birthday:

7 Likes

Happy Birthday!

9 Likes

Happy Birthday @muth. The cake was on sale, but tastes just as good.

9 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @muth :birthday:

9 Likes

Happy Birthday muth!!!

8 Likes