WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (III)

Who knew new Ball Jar lids could make a gal so happy? I was keeping my 300 ml batches in glass jars with one piece metal lids and I found some of the lids rusting and making them almost impossible to unscrew. I had two piece canning lids but who wants to deal with that for eJuice? I found these new BPA free Ball lids and got some polycone seal caps for my 120 ml Boston Rounds to replace their glass dropper caps. Now I’m all leak free and airtight…nice! Btw, Ball makes SS lids but they’re quite pricey.

12 Likes

Hallelujah! Today I finally got myself a new AIO printer. I don’t print very much but a fax is something I need and this baby can easily fax without having to print out. The best part, it’s last year’s model but solid and on sale for $69.

lol, that’s not my house.

8 Likes

Whats a fax? Lol

I got the same printer i think. Thats the one with the multi color refill cartridges right. Iv had mine for like 5 years and its still going which is pretty good for a printer. Usually they last like a year

The double sided copier works great on it

7 Likes

People say they’ve had their Brother printers for up to 10 years so that sounds about right. My first Canon Pixma (OG model) still works but it does wonky things when I try to fax and it’s slow as all get out. Also it’s not compatible with all the devices in the house. Personally, I’ve wanted to pitch it out the window on several occasions. The cartridges cost more than the printer is worth.

ETA: Idk what NY’s guberment admin is like but Boston is like 20 years behind and still demands faxes vs email attachments. Lol, one time I was asked to fax important docs to an insurance headquarters in Texas and they kept telling me to send again because they never got it. I told them I faxed it 4 times and the reply I got was, “Well, nobody ever goes in the fax room.” :crazy_face: “Should I send it carrier pigeon?” Unbelievable :angry:

7 Likes

I have a Brother QL700 label printer that i have had for around 10 years. Been through at least a dozen rolls of tape and it still prints like the day i bought it. I liked it so much that when i decided that i “needed” a handheld label maker i bought a Brother PT-45. Great equipment that has worked flawlessly.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, I’ve heard of those label printers. We had a discussion in a thread once. I would like to create decent labels for my mixes and transferred flavors.

5 Likes

The QL700 is fantastic. Comes with lots of clip art choices and you can easily make your own.

Chery Cola

Super simple but the labels arent coated which is why i wanted the handheld as they are coated.

7 Likes

Like laminated? That would be good. I like those labels that are removable, adhere by static cling. They can used over and over again.

5 Likes

They arent laminated but they have some kind of coating to prevent them from wearing off. They are MUCH easier to remove than the QL700 but only two line of text and 1 font. Not exactly easy to peal them from the backing but even my old man hands can do it. And i got it at Walmart along with the tapes so it is available locally in some places.

4 Likes

Yea i think that why i use to go through printers so much . Printer on sale costs 30 bucks but ink replacement costs 50. Well i might as well just buy a new printer for less then the ink

5 Likes

@Ken_O_Where I run the QL-710W, and I’m assuming you’re using the “tape” and not the “labels”, as Brother makes semi-gloss coated “film”, or the plain dry paper.

4 Likes
5 Likes

I use the labels for the 700. Got a link for the coated ones on amazon? Ill buy a bunch. I mostly bought the P45 because i needed labels small enough for 10-15ml bottles, other uses too but that was the main reason.

3 Likes

My neighbor had one until she ripped it out. I was so disappointed and asked her why. She didn’t know, just shrugged her shoulders. Bonehead :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Well labels can work, just depends on what size your printing them for. I’ve been on the “tape” (paper), and “film” (coated/glossy) since the beginning, because I print a lot of labels, and in my case, saved me a lot of money. I’ve actually had surprisingly good luck even with the somewhat cheaper tape, that have held up very good, despite not being as tough as the film.

The QL has been a real workhorse for me, and I love that I can print from any device in the house via WIFI. I never know which machine I’ll be on, when I have to run a big batch job. The included software also works pretty good as well.

I just buy the continuous tape in bulk .

5 Likes

I definitely dont mind switching. Kinda tired of my labels wearing off after using the bottle for a month or so.

Well, i just realized i could put a piece of clear tape over it.

Time for sleep, my thoughts are becoming to logical…

4 Likes

I print using mostly the 1.1" tape, and it’s fine for 10ml up to 500ml, and I have different templates I use for each size bottle / print job.

3 Likes

Speaking of labels has anyone tried these that have been flooding all over the market? They are supposed to waterproof on any surface and some of the videos showing printing like elabirate graphics on bottles. I think they are like 200 bucks on amazon.

6 Likes

Smile because I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time. I finally removed my old Macs, a PowerMac G4 and G3 and ready for recycle or trade in if qualified. Dayum, these dinosaurs are heavy! And it’s hot and humid as heck right now. I’m pooped. I’m also hauling in my old AIO printer, another dino. Not smiling because I had to get up in the attic where it’s over 100F. @Lostmarbles at one point I thought I was going to die up there if I didn’t get out fast enough. That’s when I thought of you and your weather report :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Be careful with that humidity it’ll suck the breath right out of you when combined with high heat. I’ve had it happen to me to the point of passing out. It hits fast and hard, so limit your time doing anything physically strenuous. Take breaks often, or just wait for a better day to do it.

7 Likes