WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (III)

Yes, I used to have an APC Backups unit for when I was running my midi station. Never had a blackout while recording but used it one night to continue watching TV :rofl:

4 Likes

Thx for the idea. I don’t have any juice running to my shed and it sure would be nice to get some light on the subject. I’m jealous of @TimWV for having plumbing in his shed :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Sometimes, THAT’S all you need. Maybe a fan, lamp, charge some ecig batteries, hehe. You never know.

3 Likes

Hehe, that WAS nice.

3 Likes

I have used a portable lifepo4 battery unit with a portable(ish) folding solar panel for the last year as a backup power source. Really good in case of power outages and will even run our aircon in a pinch while hooked up to the panels in full sun.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if I posted this yet but I finally got some good news concerning the flooding of my property. Without going into the long story, here’s what it looks like. It had destroyed my vegetation, collapsed my fence and caused wood rot on the bottom of my shed.

After months of getting nowhere, I was advised to contact the Mayor’s Office for my area’s Councilors. After more months gone by because they couldn’t find the owner of the property to deliver the code violation warning, Boston Inspectional Services served them on August 1 and they have 30 days to respond with proof of action. After that it goes to Housing Court if they don’t get on it.

9 Likes

Guess the 30 days are up since you are posting this. Now you got to stay on top of the code department to follow through.

6 Likes

I havent been around much lately, its been a really busy summer for us. So our new puppers was born last month, Odin Hosehead Fisher. We get the pick of the litter of the yellow labs, we go down in a couple weeks to meet him and then pick him up in October.

Next year we will add another, a chocolate lab, Loki will be his name tho we havent settled on a middle name, nick name, yet. This has made me smile everyday since they were born, exciting!

13 Likes

Nomz order arrived! :smiley:

7 Likes

Got mine yesterday! Tomorrow BCF order arrives. Got so many flavors I have trouble choosing.

8 Likes

I was checking links on the Resource Page and saw this:

Cant image how old they are now. I think we tested them back in 2017? I dont remember them being great and they certainly required more than one drop!

Made me smile tho, got me thinking about the old days on the forums and some of the characters that have come and gone.

10 Likes

Welcome back to the Arthur Murray portion of the Atlantic hurricane season :grin:

5 Likes

I know what you mean. And I said I was going to stop ordering for awhile. I blame the new mixing show that is forcing my hand to keep up :rofl: lmao

4 Likes

I blame ELR and mostly @SessionDrummer . :joy:

7 Likes

Yep, that too :rofl: He’s the devil that won’t quit (but we are grateful :joy: )

Okay, off to looking at my new flavors (and where to put them)

5 Likes

Put this little hummingbird feeder up in the window a couple of weeks ago and finally saw my first hummer today. Pretty amazing to watch one from just a couple of feet away

6 Likes

We think they’re getting ready to leave now and have started mixing their food at 3:1 instead of the usual 4:1 :blush:

4 Likes

I’ve ate at the Waffe House 3 times in my life- and whenever I am drive by one I stop. The closest WH to me is like 150/200 miles. I enjoyed it- and it cost less than anything I’m use to… :blush:

10 Likes

We have a waffle house in Marion IL, haven’t been in a while but it is always a treat to visit. Lunch offerings are as good as breakfast.

5 Likes

Concrats with your new pup! I have to warn you the chocolate ones are a little mad.
There’s a reason you don’t see them as guide dogs :grin:
I love mine to pieces though.

They left this poor woman at the gate of the cemetery, it’s closed and she’s not even dead yet. :flushed:

5 Likes