WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (III)

It snowed 5 inches here yesterday and last night.
Woke up this morning and the driveway was almost completely clear of snow. Don’t miss pulling that shovel out at all.

9 Likes

Residents in Maine are fighting for the right to customize their license plates after the state recalled hundreds that it deemed inappropriate. A vegan family say that they really meant it when they ordered a plate that said “LUVTOFU.” It is not a sexual reference.

credit: twitter

11 Likes

:rofl:

8 Likes

There are at least 2 homeowner backyard skating pads on our way for water. This is the smaller one. :canada:

10 Likes

From @David_SXmini

8 Likes

Did that video say you can only use Stainless steel?

4 Likes

I believe the mod will do any setting, but the Pure Tech used specific coil heads made of 316L in order to do temp control. The Pure Tech has been around awhile. I have an old IPV5 (I’m pretty sure it’s a 5) that has the Pure setting and that is probably 6 or 7 years old. IIRC, the Pure series of coil heads had a U-shaped coil that would allow the cotton to be replaced as needed, but not the coil itself. Never tried it myself so I don’t know how well it performed.

7 Likes

The wind had died down to about half of what it was yesterday, so I could take the dog to the park without running the risk of being blown away to the other side of country :wind_face:

7 Likes

I would consider pure tech a negative if it does TC in one mode only for an advanced chip set and an advanced price. Today’s mods will do the same TC on almost any wire on the market.
I don’t even see 316L wire to buy from the reseller’s. Definitely not a feature I would be looking for.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Saw that. What good is the feature if you can’t find them or are being sold, far and few retailers?

5 Likes

@rcleven that remains to be seen …

2 Likes

6 to 7 year old technology has had time to develop. It has been seen. Seems a useless feature that never developed. Like I said today’s mods are well ahead of this chip technically because any newer (last 2 years) mods will do TC on any material coil including hybrid.

3 Likes

Some of you might know that I’m a caretaker.

10 Likes
4 Likes

I don’t really know what to think about this. You would think nothing at all was going on that so much attention is paid to something like this.
I suppose MAGA involvement (allegedly) made the all jump on it.

Talking about what’s going on, this made me smile

3 Likes

Not much Is going on. This happens in every recession. It’s a small bunch of regional banks that stretched themselves too thin. They use US bonds to backup their deposits. When the interest rates go up and the bonds fall in price to match what that bond would cost at today. So they don’t have enough to backup deposit’s if all their clients decide to remove their funds.
These banks catered to clients that eat all their money (deposits) every month paying employees and other expenses to keep the lights on. Either they should have bought more bonds with profits or take a loss on bonds they owned and replaced them with current rate bonds. All three banks froze like deer in the head lights than trade out of the 1% bonds they owned and admit they made bad decisions and take a stock hit. All three were poorly run.

5 Likes

I was talking about @SessionDrummer’s video about the Smollett hoax. Couldn’t care less about the banks. :rofl: It just made me laugh.
I’m a professional bum and own nothing already.

That’s because they were more concerned with the amount of trans and other letters working there, instead of capability. Oh, and it was very important which pronouns you had to use. :rofl:

5 Likes

Went out for my hourly vape and this guy was still across the street. That’s a liquor bag lol

8 Likes

Go BIG or go home, right ?

7 Likes