WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (III)

I will, my dog needs me.

Talking about that, they are using Joe Biden in Russia for a dementia advert.

True, but I didn’t really seem to care much and hardly have any memory of the past two years.

2 Likes

I don’t even know how to respond to that, except that Putin is a lousy sketch artist.

Nikko was a stray/feral before he decided to “knock” on my backdoor one winter. Yes, it was rough at first. He sent one family member to the doctor. It took a long time but we are all on good terms now, lol.

6 Likes

Then you have a nearly blank canvas to build upon.

Not remembering is only an issue if you are very social or are concerned by physiological damage: I don’t think that either of us are bothered with such things

4 Likes

He sounds like a true cat who found a family which respected that side of him.

I always got odd looks when Reuben joined me when I was walking my idiot dog (Bill, a true Heinz 57): The sight of me walking through a field with a dog and cat closely following me and a few bats ahead joining the fun cemented my reputation as being on the wizardly side. Particularly as I was smoking pipes back then.

6 Likes

Good looking girl there @SquirrelSmash.

4 Likes

Thanks. Sadly for you she’s now retired.

4 Likes

One of my cats used to accompany me and the 3 dogs I had at the time for walks. I never smoked a pipe but I have been called bruja.

4 Likes

Well it’s a derogatory term. Luckily most just classed me as a beastmaster with two calling me The Beast. (Now, I do have a tendency to step outside of circles and had an epic decade of experience. But, I have only climbed one mountain - so cannot be compared to Crowley).

2 Likes

@Josephine_van_Rijn wait a minute, a sorceress ??

2 Likes

Yes, or witch. I’m sure I would’ve ended up on the stake a little way back.
A woman living alone with cats and dogs. All these familiars.
I had a cat called Pyewacket and one called Grizzel Greedigut. I guess that’s asking for it.

2 Likes

Well, I’d suggest opting for being a ‘wise woman’ and using Johannes Wier’s model of what it is to be a distinct female.

He is one of my favourite authors: Freud classed him and the father of psychoanalysis, others see him as a deity in psychopathology. Personally, I have found him useful in debunking many texts and a voice in the consolidation of Israelite and pre-Islamic Arab traditions - Not bad for just one wizard.

2 Likes

He has his own foundation now.

2 Likes

There is also a French antiquarian book dealer who use his name.

Though I don’t expect anyone who wasn’t hunting to know about them (I class people who know as ones who have Calliet and Coumont’s bibliographies in their collection) - £5,000 is the average price for basic texts from them. I was very tempted when a first edition of the King James Daemonologie was listed as a purchasable text.

4 Likes

All that does, is make me want to move in next door. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

She’s lovely

3 Likes

Thank you for that. He would appreciate your respect of him for being a true cat. That he is and I’m not saying so for my sake. God no, we were all glad that he finally settled down into the domestic life and stopped shredding our skin off. Maybe someone should write an essay about the relationship and bond between human and beast.

4 Likes

At least there’s seems to be a reason for the mad policies of the EU

3 Likes

Is there any name listed for this MEP, a date for the incident and the exact session in question?

Sadly there is a title, a video of a man in what seems to be a lower chamber and lots of earsplittingly offensive music. So, pretty much a video sprinting towards the Least Reliable Video of the Year Award.

Edit: I just did a few reverse image and facial recognition searches and oddly this video has only appeared on the Twitter feeds of the most unreliable of political commentators: George Galloway being the shining star in a mass of openly biased Russian sympathisers.

Sources like these lead me to question whether all media needs a fact-checking algorithm.

3 Likes

I agree with you completely. I can’t find a name for this man anywhere. However, it does say ‘alleged’.
It just made me smile when I saw it. That’s why I posted it here.

I don’t think it is very far from the truth. The internet is rife with articles from ‘reliable sources’ that talk about the excessive use of cocaine in parliament going many years back.

There’s plenty more of that going around the web.

2 Likes

Oh here’s another event that sprung to mind regarding glorious George: This pretty much shows the level of credibility he should be regarded with. I sometimes wonder if my recall of C-Span and Hansard has melted a few rooms in my memory.

3 Likes