WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (III)

For @SmilingOgre

@SmilingOgre the install/soundproofing pics are still being located.

Independent amp kill switches, and obligatory 45 Hz. boost.

Boston Pro 6.5" components H. Passed @ 65 Hz. Yes, 65 Hz. They go below that.

Back in the day even 11 CD’s was never enough. 1 in the chamber, 10 in the mag …

RF Power 500 AB for the components …

Twin 8" Boston Pro Subs, in a 0.70 cu ft sealed, reinforced, deadened enclosure …

RF Power 1000 BD with a .5F CAP for the subs …

All in, I have about 480w going to the mains, and 1200w to the subs. I have all the crossovers run by the head unit, with 24 dB slopes.

Swept the truck with an analyzer and by manipulating the crossover slopes, points, and the on board 5 channel EQ I was able to dial it in tight. No flat, but tight.

AND, it’s completely stealth …

8 Likes

8 Likes

That’s some very impressive work you have done there, well done :clap:

7 Likes

Looks just as stellar over here! Your tight from 300hz down. 300 to 700hz is under control and not causing mud. 2k is bringing out clarity. You’re home! No need for flat. And then there’s me. 6K drives me bat shit!! Nails on a chalkboard. So when you do my installation, I will want the 6k attenuated by 9 db, lol.

4 Likes

Will you enforce this rule for all?

4 Likes

Thank you very much @Lucas_James_Holden. It took way more planning than I wanted to. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hehe, yeah it is @SmilingOgre.

Roger that Walt. You sure you don’t want me to set it at 0 ??

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

I saved up a couple pay cheques back in the day to get some Boston acoustics mids and highs with crossovers for my Datsun/Nissan Stanza. I just sold an Orion 222sx.

4 Likes

I believe i have . If you would like to prove that I havent than be my guest. I may miss something and if i do then others can bring it to my attention. This is getting old though. You know the policy, you have flagged others for politcal posts. The only time you want to challenge it is when your posts are flagged or removed. Im pretty confidant that the majority of members will also say i have enforced for all, some will even say im too strict. Follow the rules there will be no issues. Now i am done talking about this with you . This seems to come up every couple of months as if you arent sure of the policy.

8 Likes

Oh yeah?! Check out this sound system install I did all by my self :crazy_face:

8 Likes

6 Likes

That’s an epic custom gaming chair you have there.

5 Likes

Thank you @SquirrelSmash I’m glad someone appreciates fine workmanship! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

It reminded me of the ultimate bodge moment.

The gearstick failed during a 24 hour competition., With us bodging a wrench and wire alternative.

We came second with an award for beastly adaptation .Even using my impressive mass and knowledge of locks didn’t get it.

Even with my brother: the short and healthy one, I still forced locks with 16 tonnes of water still to drain.

Yes, BFG (Big Friendly Giant) applies to me.

That’s the tale of the 24 hour narrowboat challenge.

4 Likes

I don’t know if this is sarcastic or flexing.

1 Like

A friend classing my awareness as 83 forms of English. RP Northern being my native dialect but I’m completely relaxed regarding odd fluency in the other 82 forms.

I could rant about the autocorrect here…

Easy ones for others:

Although, when The Full Monty was screened in America, crib sheets were needed to explain ‘chuff’

But, we can enjoy acceptable homoerotic moments while others ponder:

3 Likes

Well, some degree of stating how it is enforced would be fitting.

Also, privately stating the member who tried , and did block me twice, would be fitting. To be judged without recourse or evidence which I can use to make a case is abhorrent in the systems daily touted here.

There is a simple maxim, luckily for you in English ‘Justice hidden isn’t justice delivered’.

Obviously a private site can act in anyway it wishes but, when it tries to attempt a passing resemblance of free speech, then it is open to being tested on it and any variance regarding it.

You asked for examples, I will not name individuals unless it is essential to make a point but I can give you the whole Coronavirus thread as it is a challenge to find a post which isn’t politically motivated.

I’m not a huge fan of samples, but …

1 Like

I apologize for that post. It wasn’t meant to be political by any means.
Simply ironic, That we had a Hurricane named Hillary.

4 Likes