WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (III)

I solved both of them this evening. Well, night.

7 Likes

Philly isn’t ALL bad.

10 Likes

I just solved the cube in 8 minutes. That’s a step up from 9 days.

7 Likes

There must be some kinda trick to that?! How TF do they do it in like 10 seconds?!

4 Likes

Are you sure they didn’t just unbox the bloody thing?

6 Likes

I used to do them all the time YEARS ago @D.Sims. You choose a solve color, and work to solve the face for that color, and work down the layers. As you move down the layers, there are only soo many different patterns of colors that need to be moved/exchanged/shifted/rotated. There are defined moves for each pattern. It becomes muscle memory, or at least it did for me. I can still remember the patterns, but I can’t remember all of the moves. I never came close to 10 seconds, but it’s all about the patterns, and associated moves required.

6 Likes

6 Likes

I remember throwing many against a cinder block wall. Problem solved :laughing:

10 Likes

I just pulled the stickers off :grin:

10 Likes

At least you had the patience to peel them off :wink:

9 Likes

![Productvisuals_Speedcubes-QiYi-mini-3x3-sleutelhanger-3-1|475x500]

I have a lot of throwing to do in that case. I think I’m hooked. Why didn’t I discover these things before?
I bought a yo-yo too. I must be regressing to former times. What’s the word for that again? :thinking:

8 Likes

Love yo yos! Don’t remember many of the tricks, but there is some satisfaction in the feel of it slapping into the palm of your hand. I got a few Duncans around the house that I find when I’m cleaning up or looking for something else. Finding forgotten yo yo = instant distraction.

9 Likes

@Lostmarbles , you - well, ah, never mind.

6 Likes

Thanks for the cheat sheet. It clarified the last bit I always get stuck on. It’s hard to find a decent explanation all the way through.
I have seen a guy explaining the first two layers. I had no problems with it. However his explanation of the third layer was complete gibberish to me.
Totally useless.
This explanation of the third layer gets me there. As long as I ignore the instructions for the first two.
I work them the other way around. White face up. Yellow face only comes up with the final layer.
If I fuck up the third, I will have the first two back to where they should be in no time.
I don’t need a cheat sheet for that any longer. With this last piece I will be able to get it in my head.
Once I can write it down for myself so it makes sense, I know I understand it.
Then I can go on to the four layer version.

3 Likes

Recycled teenager.

6 Likes

That sounds much better than senile, thanks.

6 Likes

There are zillions of different ways of solving a cube. The way I get there right now is the long way. With all the moves I have to make it is impossible to do that in under 10 seconds.
It does give you a pretty good sense of how the thing works and I’m sure there are shortcuts to getting there a lot faster.
You have to be familiar with it first before you can do that.
It’s like you have to learn how to walk first before you can run.
I will get there. The keyring versions I ordered will be delivered tomorrow, if everything goes as planned.
I can take them with me everywhere I go and do my tricks. That’ll teach them saying you cannot teach an old dog new tricks. :dog:

5 Likes

Though this is from a few days ago…on September 30th I celebrated my 10 year anniversary of my last cigarette (or smoking anything). I am grateful to be vaping instead of smoking and truly grateful to this community for your help, guidance, advice and encouragement when I started mixing my own juice almost 3 years ago. Life feels good this week. Thanks to all of you !!

16 Likes

Happy Vapeaversary (or something like that) What an achievement! :1st_place_medal:

That even made me smile :+1:

10 Likes

I found the only way I could finish it was to land the corners first, then the center squares.

2 Likes