WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (III)

Where you going @alexiv?!

3 Likes

I’m too tired to smile but today the last of the big stuff I don’t want to take with me when I move house has gone.
Everything all cleaned up.
Now I can start packing stuff I don’t use and put it away in boxes in all that space that I have all of a sudden.
My entire body hurts but this was the thing I was dreading the most and it’s over. :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

IMG_2147

ALL of this made me smile :blush:

13 Likes

13 Likes

I solved the Rubik’s Cube yesterday after 9 days of trying in between packing shit and throwing things away.
So technically it made me smile yesterday.
I can do the first two layers without any problems now. It’s the last one that I kept fucking up, until yesterday.
After I practice that a little more I will be one of those twats that put these things together in a few minutes without breaking a sweat.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Rub it in! I bet he’s been practising since he’s 6.
I’ve never done this before and I’m old. You are supposed to applaud the old fart who finishes the marathon 6 hours after everybody else has gone home, just for the effort.
You miserable old bastard. You’re just jealous, I bet you can’t do it. :game_die:

8 Likes

Lol!!! Those things piss me off more than Connections does! It was right there… I had to take it! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

I got myself two entire sets. 2, 3, 4 and 5 layers and a set with different shapes.
At the speed I’m going, that’s me settled for life.

5 Likes

7 Likes

@Josephine_van_Rijn it’s all about memorizing the patterns and then the moves. Once you get to the middle and bottom, there are actually only soo many different positions that the out of place colors can be. I have to look around and see if I can find my cheat sheet.

3 Likes

Doing a little cleaning in my junk room today and ran across some Holy Vanilla… now I’ll have to open all these forgotten about boxes to see what other surprises I can find :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

The first two layers I get. It’s the last one that gets me in trouble. I got the two layers correct and the top is yellow.
It’s setting the final corners that fucks me up. Again and again.

Me too! Found two cupboards full of NET’s when I started emptying out cupboards I was going to throw away. I had to pack them up too for the eventual move. I completely forgot about most of them.
I’m about ready to go when it comes to packing. All I need is the house.

7 Likes

I know the feeling. We had a tree fall our house a couple of years ago and insurance put us up in a motel for a month… not a fun thing at all.

5 Likes

Finding this delicious gem of Chicken of the Woods today! :drooling_face: :yum:

11 Likes

I’m still in my old house. They want to renovate soon and get rid of us. They have to find me a house first.
One I like or I’m not leaving. They know that. I want to live close to my favourite park and a decent garden for the dog and myself naturally.
About the same space as I have now but not lots of little rooms. Big rooms please.
I’m waiting. As soon as they offer me something I like, I will be ready to move over as soon as the floors are ready.

5 Likes

Great find @mstokens !!!

6 Likes

@mstokens I had no idea. Birds of a feather …

3 Likes

We had 3 huge oaks in the yard… promptly had them cut down and removed. Now I rely on my neighbors for shade :sunglasses:

3 Likes
6 Likes