WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (III)

Ive been in bed with the sickness for a few days and finally got out of bed to see this:

So this is the second time they framed it. The first time they took all the 10 feet 2x4’s and cut them down to 8 feet not understand why they sent 10 footers. Instead of asking my wife they just chopped them, when she got home they finally asked and she said it was on the plans that way as we wanted 10 foot ceiling, the plans that Menards forgot to send. 10 foot ceiling in a garage isnt really standard so it was the confusion was understandable. So he pulled it down and rebuilt it and has another job he can use the 8 footers on.

Poor fellas, lol.

14 Likes

First thing they taught me as an apprentice was measure twice and cut once. LOL

BTW my attached garage has 10 foot ceiling’s. With an 8 foot door. Only way I could get my van in the garage with ladder racks on top.

8 Likes

I believe the second lesson i learned was always know where the saw cord is. I learned that lesson twice, lol.

9 Likes

Nope! Served my apprenticeship doing steel studs on highrise’s. No saw needed. Just a snips. A lot of insulation and sweeping floors I was cheap labor.

5 Likes

i started in residential then moved on to commercial by building stores in malls all over the country. I have many scars from steel studs, to the point my decided no more rough framing with steel for me. I never really got the hang of working with steel.

6 Likes

Easy to work with steel and faster too. It’s non load bearing and can be moved around when framing. Worst job I had was hanging the core board in the elevator shaft of the Sears Tower. 2" thick sheets by 2 foot wide by 12 foot high. Working off a elevator platform on 10 inch beams. Some heavy heavy drywall.

6 Likes

Today’s my 8 year vapeaversary. I spent well over an hour at their juice bar trying different juices till I settled on a 12 Monkeys Mangabeys (mango, guava, pineapple). It was a kit with an Ego 1 tank (1 titanium coil, and 1 Nickel coil). Then I went to another shitty store and bought a Nautilus Mini and a bottle of Velvet cloud strawberry something. As I pulled into that second store, I took my last drag of a cigarette and flicked the butt out the window.

17 Likes

congrats @big_vape !
coming on 8 myself soon.

10 Likes

Backyard this evening, so many colors! Fall is so beautiful.

Being so close to the lake this is the rainy season, that is until the snow starts.

16 Likes

This made me smile today. He’s not been feeling 100% and he’s 9, which is on the higher end of senior for Bernese’s, but today we went to the pet store and ran errands… when we got home… he took a nap and looks so peaceful

16 Likes

Just flushed all the lime out of my water heater and replaced both heating elements in it. Also rebuilt the hot and cold valves in the shower. They started seeping a little. All good now. Glad that’s done.

13 Likes

Great news @Pastorfuzz, do you make house calls ?

8 Likes

If you lived a little closer maybe!

3 Likes
3 Likes

For @SmilingOgre

5 Likes

Autumn color

15 Likes

Congrats and thanks for sharing your story with us. 8 years tobacco and smoke free is HUGE !! I think I started with an Ego 10 years ago and after about 6 months switched to a VV and then a year or so later switched to sub-ohm DTL gear. Still going strong and tobacco/smoke free for 10 years. Hope you find a fun way to celebrate your accomplishment. I’m sure your lungs and heart appreciate this anniversary.

8 Likes

Thursday the ninth of November they come to lay the linoleum. Saturday the 11th my nephews come and I’m finally moving out of this dump. :tada:
I can’t wait! I’m tired of running around between two houses. One packed full of boxes and other stuff, sounding hollow like hell.
The other still empty and sounding even more hollow.
I want a home and so does my dog!

12 Likes

Congrats on getting closer…

5 Likes

And closer. Just got a call from my sis. Her youngest is going away that weekend, so I’m moving on Friday the 10th instead. One day less! :partying_face:

5 Likes