WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (III)

Congrats on getting closer to the new place. When you get moved in I hope you find a way to celebrate !!

6 Likes

What made me smile today is, I’m not what you would call a “Fruit Guy”, but cracking into the NEW Flavorah flavors, has me digging the Apple Razz. Too bad I can’t spell for shit, and my first entry into the database (don’t tell @TorturedZen) I borked up, with a typo !!!

Apple Razz !!!

8 Likes

I’m celebrating already! :dancer:
Just living there will be a joy in itself. That garden will be unrecognisable when spring comes.
My hands are itching.

6 Likes

This picture of the backyard is a little deceptive. It looks like there’s a fence and a door, but that is from the neighbour opposite.
There’s a little alley that leads to the gate in the back. Meaning the place was wide open.
The dog is used to walk in and out and I don’t want her to end up in someone else’s garden or something. So my first priority was closing that off without too much hassle and high expenses. Those fences are a lot of work and turn out quite expensive.
So I came up with something else.

The hedges will grow and the pellet they were brought in is going to be used to make a door, so I can use that piece of sheep fence, functioning as a door right now, for something else.
I bought 10 of them. 7 were enough for the back, so I had 3 left over to put in the front garden for a little privacy on the side. exactly like I had in mind. :grin:

Better pictures will follow when the place is done up.

7 Likes

“Who needs the olympics? We have the Florida Man games” :laughing:

4 Likes

Hehe, wait a minute @robrrt1, whut ?? !!!

2 Likes

ESPN, I see an opportunity here :wink:

5 Likes

Just finished watching the live stream for Police State. WOW! I was already aware of about 90-95% of what was happening, but I loved how concise the movie was in tying together all the segments, from A to B and then from A to Z, to where you can understand the BIG picture. I would rank this documentary movie #1 or #2 of all his documentary movies. I just ordered the DVD. I especially loved the live Q & A session at the end. I highly recommend you and everyone else to watch this!

4 Likes

The wife and I were out shopping at a random store and found …

7 Likes
7 Likes

New “digs”. Sorry, PUN intended. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

9 Likes

3 Likes

Had a little go at cleaning the tiles today. I can’t believe how weak I still am. Everything I want to do is a lot harder than it was before I got ill.
I had to ask for help to dig the holes to put the hedges in. I used to do that stuff myself before.
Helped set up the communal vegetable garden in the area years ago. Lugging heavy stones around, digging holes, you name it.
I barely made any headway and was exhausted.

I bought anti slip coating to put on the stairs after they’re done up.
I don’t want to break my neck slipping off. Looking at the work I have to do on that, I fear they might kill me anyway, just fixing it up.

I’m still smiling though!

9 Likes

Glad you are smiling and that you are adding an anti-slip coating to those stairs. Gotta say, that staircase looks darned cool.

5 Likes

Nowhere near as cool as it is going to look when I’m done with it.

5 Likes

I managed to scrape off most of the sticky muck on the stairs this afternoon. There must’ve been carpet stuck to it.
Now it’s about ready for the sanding machine. I had to order one, so I hope it comes soon.

9 Likes

Is it just me or does this spiral staircase not look structurally sound?! :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

Looks good!

It’s just you :grin: the wall is not round but the centre of the spiral is - both are connected to each other, so looks sound to me :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

You insulting my staircase?

3 Likes